Chapter 3

Follow my Lead

Here's the next chapter! I'm doing my best to make it longer than the others ;; Bear with me! I'll get it!

--

Kris walked with you to your class with his arm slung around your shoulders. He seemed to have let go of your hand on the way there, but still refused to stop skin-ship completely with you. Why couldn’t he just hold your hand like he was before? Maybe something just stirred in him that made him more comfortable with his arm around you; you were closer to his body that way.

 

“Okay, here’s my stop,” you said with you peaked your head over to see the classroom to the side of you. Kris looked the same direction as you and saw the classroom. He read the numbers and yep, that sure was your classroom.

 

“Guess I should let you go now.” Kris sighed and gave you another goodbye hug. Your body was pressed firm against his as he leaned down low enough to rest his chin on your shoulder. You smiled, enjoying the hug; it was hugs like these he would give you on a daily bases.

 

“Get to class now before you’re late,” you said pushing a finger to his chest with a small chuckle. Instead of agreeing with you and walking away, Kris just stayed staring at you. His hands were still secure on your waist.

 

His eyes didn’t really give any emotion, so you had nothing left to do except just stare at him. Right when you were going to question what he was doing, he leaned his face in toward yours. Instinctively, you closed your eyes and felt his face inch closer to yours. Kris’s lips brushed against your cheek and he pulled back to flash you his friendly smile.

 

“I’ll see you,” he said and waved slightly while walking away to his class.

 

‘That was different… what was that? Eh. I wont think too much about it,’ you shrugged it off with the rest of your thoughts and walked into the classroom.

 

“What was that?” was the first voice you heard.

--

Kris walked into his next class right as the late bell rang. It was a suddenly hushed class. That was unusual. Most of his friends were in this class and them talking was usually the loudest thing in the world. At least in this classroom… with a chucked eyebrow, Kris turned his head and saw that his friends were huddled in a small circle, rearranging the desks so they were able to lean in to talk in a hushed voice.

 

‘That’s weird.’ Kris made his way toward the huddle and dropped his school bag down in the empty seat next to him and straddled the other chair to face his friends. He placed his elbows onto one of the desks in front of him and raised his eyebrow at the other five. “What’s going on?”

 

“Isn’t that what we should be asking you?” Chen spoke up, copying the same stance as the taller.

 

“What are you talking about?”

 

“____?” Xiumin asked with a small raise at the end of his voice, sliding his head down to his hands while copying the other’s posture in his own cute way.

 

“What about her?” Kris stuttered, moving away from the other boy while Chen did the same thing, moving away from his body shifting down to the desk. Xiumin let out a small ‘hoof,’ sound as his face slid from his hands to land with a small plop against the surface of the desk. The others around them let out small soft laughs while Luhan patted his shoulder. Xiumin sat up with a pout of his lips; slightly mad they just let him fall.

 

“I...,” Lay started looking to the side for more thoughts, “don’t remember you guys dating. How long?”

 

Kris’s eyes grew slightly and quickly cut off Lay as he started counting on his fingers trying to recall the moments there were couple like with you two. “It’s not like that. We’re not together!”

 

“Then why were you holding her hand?” Suddenly there was just a mush of questions asked by all five of the others.

 

“How long have you liked her?”

 

“Did you always like her?”

 

“Why didn’t you say so before?”

 

“I knew there was something! Why now?”
 

“Is this why you always rejected whoever liked you before?”

 

“Oh! I know! You’ve liked her since middle school, didn’t you?”

 

“That’s right! I heard they were long term crushes and finally got together!”
 

“They’re that popular already?!”

 

“How does it feel to be the power couple of our class?”

 

“Enough!” Kris couldn’t help but shout, causing the others to shut their mouths with their eyes widened.

 

“Okay,” Kris tried to start again, this time a little calmer. “Here’s the story, but you’re telling people what you heard. Got it?”

 

The other five at each other and agreed with a silent nod before leaning in to listen to his hushed whispers in the classroom.

 

--

 

You looked over to see your best friend staring at you with an amused smile.

 

“When were you gonna tell me you were dating Kris? I don’t recall you ever confessing to him.”

 

“Yah! Joonhee! Don’t talk about that so loudly,” you warned with a small glare, which earned a small laugh from the other.

 

“I’m not really complaining saying it’s a bad thing. I’m just happy you’re finally with him.”

 

“That’s the thing…” you started looking down. You knew you had to tell her; you can never keep secrets since she could always see right through them.

 

“Okay, tell me everything!” Joonhee said with a wide grin on her face.

 

---

 

“So that’s it huh?” You simply nodded as you doodled random things in your notebook, not bothering to look up at her.

 

“So he asks you to be his fake girlfriend hm… what does it feel like to be a call girl?”

 

“What?” you eyes suddenly widened and your hand stopped its movements.

 

“You know his other ‘fan girls,’ you know the ones that liked him, are you gonna kill you right?”

 

“Huh?”

 

“Oh wait. If you’re dead, you’re pretty much a hooker; it’s okay to call them a hooker once they’re dead.”

 

“What?” You sat up and slammed your hand down on the desk between you two.

 

“Lesson learned from Archer.” You groaned and just planted your face onto your desk, covered by your arms. “I’m just kidding you know,” Joonhee smiled weakly, rubbing your back with one of her hands.

 

“That’s not really what we should be focusing on…”

 

“I know, I know,” she sighed and sat up straight, taking one of your hands in hers. “Now tell me. How do you think you’re gonna react to this? Do you think it’ll be okay?”

 

“What are you talking about?”

 

“Well, your whole ‘getting attached to the wrong people’ might come into play, or your friendship might be all weird once it’s over.”

 

“…I didn’t think about that.”

 

“I know you did, don’t lie.”

 

Ugh. Why does she already know everything?

--

Okay! So that was it! It's past midnight here now so I gotta get to bed! I gotta head to the college and get things set up since school starts in a couple weeks ;; Hope you liked it!