Jaejoong

The Reader
Jaejoong walked out of the pet shop.

His apartment was just a few streets away and his Jiji needed new food, so he decided to take the evening off and go shopping.

Well, "shopping" wasn't the right word. More like "stop-at-the-pet-shop-and-the-supermarket."

He saw his cat walk through the crowd. Jiji actually never went further than the park near the apartment... So what was his cat doing there?

Sure, there were a lot grey cats in Seoul, but that was clearly his Jiji. 

His cat was precious to him. More than that. He told Jiji everything. If you can call it 'telling' a cat... but Jaejoong often said that he would be so bored without Jiji.

He pushed himself against the flow of the crowd, trying to reach the grey fur ball. But Jiji suddenly decided to go across the street. The traffic lights turned green for the cars. Shocked, Jaejoong started running, but his cat was too far away.

And then he saw a young woman, sprinting from the other side of the street towards his cat. The woman fell, but the cars stopped. Jaejoong couldn't really see something and made his way (with the help of his elbows) through the staring people. 

As soon as he could, he started running again.

He reached the woman and Jiji (and a semi-shocked-near-to-a-heart-attack car driver). The woman was curled up like an embryo around Jiji and her arms lay defending over his little cat.

Jaejoong helped the woman to her feet. She still had his cat in her arms.

Without thinking and near to tears, he hugged her.

"You know, we're standing in the middle of a street..." The woman said and he immediately let go of her. She turned around to walk the way back from where she had tuned up out of nowhere.

Perplexed, Jaejoong held his cat and followed her. He was sure he had seen this long, brownish hair, the well-formed face and the sparkling eyes somewhere before. 

While he was thinking about why he was using words like "sparkling" he noticed what she was wearing. Business clothes. A dark blazer and a white blouse combined with black jeans and marine blue wedges. How come she could run with those shoes?

"Are you a stalker?" She didn't turn around as he spoke to him.
"No, why?"
"You're following me, aren't you?"
"Er... that... eh," He searched for words and then just said, "Thank you!"

The woman stopped her way and Jaejoong crashed into her back.

"No problem, Mister."
"Well, I'm not that old that I'm considered as 'Mister'..."
"Then, what else should I call you? Guy with a cat on his arms?" He could hear her sarcasm.
"For example."

She continued walking and Jaejoong remembered the dream he had had in the night before.
She clearly was the woman from his dream. How cheesy that sounded!

He was sure he had some mental disorder; that had never been his way of thinking. Maybe some goblin thinking he was Cupid had found a new home in Jaejoong's head. Rubbish.

"Miss?" Jaejoong shouted after her.
"What's it, my stalker?" She couldn't fight a smile.
"Firstly, I'm not a stalker, and secondly," he made a little break. "How can I repay you?"
"You don't need to," she said, still smiling.

He smiled back. Something about this woman was weird. He actually didn't trust women, not even his own mother. But the girl made him feel safe and comfortable. Like she was some good friend, though he just met her.

"But I really want to. Let me help you carrying these!"

He took the woman's grocery bag and wanted to grab the messenger bag, but she turned away.

Sure, there probably were important documents or a laptop in it. Jaejoong wouldn't give away his either. 

He suddenly remembered the time his secretary had just begun working. In the first to weeks she wasn't allowed to carry his bag or entry his office without knocking. He had been a real back then. He used to let out his anger on Mrs. Chang, who couldn't do anything against it. But after two years they were quite a good team. Mrs. Chang even invited him to her wedding on the following weekend.
He should give her higher wage when she comes back to work. She was pregnant.

"Help me to buy a cat, please!" The woman suddenly said.
"Oh, okay. But why?" Jaejoong couldn't do anything against his curiosity.
"I... I feel a little lonely." She looked away, so that he couldn't see how embarrassing it was for her.
Jaejoong noticed and quickly apologized.

He had expected that the woman had a cat herself, since she saved his Jiji. Maybe she was just good-hearted. Or her cat passed away. Would you get a new one then? 
He was surprised how much he thought about her.

"Where is this pet shop again?" She interrupted his thoughts. Better for him - he was drifting too far away. 

He looked around. They had been walking the wrong way. And on the wrong side of the street.

"We need to go back." he said, rearranging his cat on his left arm and the grocery bag in his right hand.

~

The shop owner looked quite wondering as Jaejoong entered the shop the second time that day. The woman he was accompanying left her bags next to the entry and ran (like a little girl) towards the kittens, causing him to smile. 

He went after her and kneeled down next to her. 
The kitties were about a hand tall and clumsily strolled through their little enclosure. Jiji reached out with his paw, but Jaejoong drew him away.
A white kitty with blue eyes, the littlest of them all, toddled to the woman and stared at her.

The woman smiled.
And Jaejoong noticed, that he didn't know her name.

Hello Readers,
I'm happy to present to you my newest update ^^
And thanks for the nice review by Koguma (love you unnie ♥) and the comments from cassiemax ^-^
I probably won't be able to update much in the next time... school starts on thursday -.-"
See you all next chapter~