Jimin

Six people Jeongguk met in the hospital.

                    

 

Jimin Feb 10 – Feb 14

 

Jeongguk wonders why his mother had left. She has been with him for the past two days without leaving and now he couldn’t find her anywhere. He felt lonely without her.

“Hi.” Came a voice from Jeongguk’s right and the teen turned his head towards it. The other patient ,that has been sleeping for most part of the time Jeongguk was there, was now awake and smiling at Jeongguk.

“Hello,” he replied and bowed his head softly. The other had a pleasant face. His features were soft and his eyes seemed warm.

The other sat up and lifted himself from the bed. “Is it alright if we converse a bit?” he asked and walked towards Jeongguk’s bed, taking a seat on the chair his mother sat at. “I’m a bit bored to be honest.” His smile didn’t fade and Jeongguk wondered just how long will he smile.

Nodding his head a bit, Jeongguk allowed the stranger to sit next to him. “I’m Jeongguk,” he informed stretching his hand out to the other boy.

“Jimin,” the latter informed and took Jeongguk’s hand into a soft handshake.

Jimin seemed like a genuine person. He smiled a lot and he talked a lot. He would put up a wide grin when he’d talk about the places and things he wanted to do once he leaves the hospital. “You can’t really do much with a broken heart, you know?” he told Jeongguk after he informed him of his heart disease. He wasn’t able to live out his childhood the fullest because of his heart and now that there is a chance of getting a new one, he wanted to make sure he’d be able to love out all the things he never thought he could do.

“I always dreamt of dancing,” Jimin said through his laugh. “My mother would always tell me that one day I’ll be dancing like no one ever before did.” He stopped and wiped the corner of his eye. “I never trusted her though. I knew from when I was barely seven that I’d never be like the other children who played in the school yard and screamed as the adrenaline pumped through their veins. My heart was too slow and too weak to pump my blood even at the normal pace.”

Even with the sad stories Jimin told Jeongguk, he always managed to keep a smile on his lips. He wouldn’t let himself lose it because he knew if he does there will be far less hope for him.

On the day of his operation Jimin seemed far more excited and happier than in any days before.

“It’s Valentine’s day,” he said shyly as Hoseok prepared him for the operation, “I’d like a chocolate when I get back. If you don’t mind.” It was there from the first day Jeongguk saw the two interact. Jimin had a slight crush on the doctor and was far too shy to ever do anything about it. But today he felt confident, today he was getting a new life. He was finally able to live up to his age.

Hoseok’s smile was warm and the hand that he placed over Jimin’s made the younger’s ears redden. “Should I make that two?”

And there is was, the brightest smile Jeongguk has ever seen, placed upon Jimin’s lips as he pulled his covers over his head when Hoseok left the room. He was floating.

But the next time Jeongguk woke up, only his mother was in the room. She sat next to him on the chair.

“What time is it?” he asked.

She lifted her arm from her lap peeking at her watch. “It just passed two am, why?”

Jeongguk’s eyes flickered over her worried face to the empty bed next to him. Jimin’s operation should have ended by now.

“Could you bring Hoseok, please?” he asked his mother, voice cracking at the last word. It couldn’t be. No, not Jimin, just not Jimin.

His mother was quickly back, Hoseok at her side. He held his head low as he walked in.

“Where is Jimin?” Jeongguk asked and watched as the elder’s eyes tear up.

Hoseok could only swallow the tears and the lump in his throat and shake his head. “He didn’t make it.” He bit on the inside of his cheek and excused himself when he heard Jeongguk’s first sob. 

Because as much as Jimin liked Hoseok, Hoseok liked Jimin a tad bit more. 

 


 

second chapter done, five to go. 

i hope you like this because i just killed of my bias (i have quite an experience with that actually).

gif cr: x