Taehyung

Six people Jeongguk met in the hospital.

 

Taehyung - Feb 16 - Feb 17

 

It only takes two days for the bed next to Jeongguk to get a new owner. But it still doesn't clear up the tension between Hoseok and Jeongguk. The elder kept on avoiding the teen in the past few days and Jeongguk could swear he heard him cry one night while he sat next to the bed, the then unwashed sheets still between his hands.

Though, if he had to choose, Jeongguk would rather spend time with Hoseok in the awkward silence than be with the new boy.

The almond haired boy was there for only a few hours, but he still managed to annoy the living thing out of Jeongguk.

“Hey, you there.” He’d call out, throwing one of his candies at Jeongguk’s bed. He kept on calling, and calling Jeongguk, kept throwing candies at him.

Didn’t anyone tell him this was hospital?

“Jeongguk-ah,” the other boy whined and the bed below him squeaked. “I’m Taehyung,” he murmured and tapped his way over to Jeongguk’s bed, settling on the foot of it. He taps Jeongguk’s shoulder thrice before he moves in closer to him and whispers in his ear, “Please talk to me.”

The younger jumps up at the sudden closeness and pushes Taehyung off the bed, sending him first onto the floor. The boy didn’t start crying, much to Jeongguk’s surprise, didn’t even whine.

“I’m sorry,” Jeongguk muttered and stretched his hand forward to help Taehyung up. The boy was light, and his hand was soft under Jeongguk’s fingers.

“Thanks,” Taehyung shyly said and dusted of his shorts. He kept his head low, and for a moment it seemed like he was ashamed.

Jeongguk sighed; he might as well be nice now that he threw the boy on the floor. “Do you want to talk?” he asked and sat up on his bed, tapping the space next to him.

Taehyung’s face instantly lighted up. He smiled at Jeongguk and practically jumped up on his bed. “Yes,” he giggled, eyes falling over Jeongguk’s, his lips curling up weirdly.

Jeongguk nodded his head towards the boy. He felt his lips curl up at the sight of the other smiling. It was surely contagious.

“Why are you here?” Jeongguk asked, his voice low, trying not to evoke anything in the other.

“They’re making some tests,” Taehyung shrugged. “Some kid in my class has swine flu and my parents freaked out. What about you?”

Jeongguk turned his head away. He could still feel the cold metal blade inside him, it was cold at first, but his flesh and his blood enveloped it and warmed it up.

“Got stabbed,” he muttered and lifted up his shirt to reveal the bandages he still had tightly enveloped around his side.

Taehyung gasped at the bandages and lightly hit Jeongguk’s shoulder. “You’re awesome,” he whispered. “Just imagine how manly the scar will look when you tell that to your girlfriend.” He had one hand wrapped around Jeongguk’s shoulder while he used his other to wave around them. He has a bright smile pressed into his lips and Jeongguk can’t help but smile too.

Taehyung likes to talk, so he does. He informs Jeongguk of all the things he’s ever done and dreams to do. His smile never fades and Jeongguk thinks that it’s Taehyung’s best feature, his bright smile.

But then, out of nowhere, Taehyung jumps off the bed and walks over to his, crouching next to his bag.

“What’s wrong?” Jeongguk asks, leaning over the bed to see what Taehyung is doing.

Taehyung whistles while his fingers fumble through his phone. He bites on his lip and quirks an eyebrow. “Do you know who Kim Seokjin is?” he asks and sits back on the foot of Jeongguk’s bed.

Jeongguk’s mouth drops. “How wouldn’t I?” he squeals. “Jin is one of my favourite singers.”

At the said words Taehyung jumps up in his place and pushes his phone right under Jeongguk’s nose. The screen is a bit too close to Jeongguk’s face, but he can recognize Taehyung’s almond coloured mop of hair and a smile plastered over his lips. But only when he leans back he recognized the other face. Kim Seokjin had his cheek pressed against Taehyung’s, a bright smile over his own lips too. He freezes; Taehyung has met one of his favourite idols.

“Cool, right?” Taehyung asks and scoots closer to Jeongguk so both of them can stare at the picture. “Ah,” he breathes out, “I can still feel his skin on mine.” His voice drifts off, memories of the meeting flooding his senses.

Jeongguk laughs at the other boy, hitting his shoulder. “You’re weird,” he mumbles, “but I like you.”

 


 

third chapter done four to go.

i'm really bad at writing those blue titled ones, sorry

gif cr: x