chapter 1 - The Stranger In Shining Armour

The Leafes

 

I blew my bangs for the thousands times, waiting for the bus to come. The rain is pouring down like a mad storm with thunders everywhere. I still keep my phone off so everyone can’t contact me. After what had happen just then, I don’t know how to act in front of him anymore. I know this is awkward. Having your crush hooking up with your bestfriend’s girlfriend who is your bestfriend too. Heh, confusing right? From all of the love story around the world, will mine have a happy ending? Sigh.. I’m this near for being crazy now.

The bus finally come and I immediately rush inside. There are not a lot of people in the bus, it’s almost midnight and this is the last round of the bus. I sit at the very back seat and lean my head on the glass window. I love him, I really do. Since we were in high school. Why he never see me as a girl? Is it because I’m ugly? I’m not as pretty as Suzy and maybe that’s the problem. But, does the value of your heart depends on your beauty? I’m really mad at myself right now. Just like her, I want to be pretty! Somebody help me!

 

“Excuse me, miss. But this is the last stop for today. You can get down here right now.” The driver’s voice got me back to reality. There’s no one in the bus already and I look like a damn stupid woman who doesn’t even know where to go.

 

“Ah, yes.” I hurriedly get off and walk out of the park. There’s no use to run away, I need to go home. Even the bus brought me home.

 

While walking back home, I turn up my phone. Maybe no one cares where the hell I am, but I know someone would be super worried if I’m not back at this hour. And my mind is right because the moment I turn up my phone, it’s ringing.

 

“Hello?”

 

“PARK BOM! I heard you’re missing up until this hour! Where are you?! I’m on my way to get you.” That’s my friend, Choi Seung Hyun. He’s the one who cares for me more than anyone else nowadays. Yes, nowadays. We were in the same high school back then and we never keep up with each other until fate met us. It was such a sweet story between us. I fell for him once but immediately move on when I feel like he’s not even see me as a girl he would date. I think because he doesn’t have a girlfriend and limited girl friends, that’s why he’s close to me.

 

“I just need some time alone. There’s no need to worry. I’m on my way back home already.” I said, trying to sound cheerful. It’s midnight already and I don’t want to bother him. He has a busy day tomorrow.

 

“You walk alone?! Where are you? I’m going there.” It only needs to take one last step to reach my neighborhood. I sighed and hurried my pace. I keep on looking down all the way back, and when I’m sure that I already in front of my house, I smiled.

 

“Don’t worry, I’m………… home.” My eyes widened at the sight before my eyes. There, someone who looks like a prince in shining armor and his white horse, a very beautiful stranger, sit comfortably on the bench near the front door. Without me knowing, I press the red button and run inside my house. This beautiful stranger might be someone dangerous!

“Excuse me, can I help you?” I asked, but he doesn’t even move his eyes!

 

“I’m sorry, sir. What can I help?” I repeat but again, it seems like he can’t see nor hear me. Frustrated, I stomped my feet and stood right in front of him, gaining his attention and shout.

 

“EXCUSE ME, SIR. What are you doing here?” he slowly looks up and met my eyes. I put my hands on my hips and act like a mother who scold her child. His eyes turned wide and his face looks so shock. He pointed at himself.

 

“A.. Are you talking to me?” OMG what is this? Someone actually sit in front of my house and ask if I talk to him just now? It’s good that I’ve already pull off my shoes cuz I feel like to throw it to his face.

 

“Who else? would I talk to the wall instead?!” I shrieked. He flinched a little and immediately stood up.

 

“No. You shouldn’t see me. You shouldn’t talk or hear me either!” he panicked. Wait, did his eyes just turn to gold?

 

“Park Bom!” I looked back and saw Seunghyun running from the gate. I smiled. This man is a sweetheart.

 

“Why are you here? I told you, I’m fine.” I said, giving my hand to hold his hand.

 

“I’m so damn worried, you know. Never do that again! If I didn’t call Jiyong, I would not know that you’re strolling down the street at this late hour!” he then drags me to sit with him at the bench. Just then, I saw that beautiful man standing near us with his hands covering his chest, looking so shock as .

 

“What are you doing standing there? Do I know you?” I asked again. He then gasped. Oh man, he looks so gay.

 

“Bom? Who are you talking to?” I heard Seunghyun asked.

 

“I don’t even know him and he already sit on this bench ever since I got home. And now he acts all gay.” I pout. Seriously, it has been a long night to me, why can’t he just tell me what he wants?

 

“He? Who’s he? There’s only me and you here, Bom.”

 

“What?”

 

“Told ya, you are not supposed to see me.” The beautiful stranger said.

 

*

 

This story is dedicated to myself~ kekekeee I hope you guys will enjoy this as much as I do and please leave some comments below! I'll try to update the day after tomorrow~ :D