Chapter 3 - The next day

My road to homo ...

Byunghun stood up furiously and glared down at Niel with piercing eyes and questioned, “So, how do I look?” Niel started sweat to through his teeth, but he still answered, “Nice.” Byunghun walk towards him and smacked the boy’s head asking, “Is it funny?”

“My my! Calm down Byunghunnie. It’s just a misunderstanding. Right?” shouted his mother in an attempt to calm the situation. “Oh! But Niel said Byunghun used to be his upper-class in this college. Isn’t that right?” asked Niel’s mom in confusion.

Byunghun angrily looked down at Niel and thought, “What is this? I know this kid? If he knew me, he would have known I am a boy too right? Was he mocking me? Ahhh… pissing me off. You dare to look down on me?”

“Oh my! It can’t be helped. Our byunghun is has small built people often mistake his for a girl.” explained Byunghun’s mother awkwardly.

“That’s right! My small built … which made me quite un-socialised. Back then, when I was in US, people often though I was a girl causing me to get confessions from all sorts of guys. Gross! My existence was an unpleasant sight to girls. Even the girl I had crush on, told me I was an eyesore. Ah … pissing me off again.” Byunghun thought to himself. “Get out!” he said in lower voice. “I said get out!” he shouted

During the awkward silence, Niel’s dad quickly got up and apologized for their mistake. “Accept my humble apology. We mistook you for someone else.” He said as he bowed down.

“No no! We are sorry too. We thought this relation was with your daughter.” said his mother brushing the tension off with an awkward laugh. Byunghun left the room as there was no point in staying. He rushed back to his room and lay on his bed. He took a deep breath and feel into deep slumber for the night.

He got up and brushed his teeth. “Let’s see what I shall wear today?” he thought to himself as he started to search in his closest. He chooses sleeveless white vest, black cargo jeans short and a snapback so he could give male vibe. 

As he was busy changing his clothes, his mother called him to see if he is awake, “Byunghunnie!? Byunghunnie!? Are you awake?” called his mother from downstairs. Rebellious byunghun didn’t answer his mother even after hearing his mother call him twice. After 20 minutes he went downstairs.

“Oh? Did you sleep well? Wait I will prepare something to eat for you. You didn’t even have a proper dinner last night.” said his mother while byunghun was busy flipping through the channel to see if there is any show that matched his preferences.

. “Are you still angry about what happen yesterday?” asked his mother in low tone. “Can’t hear you!” replied byunghun. His mother quickly dried her hand with towel and came towards him saying, “See I didn’t know what’s going on too. Mum will never arrange your marriage ever again, okay? You live your life how you want to, alright?” she kneeled down and leaned towards Byunghun. He sighed and said, “I am not angry at you mum, but keep your promise.” He hugged her and whispered, “I ran out of money.” His mom jump out of byunghun’s arm and said, “Again? 3 days ago I transferred £100 in your bank. Where is it? You’re spending too much. What are you spending it on?” “Well! This and that…” he replied. “Give me detail of your ‘this and that’.” His mother scolded. Faint smell of burning came wafting towards them and his mother quickly went back to check her stove. “Phew! That was close” murmured byunghun.

After having breakfast, he usually went downtown. However, as his mother refuse to give him more pocket money he wandered off the street. In the street, amongst the thousands of unfamiliar face he saw a familiar but annoying baby face.