teaser o5: the underdog

╰☆╮ H E R O ╰☆╮ » s t o r y s t a r t «

xXx

22 year old Kyoko Asami shoved her items in her bag hastily before slinging it over her shoulder, rushing towards her older brother's apartment. She tucked her brown hair behind her ear and ran out of the building muttering under her breath, “I hope Oniisan isn't mad…”  

Asami was running late for lunch because of a surprise trainee evaluation at CUBE entertainment, the company she trained under. She pushed herself to run quicker, not wanting to make her brother to wait any longer than she already had. She cursed, *darn, I didn't have time to change out of my practice clothes..*

Asami eyed her sweats and sighed, normally she wouldn't go out in public without putting on something nicer, maybe a floral print dress or something cute, but since she was running late, ran out of CUBE as soon as she could.  

Asami wasn’t running terribly late (it was only 3 in the afternoon), but she had promised her Oniisan that she would be there at 1 to eat lunch together. She pursed her lips and ran faster, only a few feet away from his apartment.

She bust in through the door and yelled, “I’M HOME ONIISAN, I’M SORRY I’M LA-" Before noticing a small figure sitting next to her brother.

Slightly confused, she introduced herself. “Uh..annyeong,” she bowed, “It’s nice to meet you…” She turned towards her brother, Kyo, signing “Who is she? Why is she here? Is she your girlfriend?” she teased.

Her brother quickly signed back, annoyed. “Not my girlfriend no, she’s here for you, and-”

The small girl cut Asami’s brother off calmly, “And I can sign too.”

Asami stopped signing, a bit embarrassed. *Oops.* Asami's older brother rolled his eyes as she sat across from him, sticking her toungue out. Kyo was a mute, and Asami's closest friend. They had always taken care of each other, and had a normal brother sister teasing type of relationship.

The small girl smiled, "Kiyoko Asami from CUBE ent? The Japanese trainee?"

Asami pursed her lips and nodded wearily, she hated it when people refered to her as just 'The Japanese trainee.' It made her feel inferior, as if they didn't accept her as one of their own.

"Yes. Why?"

"Sorry," the short girl quickly apologized in a language other than korean, "I didn't mean to offend..My name is Sooyeon. Cho Sooyeon, a trainee under YG entertainment."

Asami rose her brow and shared a look with her brother, "You speak Japanese?"

Sooyeon signed quickly, "Languages are what I'm best at. And I'm partially Japanese as well."

Asami nodded her head slightly, a bit impressed (not that she would admit that however). "Again.." Sooyeon quickly signed and spoke, "I really didn't mean to offend, but I needed to make sure it was you."

Asami smiled slightly, "I understand...is there a reason why you're looking for me?" she asked, straight to the point as always.

Sooyeon nodded, "There is actually. I didn't mean to come in so unexpectedly, I planned on going to your company first, but they told me you would be here."

Asami nodded, "Well that was the plan for today, if it weren't for.." *if it weren't for that stupid company evaluation. Seriously, how lowly do they think of me?*

She shook her head, "Why were you looking for me again?"

"Oh right. Well I'm not sure if you remember me. You probably don't. Last week, I went to your monthly evaluation with another boy from SM ent. We watched all the trainees get evaluated in hopes of finding someone."

Asami rose her brow, "Find someone?" What the heck was this girl talking about? She vaguely remembered a rumor going around about someone watching the evaluations, but she couldn't be sure.  *Can she get to the point..*

Sooyeon smiled, "We were looking for someone to be a member of a new group, where each company gave 1-2 members. That includes Cube, TS, Woollim, LOEN, SM, YG, and JYP." she counted off with her fingers.

"And based off of the monthly evaluations, myself and my parter, the SM trainee, chose you."

Asami was silent.

Kyo nudged her and signed, "Well say something."

Asami waved her brother off and looked at the girl incrediously. "Seriously? This is a real thing? Those seven companies are forming a group together??"

Sooyeon nodded, "It's a trial run really, just to see if something like this could ever be done. "But if we pull it off, we'll be quite a well known K-Pop group. Especially since we'll be promoting outside of Korea a majority of the time."

"What?" Asami spluttered, "We're going to promote outside of Korea?? That's impossible."

Sooyeon's face was calm as she continued to explain. "It's a test run, but is definitely possible. A lot of our members are multi-cultural, and they're hard workers."

She thought back to the others that Miyoung and P.Kay had picked out. "I wouldn't be a part of the group if I knew they were destined to fail. I picked you because I saw how hard you worked compared to the others. Working through the language barrier is definitely amazing."

Asami remained silent, but smiled slightly at the praise. From what it looked like, this girl wasn't easy to impress.

"It'll be difficult no doubt, but when I explained to the others the potential I saw in you, they agreed. We think you'd be a perfect fit for our group."

"Really?" she finally spoke. She knew that the chance of her debuting soon was slight, especially because of everyone's constant judgements. But now she had an opportunity right in front of her, and was a little unsure whether or not she should have taken it.

"So I came here to give you an offer. Would you like to join our group?"

Asami took a look at her brother, unsure. Kyo nodded, "I think you should do it Asami. It's what you've always wanted right? I'll be your number one fan," he teased.

Asami tsked and slapped his arm, "of course you would say that, you're my brother."

She laughed and turned to Sooyeon. 

"Alright. I'm in."

Sooyeon smiled, glad that she had agreed. She honestly felt Asami would be a nice edition to HERO. "Great! I'll give you my number and tell you when to come by the SM building to meet everyone else." She slid over a slip of paper as she got up to leave.

"Oh wait. I almost forgot." Sooyeon turned to look at the now beaming Asami. 

"We're a co-ed group too."

xXx

A/N: HELLO EVERYONEEE~ Yeah I didn't have time to edit this but I just wanted to get it out right now ;____; will come back and edit it soon~ - Onion