- Unexpected

Cupcakes

“Hey, pass it to me, pass it to me!” Chanyeol stuck his car keys into his pocket and rubbed his hands together.

Baekhyun shook his head as his grip on the dessert platter tightened. “These are for my homeroom teacher.” He stopped walking and turned to face his tall friend. “Isn’t it weird to play catch with a cupcake? It’s gonna drop anyways.”

“Aw, Baek! You just have to ruin a child’s dream,” Chanyeol joked, and they continued to walk down the hallway.

They finally reached his destination, but there was no sign of his teacher.

“Ms. Kim?” called Baekhyun. He laid his cupcakes on her desk as he searched the room.

“Hah, she’s probably gone now. Why are you giving her these by the way? Perhaps you have a crush? ~” Chanyeol poked him.

Baekhyun slapped his hand away and said, “No, dummy. Kyungsoo made some and there were some extras so it’ll be nice if I give it to my favorite teach—Hey! What are you doing?!”

The taller was leaning back on a desk while he frosting off his finger. “Mmm! Your cousin should be a baker!”

“You’re so stubborn!” the angry teen took a cupcake from the plate and raised his arm, ready to throw it. “You want me to pass it to you? Okay I will, huh!”

“Come on, Bacon. I just wanted a taste!” Chanyeol held up his hands, surrendering. “Don’t throw it, Baek. Don’t—ow!”

Chanyeol had ducked the flying cupcake and bumped his head on the desk. A few papers scattered around and he rubbed his head.

Meanwhile, Baekhyun froze. The vanilla frosting was splattered all over a familiar face. He cringed as his soccer team’s captain sighed furiously.

“Oh , Luhan, I’m so sorry!” Baekhyun went over to the victim and bowed.

Luhan brought out a napkin from his blazer and wiped off the frosting off his face. After a million times of the other apologizing, the blonde finally looked at him. His annoyed expression immediately turned calm, and he smiled. “It’s alright, Baekhyun.”

“No, no, no! I didn’t mean to throw the cupcake at you. I swear. Let me repay you, hyung,” Baekhyun said, biting his bottom lip.

Luhan stared at him and slowly took out his phone. “Give me your number then.”

The brunette hesitated at first but told him his number. Luhan grinned widely after he added him as a contact.

“I’ll call you later,” said the older, giving a small wave before leaving the room.

 


     “Luhan, who’s Baekhyun? Is he the one that’s in our soccer team?” Xiumin chewed on a piece of barbeque.

“Hey, why are you looking through my phone?” Luhan snatched his Galaxy S4 from his friend’s hand.

Xiumin rolled his eyes. “I always take selcas on your phone, bro. I just accidentally pressed on your contacts and I saw a Baekhyun in there.”

“Be quiet and eat, Baozi,” the blonde picked up his chopsticks and shoved a chunk of beef into the other’s mouth.

Xiumin coughed as he tried to break down the meat in his mouth. He pointed a finger at him accusingly. “Don’t kill me when I’m still single, meanie.”

Luhan snorted and continued to eat. ‘I wonder what Baekhyun is doing?’ he pondered.

“So,” Xiumin gulped down his soda. “Is Baekhyun your boyfriend? Describe him to me.”

“He’s not my boyfriend. Although that would be fun,” Luhan spoke and there was a mischievous sparkle in his eye.

Xiumin chortled, “Don’t the kid, Lulu.”

“I don’t know, Baozi. You know me, I can’t control myself over cute things.”

“That sounds erted and funny at the same time. You know when I first met you, I thought you were younger and innocent but I assumed wrong. You are really a…pedo hyung?”

Luhan made a face as he laughed. “Shutup, I’ll show you him tomorrow.”


     “I lost my mind, the moment I saw you. Except you, everything get in slow mo—“

“Baekhyun stop singing in the shower and come down for dinner!” his aunt’s loud voice rang from downstairs.

He sighed as he turned off the water and dried himself with his towel. He slipped on a t-shirt and basketball shorts and trudged down the stairs. Little did he know that his phone was ringing the whole time.

“Hello auntie, thanks for ruining my concert,” Baekhyun jokingly said as he plopped down the seat.

“Baekkie, you have an amazing voice but dinner’s ready,” his aunt teased back as she hung her apron. “Kyungsoo! Is the kimchi ready?”

His cousin came out from the kitchen, holding up a big plate of steaming kimchi with a big grin on his face. “Yep!”

“Wahh, what could’ve we done without you, Kyung,” Baekhyun his lips at the feast in front of him.

“Hey, at least my mom cleans the house, you barely do anything,” Kyungsoo smirked.

Baekhyun pinched the other’s arm and his cousin’s eyes widened. The brunette cackled until Kyungsoo flicked his forehead. “Hey!”

“Stop fighting before I eat all the food,” his plump aunt snickered.

After half an hour, Baekhyun slowly walked into his room. “Ahh I’m so full.”

Ring ring ring!

He grabbed his phone from his nightstand and checked who was calling him. It was an unknown number. He clicked back to his call log and saw that the person had called him 5 times already.

“Hello?” Baekhyun said.

He heard someone sigh happily. “Baekhyun, it’s Luhan.”

“Oh! Hello, hyung. What do you need?” answered Baekhyun nervously. He didn’t know why he was feeling all tensed up now, maybe it was because he was afraid that the other was still mad? ‘Yes, that could be it.’

“Nothing, really,” Luhan laughed in a nice manner that made Baekhyun gulp. “I’m just bored now.”

“Ah really?” the brunette mentally smacked himself for the stupid response.

“Yes, really,” said Luhan with a hint of teasing in his voice.

Baekhyun had no clue what to say next, resulting in him awkwardly standing in the middle of his room with his phone in his ear.

“Hey, Baekhyun?” Luhan finally broke the silence.

“Yes?”

“Let’s hang out together after school tomorrow?”

“W-what?” Baekhyun cleared his throat and answered more correctly a ‘Sure’.

“Okay. Baekhyun, we’ll be great together.”

“Huh?”

Luhan laughed warmly and said, ”Let’s date.”