The Tree of Happiness

The Leafes

 

Wow. Just... Wow! Did I just see a ghost?! The handsome man said I'm not supposed to see him and Seunghyun couldn't see nor hear him! I felt goosebumps all over my body as I closed my room's door. I asked Seunghyun to go home and that man also went out of my house. I think that beautiful man was just my imagination due to fatigue. I slipped myself between my blanket and sighed. Tonight is such a long night. I wonder how he's doing right now with his new crush? I laughed. I'm so pathetic.. No, he's so pathetic.. How could he declared his love to her while he's completely knows that she already has a boyfriend who's currently in America for a business trip?! Can I just stab him with a fork until he dies?! Grrr I'm so angry! 
 
"Tsk tsk, I'm still wondering why she's the ideal girl.. Look at her, soo hopeless." I widened my eyes as I snapped to look beside my bed and found that beautiful man standing there, looking at me with pity in his eyes. Darn! How did he get in here?!! 
 
"Kyaaaa! Who are you!!! Why are you here?! Gooo!!!" I shrieked and throw pillows to him. He stood still as all the pillows I threw just got through him without hitting him. What. The. . 
 
"Oh Lord, are you a ghost?! Kyaaaaaa!!!!!!!" I'm this near to jump out of the window! He stood near my bed and my door, I don't have anywhere to escape but my huge window! 
 
"Hey! What are you doing!? Get back here, now!" He commanded. Excuse me, who the hell is this weirdo!? He started to walk near me and I begin to shriek again. He put his hands up.
 
"Alright! Alright! I'll stop but please get down from there now! I'm not a ghost! Geez.." He pleaded and instantly went near the door. I loosened my grip on my window knob, steadying my breathing while glaring at him. God, for all the things I've been through.. Why do I have to see a ghost? Yes, he is handsome but creepy! 
 
"What do you want?" I asked, trying to sound angry but failed cuz I'm dead scared. He scoffed and smirked at me. Excuse me, ghost. Stop doing that, you look y damn it. 
 
"For the million times I told you I'm not a ghost. And if you want to know what I want, I don't want anything. I'm doing my job." He said calmly and sat at my sofa near TV. 
 
"Your job? Pardon me, the pillows just went through you! And you said that you're not a ghost?! What job are you doing in my room!?" My voice is 3 notes higher. 
 
"I'm doing such a 'take & give' job." 
 
"What?" For a split second, he's right before my eyes. Staring at me intently as he pointed at my heart. His touch feels heavy, as if tons of stones hit me. I flinched at the contact. 
 
"This heart of yours is screaming, searching for help desperately. I'm here to give you a help." He said and he pulled his finger away from me. "You are heading to the wrong way without even realize that you're hurting yourself. The screams is so loud and painful, I can't even hear it without tears. It screams every night." He paused. "But not tonight." 
 
Oh my God, this ghost. But not tonight? My heart is screaming in pain, it's true! Because I just break my heart tonight since the love of my life just confess to another girl and it was all happened TONIGHT. If he really speaking the truth, he should say that my heart screams the loudest tonight! Grrrr 
 
"Excuse me, astral. Since you don't want me to call you a ghost. You definitely don't know me. I think you're with the wrong person." His face suddenly turned amuse. 
 
"Park Bom." Okay, he knows my name. 
 
"The love of your life is not Kim Jaejoong." 
 
. MY. LIFE!!! How did he know about Kim Jaejoong!? Oh Christopher, is he stalking me!? Wait, who's christopher? 
 
"I can hear your mind too." He added. Holy cow!! Did he hear me call him handsome and y earlier?
 
"Yes, thank you." He said. I face palmed myself and laid down on my bed.
 
"Are you my guardian angel?" I asked. He put his finger on his chin as he nodded.
 
"You can say that." I sighed. What on earth is happening with me? But he mentioned Jaejoong just now, and he said Jaejoong is not the love of my life? Me getting married with Jaejoong is impossible?
 
"If it's not Kim Jaejoong, then who?" I asked him. He smiled and sat next to me. The bed didn't even move an inch. He's as light as feather. 
 
"I'm here to make you realize who he is and make you happy together with him. I'm here to give you happiness." 
 
"Hm, but you said it's take and give job. If you give me happiness, what do you take?" I asked. His eyes suddenly turned intense. He looked straight into my eyes.
 
"Your life."
 
 I swear I don't even hear a hint of joke in his voice. He's dead serious. 
 
" you." I spatted and pulled my blanket over my head, not wanting to see him anymore. 
 
"My job is to help desperate hearts and take lives. Yours is one of them. People could only see me when they're about to die. I want to safe your heart but I missed your name on my list before I go. I forgot about your death." I cringed as I hear death coming out from his mouth. 
"The fact that you could see and hear me got me startled at first." 
 
I sighed as fear slowly came rushing through my system. I'm about to die. my life.
 
"You should die tonight, but I'm giving you the happiness. Now see your wrist." I pulled down the blanket and sat on the bed. I looked at my wrist and there was a tree, tattooed on my wrist. 
 
"It's a tree of happiness. The leaves will fall down one by one and if the last leave falls, you are going to die at the end of the day." My tears already fall down my cheeks as I looked at him. "The more you feel sad, the leaves will fall down even faster. You have to be happy to keep the leaves alive. Happiness is your only hope by now." He said and he smiled. "It doesn't hard to be happy, right?" 
 
*
 
Please leaves comment below! I'd really love it if you guys show yourself :D