Winter Wind

Path to Nowhere

    Some people are meant to fall in love with each other, but not meant to be together. Now, after one year and eight months I know what it means. I know what it was like to love someone and what it can do. It’ll drive you insane because love is insane. And I feel bad for the people who don’t go insane.

 

June
(One Year, Six Months and Three Days)

    This is it isn’t it? The thought consumed my mind and I was left with nothing but confusion. What went wrong? What happened to us? When did we start to fall apart?

 

December
(One Day)

    The air felt strange that day. The wind blew harder that day than it ever has. It had an omniscient presence to it. Who knew that that air was fate in disguise.

    The all-knowing air blew around the entire school and having our classrooms outside instead of inside an actual freaking building made it harder for me to get from class to the next. The stupid idiots who walked really slowly didn’t help either and the fact that I’m only 5 feet.
    The bell rang for the passing period and I headed off to my last class, which unfortunately was all the way across the campus. I don’t mind walking but when once winter comes the cold wind is a . I’m just glad it doesn’t snow here.

    Another bell rang indicating that class has started and I’m a little halfway to my class. I had French next and my teacher liked me so it would be okay with him if I was a couple of minutes late. Perks of being anti-social. You talk to teachers and they become your friends.
    I trudged my three coated self and tried to get to class as fast as I can. Then the ice cold wind swept the papers out of my hands and knocked me to the ground. I landed right on my at the hard freezing floor. I just sort of laid there and closed my eyes for a couple of seconds thinking about my already semi-ty day and now this? Great. I just want to go home and snuggle in my warm, cozy blanket.
    When I opened my eyes I saw a boy in front of me. I’ve seen him before. He’s the loner who sits at the corner of the cafeteria. I’ve caught him looking at me once in a while. But he never talked to me.

 

    “This yours,” he asked while holding out a stack of papers. “Lee Min Ri?”

    He had the softest voice. The kind that singers had and all you just wanted to do was listen to his voice for hours.

“Yeah, it is,” I replied as I slowly started getting up. “Thanks.”

“You know, even if we do go to an all Korean school, we still live in America. What's your American name?”

“Lee Ri without the Min, Lily.”

“That’s cute,” he said as he started to walk.

 

    I turned to see his tall figure walk away and before a word came out of my mouth he answered my question.

 

Kris. My name is Kris.” 

 

 

 

 

****

First chapter is done! It's gonna be going back in forth in the span of one year and eight months. We get to see how Lily and Kris came to be and how their story will end. This chapter is really short. I don't know if I'm gonna make all of them like that. But yeahh. 

Oh and everything is in Lily's POV unless stated otherwise.

Will they end up together or split? What do you guys want to happen?
Leave comments and subscribe? 

Thanks guys!