Chapter 5

Between friendship and relationship (HIATUS)

-------Sunny's POV-------

I waited for hours but still, I got no reply. I can't even sleep and keep staring at my phone, hoping that a text would come. Without realizing, it's already midnight. Just when I was about to put my phone away, it vibrates. I take a look at my phone and it was a call from Sungmin oppa. My hand froze. I feel like the whole world had stopped. The phone stop vibrating and I don't have the chance to talk to Sungmin oppa. Few seconds later, I recevied a text

From Sungmin oppa 00:13;
Sunny-ya, are you asleep? I want to tell you my answer about your question.

I hesitate to reply. But I wanted to talk to him, so I decided to reply him.

To Sungmin oppa 00:16;
No. I'm wide awake kkkk I'm here to listen to your answer^^

From Sungmin oppa 00:17;
Oh! I thought you were asleep kkkk my answer is also yes, I will miss you. Do you really have to go? Can’t you just stay here? I don’t want to let you go :(

My heart skips a beat reading his text. It felt like a dream. Didn’t he liked Yoona? Why is he saying all this stuff to me? Everything that he has said made me confused. Is it just me or....? I throw away all of my thoughts and focused on what I should reply him.

To Sungmin oppa 00:20;                                                                                                                                                                                                                                          Let me go? What do you mean? Kkkk We can still meet right? Its not like I will be gone forever......

From Sungmin oppa 00:22;                                                                                                                                                                                                                        Hmmm.....About that....Can we meet tomorrow? I have something important to talk to you.

I was confused but still agreed to meet him tomorrow. We text until 3 o’clock and I decided to sleep. Just as I was about to sleep, Sungmin oppa suddenly called me. I picked up the phone and said, “Oppa? Why did you call? I was about to sleep.”

“I know. I just wanted to say goodnight! Sleep well and have a sweet dream! Dream about me!” He said and immediately hung up.

I was left speechless. I wanted to text him but felt so sleepy so I decide to sleep directly.

*Next day*

I’m very nervous for some reasons. I don’t know what will Sungmin oppa talk about but I’m just very nervous. We met at a mall near our school. I was sitting near the cinema waiting for Sungmin oppa when I suddenly recognize a figure from far away. It was Sungmin oppa! He looked so different. He approached me and grab my hand without saying a word. He dragged me out of the mall and went to a park. He told me to sit on a bench while he went somewhere.  He came back with 2 ice cream on his hand. He hand me one of the ice cream and started to talk.

“I don’t know where I should start. There are so many things I need to tell you before you go to Canada.” He said.

“Can you promise not to be angry of what I’m about to say?” He continued. I nod and let him continue his talk.

“To be honest, I liked you. No, I’m in love with you.” I chocked hearing what he just said.

“Are you okay Sunny?” He said panickly. I nod but I can’t look at his eyes. It’s just too shocking.

“I said that I love Yoona just because I want to be close with you. I’m so sorry.” He continued. “I love you from the moment I first saw you. You looked different from the other. You’re special.”

I can’t managed to speak anything because I was too shocked. I can’t find my voice.

“Are you angry with me?” He said. His face looked nervous.

“I don’t know.” I managed to answer.

He sigh and continue, “There is something else that I need you to know.”

I look at him thinking what will he say again.

“I am a trainee at a entertaiment company. I was suppose to make my debut next month. But knowing that you will go, I think I will quit before I made my debut.”

“NO! Why would you quit because of me?!” I was half screaming.

“Because I won’t be able to focus if you’re not here with me.” My heart melts at what he just said. But I know that this is not right. Yoona liked him first and I can’t my friend’s crush.

“We can still communicate using social network. Don’t give up your dream because of me. And besides, we’re not even in a relationship.”

He suddenly stand up and kneel in  front of me. I panicked and told him to stand up. Everyone in the park stare at us.

“Sunny-ya! I’m about to confess my love to you so listen carefully to what I’m about to say.”

He stand up facing the people who stares at us and said, “This girl beside me, is someone who is really special in my heart. She is stupid enough to not notice that I’m madly in love with her. So today, I’m taking this chance to confess to her.”

“Sunny-ya, the first time we know each you called me Sungmin. And after that you called me Sungmin oppa. Now, can you call me your boyfriend?” He kneeled once again and offered his hand.

Tears almost come out from my eyes. Everyone is screaming to me to accept Sungmin oppa’s confession. But I was confused. I love him. I really do. But at the same time I can’t break Yoona’s heart. She will hate me for the rest of her life and I can’t live with that.

I told him to stand up but he refuse so I kneel in front of him and whisper, “I need to talk to you but not here.” He stand up and grab my hand to go to a less crowded place.

“I can’t accept your confession. I’m really sorry.” I said as tears come down streaming my face.

“Why?” He said in a low tone.

“You know the reason.” I said.

“Because of Yoona? We can deal with that later. There will always be a way.” He said trying to comfort me.

“No. I don’t want to hurt Yoona’s feelings. She is my bestfriend. What kind of friend that would hurt her bestfriend?”

“So you think it is okay to hurt your own feeling? I know you do love me Sunny.” He said raising his voice.

“I don’t even know what I’m feeling right now. Can’t you give me some time to think about it? Besides you said that you will debut next month. Will the company approve if you have a girlfriend?” I said.

“We can just hide everything from them. They won’t know either.” He said easily.

“I don’t think I can do this. I need to go home and think it over.” I said.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

sorry for the long waiting! I was very busy this week. Got so many homeworks and need to prepare myself for competition.

here's another chapter!! Enjoy!! Hope it is worth the wait :)