The eyes of a Mother

The Leafes

 

I woke up with swollen eyes and limped body as I dragged myself out of the shower. I don't have any intention to go to work today. First, because there is Kim Jaejoong. Second, I'm about to die! 
I took a good look at my wrist and the tree is still there. I sighed. Maybe it's okay to take one day off? Jaejoong will understand. Well, if you're wondering, I'm working at clothes company. The brand is "Cassiopeia". Jaejoong, my childhood friend slash my crush, is the owner. I'm working there as a designer. The payment is no joke, I could buy a car every month if my designs being produced continuously, which is yes. I'm one of their muses. Every clothes I've designed always make it to international market. 
 
I sighed as I stared at myself in the mirror.  Park Bom, you are pretty. Nobody can beat your beauty. But you're dying, damn it. I looked down at the tattooed tree on my wrist. I can't be sad for any reason. I need to be happy. I need to make everyone around me happy. I think I need a green tea to calm myself now. Let's go to a japanese restaurant for breakfast! 
 
-
 
I sipped my green tea as I stared at people passing by near the restaurant. I could see fathers swaying their hands with their children, I could see mothers bringing their shopping bags and talk with their friends, I could see business women who are busy with their phones and young high schooler walking with their lovers, holding hands or hugging each other while walking. I sighed, I might have everything but to be honest, I'm desperate for love. I really want to have a boyfriend, who love me to the fullest. I pout as I stared at my wrist. It really feels like a dream but for thousand times I look back at my wrist, the tree is still there.
 
"Skip the work, huh?" Suddenly someone patted my shoulder, causing me to jerk up.
 
"Yah! Choi Seung Hyun~ it's not funny. You scared me!" I whin as I went back to sit. He laughed and sat in front of me. What's he doing here anyway? Isn't now a work time?
 
"What are you doing here?" I asked. He laid his back on the chair and crossed his legs. 
 
"Shouldn't I'm the one who ask you that? Why do you skip work?" I rolled my eyes. 
 
"I'm asking you, why do you ask me back?" 
 
"I went to your house to pick you up. I'm worried since last night you seemed troubled.. Even imagining things, saying there was someone barging in to your house. But then I saw you walk out of your house and I end up following you here." He then got closer to me. "You're here all alone, are you okay?" 
 
Wow. I don't know but his face... Why do I feel so special when he stared at me like that? Worry is fully written on his face. I smiled.
 
"Are you worried for me that much?" I teased. His face didn't change and it got me startled. Should I tell him everything? He won't believe me..
 
"I just need some times to refresh my mind. There's a storm happening in here!" I pointed my head and dropped it on the table. 
 
"Don't tell me.. You actually still burdened by the fact that Jaejoong has an eye on your friend?" Damn it, Seung Hyun. With these burdensome thoughts about my death, WHY DO YOU NEED TO BRING THAT UP!? 
 
"Go away, I hate you." I said. I didn't even move my head from the table. I heard him sighed a heavy breath as he my hair. 
 
"Should we go to my house?" He asked.
 
 
"Motheeeeerrrrrr~~~~" if you think it's Seung Hyun, you're wrong. It's me pulling off my shoes and ran around the house while shouting Seung Hyun's Mom. Yeah, we are this close. Since my parents are not here, I learned to get close with my best friend's parents as well. 
 
"Bom?" Mother came out from the kitchen and I immediately hugged her like it was the first time after thousand years I haven't seen her. 
 
"Oh my God~ my pretty baby~ long time no see!" She shrieked as she hugged me. 
 
"I miss you.." I said as I feel the tears on the edge of my eyes. She smiled and kissed my forehead. 
 
"I miss you too, honey. Have you eaten?" I shook my head. 
"Omo, what do you want to eat? I'll make it for you."
 
"I want lasagna. But I don't want to cook~" I whin, still hugging her. She chuckled.
 
"I know, you lazy brat. Go up and change your clothes into the cozy one." I smiled as I gave her one last kiss on her cheek before I went up to Seung Hyun's room. 
 
I have bunch of pajamas here in Seung Hyun's closet. I used to play here and sleep around the house when Seung Hyun's older sister haven't move out to the State. I'm in the middle of choosing the most cute pajama to wear when Seung Hyun got in. He went straight to his bed and laid down.
 
"It has been awhile to have you here, Bom." He said. I nodded. 
 
"Yeah~ I miss your sister, we used to barge in to your room and made a mess together." I laughed at the memories. I sat near him and laid on my stomach. "And when we did that, you would went Godzilla! You would smack me down. Omooo~ when I think about it, you're so mean to me!!" We laughed together as he move to the side. 
 
"Let's just sleep here tonight, Bom. I miss you.." He said. I scoffed. 
 
"Yah, you meet me everyday! How could you miss me?" He chuckled and snuggled to me. I patted his head. Man, I can't believe we did this. Old habits die hard. 
 
"Come on~~ sleep over here tonight, okay?" He said, staring up to me and battling his eyelashes. Tell me who could ignore this cutie pie? 
 
"Bommie! Lunch is ready!" Mother's voice booming through the house and I immediately sat up. 
 
"I'm going down!!" I yelled and hurriedly went to the bathroom to change my clothes, leaving Seung Hyun groaned as I smack his head on the way. 
 
 
"Sleep over here for tonight." Mother said. 
 
"I know right! You should sleep here tonight!" Seung Hyun added. I smiled.
 
"Okay. I sleep here tonight, don't blame if I do something unpleasant thing in your room, Choi Seung Hyun!" I pointed my chopstick to him. 
 
"Do whatever you want, I won't mad." He smiled. Hmph, look until I mess up his room. I bet he'll gone DOOM DADA! 
 
"I see something change on you, Bommie." Mother said. 
 
"What is it?" 
 
"Why did you tattooed your wrist?" Mother asked as I choked on my own saliva and I swear I think I had a heart attack and maybe ten of the leaves fall down. 
 
-----
Thank you so much for supporting this storyyyy!!! Can someone make a poster for this one? Hehe I'm sorry but I really need one :D please leave some comments! Love you :*