the one for me

When The Stars Burn Out

thanks for your last comments!

Italic = flashback

Yuri's POV


 

Do you believe that out there in this universe there's not just only one person for you but many?

 

You will love this person and if it doesn't work out there will always be another one out there for you?

 

Aunt Hyoyeon said, “if this person doesn't love you, there are a lot more that will love you” to the 10 years old, who was curious of love after a boy gave her a heart chocolate on Valentine day then she found out he also gave chocolate to other girls as well.

 

Aunt Hyoyeon was a person who doesn't believed in soul-mate, but as lovely as she is and who always makes me happy on the sadder days.

 

I refused to believe her because I know for sure that Jessica is my soul-mate the second I laid my eyes on her.

 

I don't want anybody but her. The one I've already given my heart to her, and I will not believe in that rubbish.

 

I will only give my heart to the one I love; Jessica Jung.

 

Hi Yuri,” Tiffany whispered as I took a seat next to her.

 

Hi,” I replied in a low voice.

 

Tiffany, the infamous cheer leaders who hang out with the most prestigious social groups in the school, and which whom happened to hang out with the lovely Jessica Jung.

 

Beside me sat my friend Sooyoung, “I think she's interested in you,” she whispered in my ears.

 

I smiled and brush off that idea.

 

Why would Tiffany be interested in me of all people? I don't exactly live up that my title.

 

Isn't she dating someone?” I asked.

 

Well, the girl can have options you know?”

 

I don't like people like that. I hate cheater and even though Tiffany wasn't exactly cheating, she have the intention to if what Sooyoung said was true.

 

Though Hate is a strong word, I have no hesitation to say it and mean it to a cheater or someone with that intention.

 

I looked at the open window, there stood my mother. She looks lovely in that sundress in a Sunday afternoon fixing the garden ; the thing I know she loved to do the most.

 

I stood there and watched her, she was someone who's elegant and gentle in her nature. I admired her, and have always wanted to be like her when I grow up.

 

That beautiful image crashed down when an unknown man walked into the scene. I remembered that beautiful lady breaks into her beautiful and graceful smile as she embraced him with two of her hands.

 

The gesture was not like what friends would do, friends don’t kissed in the lips passionately like that.

 

I was in deep thought when Tiffany interrupted me, “can you help me with this question?”

 

To be honest, I wasn't exactly listening to the lesson much less know how to answer that question any better than Tiffany do.

 

I look at the question with a blank mind. Though I don't how to answer it, I still pretend that I know how to because I'm afraid of disappointing anybody.

 

The thought of people disappointed in me, I just couldn't handle it.

 

I scratched my head and erased the answer I worked on– it's wrong. I looked at Tiffany who is supposed to be beside me now no longer is.

 

I dropped my pencil and return place the unfinished paper on her desk, then I continued to do my work.

 

I put own my earphone on and ignored every single one of the people in this dead-air room.

 

I don't like people, I find it hard to always be pretend to pleased them, to make love you even though you have no intention of loving and wanting to pleased them.

 

But that is how life is or at least my life is.

 

I grew up surround by a bunch of pretentious morons who always tried to kiss my and my family's.

 

Sooyoung,” I poked her shoulder

 

How do you do this question?”

 

Sooyoung was someone I could depend on, someone I know who will always be there for me it's just that I can't sometime do the same for her.

 

She explained the question for me and re-copied the answer that I did and placed the new paper with the answer on Tiffany's desk.

 

I don't know why I did it, but I feel obligated to do it since I accepted to help her.

 

I know that Tiffany wasn't somebody I should get close with but I she knows Jessica and heck she's Jessica's best-friend.

 

The girl who dreamed, obsessed over and love. I just could get on her best-friend's bad side if I want to at least have Jessica's attention.

 

I sighed.

 

I closed my book and put my head on the desk waiting for the day to end.

 

 

- - -

 

Aunty I can't”

 

You'll have to!” she yelled over the phone.

 

Good God, what did I get myself into? It was Friday afternoon and I would have my work-shift after school and now I'm stuck with an apologetic aunty, who is worried over nothing.

 

I'm fine, don't worry about it” I assured her.

 

So, apparently she forgot to invite me to her son's birthday party. Big deal.

 

Now I love her to death, but I only love her and no one else. Not when her entire family in-laws is an pretentious kisser.

 

Francis said sorry,”

 

I'm fine, next time I'll visit you”

 

Did you here that? Next time she will visit!” she yelled, “ Ok, stay safe honey”

 

I love you”

 

Aunty Hyoyeon is not stupid, she knows how her in-laws family are like and I have to thanked her for being 'forgetful' some time.

 

I missed her for a very long time and I've been wanting to talk to her and to let this feeling that I've bottled up for a very long time out.

 

But not any time soon when her in-laws are like animal waiting to be feed with attentions.

 

Frame and wealth. Everybody loves it.

 

Lunched ended and here I was in Math class sitting beside Jessica. Inside I was trumped with happiness but on the outside I keep calm as possible.

 

Hell, I'm actually breaking inside and if she was going to ask me something I would stutter and make a fool out of myself.

 

The seating arrangement was set up into a small group of five people. I was sitting next to Jessica, who sat beside some girl that is her friend. The other two sitting in front of me and Jessica are my friends.

 

The teacher finished teaching the lesson and then our group strayed away from the actual topic and started to talk about swimming.

 

Apparently, it's something that came in a topic of math; function.

 

I don't know how to swim,” Sooyoung said then laughed as soon as she looked at me.

 

I started to laugh too, we sort of understand each other through an eyes glance.

 

Why are you guys laughing?” Jessica said in her petty voice.

 

She sounds so sweet for words.

 

What's going on?” she asked.

 

Nothing,” I replied calmly though I feel extremely happy inside.

 

Did she knows she have this affect on me?

 

Then Jessica started to laugh along with us.

 

I don't know why she laughed because she certainly doesn't know what Sooyoung and I speak to each each other through our single eye glance.

 

Maybe she didn't really laughed because of Sooyoung and I, maybe she laughed at someone else her friend told her.

 

But I believe she laughed because of Sooyoung and I, that makes me happy. At least there's a hope that I somehow make the person I love happy.

Was love too earlier to speak?

 

Jessica and I are not even friend, acquaintance to be exactly and sometime we don't even have the best relationship as an acquaintance either.

 

Sometime we are hot and cold to each other. 

 

 


cheer for yulsic interaction :) did you like it? lol