- Luhan's Claim

Cupcakes

    “Idiot! Why did you oversleep?!” the tall, lanky giant whined as they dashed through the hallways.

“It’s not my fault!” huffed Baekhyun.

It was partially true. After the sudden confession (?) from Luhan last night, he barely slept a wink, tossing and turning.

Now it’s 8:20, 15 minutes late for school. He owed Chanyeol for waiting in his car for him while he randomly put on the school’s gray cardigan over a ratty Donald Duck shirt.

“I don’t care, you still owe me custard bread at lunch! See ya,” he waved goodbye and entered his first class that was around the corner.

Baekhyun sped up his pace and rushed to the boys’ locker room. Fortunately, his coach liked him enough to not scold him as much.

He quickly changed into his blue soccer uniform and shoved his backpack in the locker.

Outside in the field, his P.E. class was doing stretches. Mr. Lee, or Fishy (he actually made the nickname for himself), was giving a speech about having to warm up before exercising.

“Hey, Baek. Did something come up this morning?” his friend Kai asked when he joined the class.

Baekhyun shook his head.

Mr. Lee wrapped up his speech by clapping his hands together. He glanced at the brunette on the grass and said, “Baekhyun?”

“Yes, Mr. Lee?” the teen stopped talking to Kai and obediently faced him.

“We can’t deserve to be late anymore, you know the match against TS High is next week and the team’s busy practicing. I’m sorry to say this, but I’m a bit disappointed in you,” Mr. Lee frowned.

Everyone had their eyes on Baekhyun as he flustered. “Mr. Lee, I—“

“Mr. Lee, I made Baekhyun practice with me late at night so he must’ve been tired, I’m sorry,” Luhan bowed apologetically.

The coach chuckled. “Really? I see, then I won’t be marking you late Baekhyun, since you’re working hard.”

The class smiled at him encouragingly while he blinked of confusion.

“Okay, guys! Run a lap around the field and we’ll play dodge ball!” Mr. Lee blew his whistle and everyone started getting up.

Luhan winked at the brunette before he ran, leaving him flabbergasted.

     “Uh, Yeol…” Baekhyun tapped his friend’s shoulder as they were walking out of the school’s music department. “I can’t go home with you today, sorry.”

Chanyeol was about to unlock his car and he looked at him questioningly. “Why?”

“I…have plans,” the shorter coughed to cover up his nervousness. He just remembered that he was supposed to hang out with Luhan after school. Which was now. ‘Oh crap!’

The tall guy narrowed his eyes but still nodded, getting into his car and driving off. Baekhyun waved, even though he knew his friend was too far to see it.

 


    “So where’s Baekhyun?” Xiumin asked.

The two teenagers were relaxing in a table at a cozy corner of EXO. Luhan looked around while he sipped his coconut flavored bubble tea. He thought about giving him a call until he spotted a familiar brunette weaving through a small crowd. He saw them and waved like a child who had found their mother.

“There he is,” whispered Luhan. He almost fell out of seat when he saw him wearing a Donald Duck shirt, his favorite Disney character. ‘Baek just gets cuter and cuter.’ He thought to himself.

“Ah hyung, I’m sorry if I made you wait. Oh Xiumin hyung, hello,” Baekhyun breathed heavily as he slumped his bag on the ground and sat down across from them.

Luhan smiled while his chubby cheeked friend beside him gasped. “Baekhyun!!!”

Xiumin leaned over the table to give him a hug. “Wow so you’re the Baekhyun in Luhan’s phone! Heyy, I’ve never noticed until now that I see you up close, you’re so cute. Like a puppy!”

Baekhyun blushed and looked down. Luhan gave Xiumin a look and the other stuck out his tongue.

‘Xiumin, you little piece of—‘

“Luhan?” the brunette interrupted his thoughts. The blonde nodded for him to continue. “Um, about yesterday.”

Luhan perked up and rested his hand on Baekhyun’s. The younger’s face turned pink. Baekhyun didn’t know whether to take his hand away or not but in the end he stayed put.

“What about it?” Luhan softly asked.

He wanted to kiss the adorable guy across from him right in the lips when he saw Baekhyun stuttering.

“U-um…I-You-“

Xiumin wiggled his eyebrows. “Are you trying to say I love you to him?”

Baekhyun widened his eyes, frantically waving his hands around. Luhan laughed hard as he clutched onto his stomach. Xiumin excused himself to go to the bathroom, giving a thumbs up to Luhan behind Baekhyun’s back.

“I like you, Baekhyun,” Luhan stated, leaning closer and closer to him.

“Hyung—“

Like the speed of light, the blonde pecked him on the cheek and said with a small smirk, “I’m going to treat you well, don’t worry.”

 


Hello and thanks to people who subscribed and commented! :D

Did anyone notice that Donghae is their coach? :P lol

Here's the theme song for this fic: http://youtu.be/dDaJL5EHOOk   (chorus is the main part xD at 1:12)

I love Running Man and the song always came on for Joongki and I knew it was perfect for this fic, because there's two pretty boys here! :3 

gif: tumblr