Chapter 2

Follow my Lead

So here's the next chapter! I was gonna start writting this earlier to post for you before, but my damn laptop decided to break and all that... and it's difficult on mobile xD Now, without wasting any more of your time, here's my distraction from the kcon depression-I mean the next chapter from this story^^ Hope you enjoy~ and working on making it a bit longer than my last chapter .-.

---

"Would you stop laughing at me?"

Kris was irritated with his eyebrows furrowed at the sight in front of him. You had been laughing non stop since he approached you after class. Whenever it seemed like your laughter had died down you would glance over at him and start laughing all over again. Were you ever going to stop?

"Are you done yet?" Kris growled and you threw your head back, falling completely to lean on your side on the table you were sitting at. People were now starting to stare at you guys. Great way to draw attention to yourself. You tried to stop your laughter, finally starting to calm down with a long sigh. You looked down to gather your thoughts before sitting up straight and focusing with a more serious face.

"Okay, so tell me again.... you want me to what?"

"Be my girlfriend."

"Because?"

"I need to get somebody off my back."

"And that somebody is?"

Kris stayed quiet for longer than you'd like after the one lined answers. It was obvious that he was embarrassed or awkward about it. Him. Awkward. Embarrassed. For once. Who would have thought? He usually seemed so together all the time. You bit on the insides of your lips, trying to stiffle a small chuckle.

"Don't you dare start laughing again," he glared with a threat.

"Okay! Okay! I'm serious here," you said waving your hands in defense at him. Your arms came down to rest on the table in front of you, listening closely to what he was talking about. "So, you think our psychology teacher has a crush on you?" Kris didn't answer, but looked down with a slight movement that looked like a nod. You took that as a yes and continued, "What makes you think that?"

"It's kinda a long story, but started about two weeks ago."

-flashback! /insert after school's voice here/-

"Kris, can I talk to you for a moment?" Kris turned his head to see your teacher sitting at her desk as the rest of the students walked out of the classroom. "Sure, what is it Ms Nam?"

He stood in front of the desk as she leaned over onto her elbows. The older woman looked sincerly, "Are you okay today? You seemed bothered in class and not too focused on the lesson. Are things alright with you?"

"Wait, what does that have to do with anything? It's normal for somebody to be a bit concerned; she's a teacher, not a robot." You interrupted. Kris groaned and shook his head.

"You don't get it do you? It wasn't what she said, it's how she said it."

"Don't read too much into it; not everybody who shows they care wants to get into your pants," you said with a low sigh.

"Look, can't you just believe me?" Kris took one of your hands into both of his, holding it up to his chest. "I really think there's something going on here... and I don't want there to be." At first you were startled but looked up at his eyes, seeing how serious he was. His eyes showed worry, and even a bit of fear. If there was a problem like that.... it would be scarey. Your hand curled a bit to fit into one of his with your fingers lacing together.

You remembered the story of the school years before you both entered. There was a huge mess with a teacher and student relationship. It was a young teacher, just like Ms Nam, with a senior, at Kris's age. Although it was a male teacher and a young lady student. Those two were in love, and when they had a relationship, she was taken out of his class. Once she graduated, they got married. Sure, it sounds like it should have been okay since love is love.... but remembering how much hurt and struggle the family had to go through... You didn't want that for Kris. Not your best friend, not just because it's hard to go through.... but he was yours; you wanted him to never be taken away, even by something as small as that.

"Okay," you said in a low voice. Kris's eyes grew slightly at your answer and let you continue. "I'll help you."

You looked up and saw Kris's eyes light up and a smile grow across his lips. That gummy smile and sparkle in his eyes always seemed to make you do the same. You gave him a warm smile, shaking your hands together with his as a small chuckle escaped your lips. "Let's give them an act of a lifetime. Just tell me what to do!"

Kris returned the playful shake of your hands. "Don't back out on me; I really need you this time."

Just when he said that, you opened your eyes from the contact between you two. You realized that you were still holding hands with him.... not just holding his hand, but enjoying it... skinship with your friend, but not the one that just went away like usual... it stayed and lingered... you almost didn't want to let go of his hand. Was it awkward? Kris's eyes locked onto yours and realized the same thing. Just as it was about to get awkward, he tried to open his mouth to say something, only to be cut off by the sound of the bell ringing. Saved by the bell once again.

Both of you let go of each other, sitting up and straightening your posture. You fixed the last lock of your hair off your shoulder and he cleared his throat to get rid of the last of the awkward encounter.

"So, class?"

"Right." You nodded at Kris before walking away. Once a few steps came between the two of you, you felt Kris take a hold of your arm.

"Hold on a second." You turned back and looked at him only to be stopped by his hand reaching over to yours.

"Cling onto my hand." Kris said once you looked at him questioningly. He rolled his eyes and laced your fingers together to make you hold onto his hand the right way. "We're supposed to be a couple, remember? She could see right now."

'Oh... that's right.' You just smiled at the thought to yourself and started to walk with him while his hand held you close to his side. "Where's your class again?"

"Don't worry about that; I'm walking you to class, like a boyfriend should," Kris said, rubbing the back of his head.

"Right... you're the best fake boyfriend anybody could ever ask for," you laughed jokingly toward him, clinging onto his arm and pushing your weight onto hip. It was worth it since he's making you play along with this act to begin with.

"Right," he replied with a chuckle, "I am pretty good, aren't I?"

----

There ya go~ I hope that you guys enjoyed this chapter^^ Make sure to leave a comment if you did and whatnot^^ Now I'm gonna go see if I can get a couple of my tumblr friends to join a tinychat with me. Yeah, I guess I'm a web-camera xD anyway! Thanks for bearing with me while I put this chapter for you~