teaser o4: the bad boy

╰☆╮ H E R O ╰☆╮ » s t o r y s t a r t «

xXx

The brunette tilted her head to the side and stared intently at the boy in front of her. He stared back at her, keeping the cold look on his face. She scrunched up her nose and placed her hands over her chest, looking him over once more. Was this really the guy she was looking for? She couldn't tell. Currently, the two were sitting across from each other at a small coffee shop near TSent Building, the girl somehow managing to convince the trainee manager to let the boy have the day off. 

"Just to make sure, you're TSent's Nam Jiho...right?"

The black haired boy kept his face emotionless as he responded back, "depends who's asking."

*Whew it is him! Umma would kill me if I got the wrong guy...* The girl clapped her hands and smiled, "Oh so you are! My name is Park Miyoung! A JYP trainee."

He continued to stare at her, bored. She continued on. "I'm sure you're wondering why I was looking for you.."

He didn't say anything.

"Well..." she continued uneasily. "I don't know if you've heard anything with the other trainees, but SM and other major companies have been thinking about forming a coed collab group! And you're one of the possible candidates," she cheerily finished. 

More silence. She waited for a response, hoping the awkward silence would soon fade. 

"......"

"Not interested right now."  

Jiho pushed his chair back and began to walk away from the cafe, away from this weird girl and away TS. Miyoung blinked and soon followed suit, confused as to why he would reject her offer. "Wait what??? At least hear me out before walking away!!"

She chased after him as he strode calmly, shoving his hands in his pockets. *I mean I know they say he's a rebel but come on what's with the act...* She jogged next to him slowly, "H-Hey where are you going?" She tugged on his sweaters sleeve, trying to get him to stop. He scorned at the contact but continued to walk, monotonely stating, "I don't want to be in a stupid coed group. I have things to do so if you don't mind-"

She kept her hand on his sleeve, starting to get fed up with his 'I don't care,' attitude.

"YAH." She slapped his arm (a little too hard), causing him to stop walking and internally cringe. He looked at her wordlessly and she huffed, glaring. "Do you know how hard it was to get the manager to let you have the day off?? I just wanted to explain to you the situation, I'm not forcing you to join this 'stupid coed group,'" she scorned, "I just thought that since YOU KNOW you're probably the hardest working TS trainee and YOU KNOW, you want to be a singer, you might be interested."

She let go of his arm and muttered to herself, frustrated with him and everyone. "I know I told the others I was okay with hunting everyone down, but dealing with everyone's bossy attitude is ridiculous." She was specifically referring to TSent's managers, who brushed her off and made her wait ALL DAY before getting to see Jiho.

Jiho softened, he could understand the being annoyed at bossy people part. More than anything, he hated being told what to do. Which is exactly why he didn't want to listen to what she had to say. But...he reasoned that walking away had been rude, so he decided to give her a chance.

He held out his palm and looked at her. Miyoung's anger turned into annoyance and confusion, what did he want now? "What is it?"

"Phone." he commanded.

Instead of arguing, she did as he said, watching him type away into her phone before handing it back to her.

"Sorry," he curtly apologized. "I wasn't lying when I said I had things to do. I was going to leave TS today anyway, even if you hadn't gotten Namhae (TSent's trainee coordinator) to agree to let me go. But you did so thank you. I'll think about your offer."

He then walked away with a small smile and wave, confusing Miyoung even more.

"Wait." She took a look at her phone and looked at the new number inputted. She looked back up at his retreating figure and asked the air, "Isn't he supposed to be mean?"

"Huh."

xXx

Jiho breathed out and tried his best to keep himself warm. He sat outside of the hospital's main entrance, done with his weekly visit. Jiho sat on the cement steps, thinking his grandmother's condition over. It wasn't uncommon for her to feel weak, at least not at the rate the cancer was progressing at. He held his head in his hands and took deep breaths, trying not to think negatively.

He pulled himself off the cement steps and walked away from the hospital, only pausing to look back once. Jiho had a complicated past. In that complicated past involved complicated relationships with not only himself, but the family members around him. He recalled the last time he saw his grandfather.

He felt uneasy as the sickly sent of blood wafted to his nose. He shook his head and tried to figure his way back to the TS dorms. Maybe hyungs would be there today to see them.

His mind wandered back to the hospital. Out of all his complicated relationships, the simplest relationship he held was with his grandmother. She had supported him throughout everything, no matter how small or big the challenge he faced. He owed her everything.

He shivered as he pulled his phone out of his pocket, the bright LED screen lighting up the dark night. His grandmother always thought he would be a successful singer, and even pushed him into auditioning for TSent. He smiled before thinking back to earlier that day, when that girl- what was her name? Miyoung?- gave him the opportunity to join her group. He scrolled down his phone menu and noticed the one unread message. He opened it and of course, it was from her.

From: Unknown Number

Hey Jiho it's Miyoung. Just wanted to make sure I had the right number. Anyway, if you want to hear more about the group or if you just want to talk, just let me know! 

Before he knew what he was doing, Jiho sighed and pressed the call button on his screen. *What the hell do I have to lose. Besides...it's what Halmoni would want.* (AN: Halmoni means Grandmother).

The phone rang twice before a tired voice picked up, a "hello?" ringing through his ears.

"Hi." He paused, trying not to sound overly excited.

"It's Jiho. I've been thinking about your offer." 

"I'll do it." 

xXx

OMG HAI EVERYONE IT'S ONION! SCHOOL IS FINALLY OVER *SOBS TEARS OF JOY* SO I HAVE TIME TO WRITE WOOP. This isn't edited cause it's like 12 and everyone's tired sob I'm sorry I'll edit it later...anyway hopefully I'll be updating a lot more frequently now but we'll just have to see how busy I am with break hw ; ; enjoy this small teaser for Jiho our bad boy~ - Onion

ps music is now optional ohoho~