Seokjin

Six people Jeongguk met in the hospital.

 

Seokjin - Feb 18 - Feb 28

 

It feels weird seeing Taehyung cry because he has to leave the next morning. They have spent the whole night discussing Jin’s music and how y one of his back up dancers was, but Jeongguk could swear that Taehyung’s eyes weren’t on the girl the whole time. He seemed much more interested in Jin’s hip s that hers rubbing.

“I’ve left you my phone number,” Taehyung mumbled, hands still tightly wrapped around Jeongguk’s shoulders. “Call me when you get out so we can go out for a coffee, or something.” He sniffled, swallowing down the tears. “Please.”

Jeongguk’s fingers threaded through Taehyung’s hair and he giggles against the other’s neck. “I will.” He hears Taehyung’s mother call him and he lets go. His smile doesn’t fade as he watches the almond haired boy walk out, tears in the corners of his eyes, but a smile securely sealed into his lips.

Jeongguk feels Hoseok’s eyes on him, but ignores them. The doctor hasn’t spoken a single word to Jeongguk ever since Valentine’s Day, and he will not be the one to talk first, not after he avoided him. It was cowardly and Hoseok should have at least told him how it happened.

“Jeongguk,” Hoseok whispered, sitting down onto the chair by Jeongguk’s side. “I want to apologi—” His words were cut off by the nurse rushing through the doors.

“We have an emergency.” She said and rushed back, not even waiting for Hoseok. The doctor lifted himself up, not sparing Jeongguk a glance.

Jeongguk dismissed it, not wanting to trouble his mind with it. Instead he leaned back into his bed and took his phone into his hand. Not only did Taehyung leave him his number, but the boy set his picture as the screensaver. His smile bright and eyes half closed.

-

When he woke up next time the room smelled different. A faint scent of roses filled the room. His eyes felt heavy from the medications he was still on, but they managed to find the source of the scent. A bouquet of bloody red roses laid on the counter by the other bed. On the bed that was now occupied by another stranger. This time though, Jeongguk felt a bit scared to even look at them.

The stranger was male, Jeongguk noted. His head was out of his sight, the curtain between the two beds was pulled on, shielding his head. But his hands were the reason Jeongguk was scared. The wrists were heavily bandaged. His fingers were pale, small red cuts over them too. Something about this made Jeongguk feel queasy. He didn’t like it.

The doors opened just as Jeongguk was about to pull his covers over his head and pretend the stranger wasn’t there. Hoseok walked in, a red haired woman by his side. She looked worried, her defined brows furrowed and her eye make-up running down her cheeks, small watery droplets carrying it down.

“Are you sure?” she asked, wiping away the tears with her peachy blouse sleeve. Something about her screamed comfort to Jeongguk. Maybe it was her lips that reminded Jeongguk of his mother, or her eyes that seemed so honest he couldn’t make himself look straight at them.

“I’m sorry,” Hoseok replied placing his palm against the woman’s back. It didn’t seem to give her comfort. Her sobs only grew louder until she ran out of the room, hair flowing through the air around her like fire.

Jeongguk wanted to ask what was that all about, but being in hospital teaches you that not everything is your problem. This was one of them. He had no right to poke around this.

“Oh, you’re awake.” Hoseok stood up, eyes falling onto the other sleeping boy before pulling the curtain and completely shielding his body. “I wanted to talk to you before,” he said and took the chair next to Jeongguk’s bed.

Jeongguk just merely nodded. He noticed how tired Hoseok’s eyes looked like. “If you want to apologize for the silent treatment..,” he said, sitting up and placing one of his palms over Hoseok’s. “You don’t have to. I understand.”

The elder smiled back. “Thank you,” he muttered and lifted himself up. “I have to go now. I have patients waiting.” He smiled at the younger, but the smile was so forced and made Hoseok look even more tired. Jeongguk honestly wondered how the other managed to stand on his feet while being so tired.

-

A week passed since the stranger came. The woman was there a few times. She kept the curtain between his and the strangers bed drawn and wouldn’t even spare Jeongguk a look.

She didn’t let the stranger even peak through the curtains. Didn’t let him stand up when Jeongguk could hear him ask her to help him up. She just kept on repeating, “People can’t see; they can’t see.”

-

“Hey,” someone called Jeongguk, his voice laced with tiredness. “You there, boy.” They called again and Jeongguk turned around, finding the curtain between the two beds pulled back, the other one smiling at him. “Could you fill up my cup?” he asked, finger pointing onto the plastic cup resting on the counter.

He jumped down and took the cup wordlessly filling it up and bringing it back to the stranger. He didn’t notice it at first, but it was obvious now when he stood so close. Jin, Kim Seokjin, the famous singer, lied on the bed next to him. His eyes hollow and his lips chapped.

Jeongguk mouth has fallen open, fingers froze on the cup.

“You alright?” Seokjin asked and waved his hand before Jeongguk’s eyes. His fingers fold around Jeongguk’s and he takes the cup before the younger spilled its content over the floor. “Please don’t have a seizure.” His voice sounded so strained, raspy even.

“No, I—” Jeongguk muttered, slipping into the chair by Seokjin’s bed. “Sorry, I’m just..,” he looked for the appropriate words. Making Seokjin uncomfortable wasn’t his intention. “I’m acquainted with your music, so I…” He allowed his voice to trail off while Seokjin drank his water.

“Thank you.” Seokjin murmured just as the doors of their room opened. The red haired woman walked in. shock on her face evident when she saw the two.

“I told you not to,” she hissed, pushing Jeongguk up from the chair and pulling the curtain back where it was. “He could sell this to the press and then you can say goodbye to your career.”

Jeongguk peeked through the curtains. “I wouldn’t.”

The woman just sighed and Seokjin gave him a small smile. “You won’t have to.”

-

Jeongguk spent three days thinking about Seokjin’s words. He couldn’t understand why he won’t have to. It bothered him. The way Seokjin looked like and his heavily bandaged wrists. There was something wrong.

“Can I ask you,” he started, jumping off his bed and pushing the curtain away, “why are—” His words got lost in his throat. Seokjin wasn’t in his bed.

Brows furrowed, the boy retreated back to his bed, wrapping the warm blanket around his body as a shiver run down his spine. Something bad was happening. Something terrible.

He tried his best to stop worrying; tried to sleep. But it was all in vain. His mind couldn’t think of anything else but Seokjin. He couldn’t stop wondering why he was here; what happened to him.

A moan, or maybe a whine, came from the bathroom sending Jeongguk off the bed, frightened. Whimp. He thinks while he dusts himself and climbs back onto the bed. It was probably Seokjin.

And it was.

He was locked in the bathroom the whole night. He was carried out by two medical students. Their gloves were bloody and the sheet they used to cover Seokjin’s body was soaked in blood too. He was dead, cold dead just next to Jeongguk. One of his hands fell out of the cover and Jeongguk caught the slit on the elder’s wrist before it was tucked back in.

It all made sense now; the bandages on Seokjin’s wrists, the red haired woman telling him not to talk with anyone because it could cause a scandal. It all made sense.

 

He killed himself. He killed himself right next to Jeongguk and he didn’t hear anything.

Jeongguk wanted to blame himself. He feared he was the reason why Seokjin was dead, but Hoseok’s warm words into his hair told him, “We knew he was going to kill himself. We just thought he’ll wait until he’s out.” His fingers Jeongguk’s back. “I’m sorry you have to go through all this. I’ll get you a better roommate next time, I promise?”

Jeongguk eased into his touch, he was so warm. “Thank you,” he whispered into Hoseok’s chest before everything before his eyes turned black. 

 


 

fourth chapter done, three to go. 

do i hate myself for using that gif? yes.

would i do it again? probably, he's too cute in it.

gif cr: x