Chapter 2 - Confusion

My road to homo ...

“Marriage?” said Byunghun in confusion. “Whose marriage?” he asked again, looking as shock as his mother who thought knew about this marriage. “Oh my! What are you saying? It’s your marriage. Don’t look so shocked.” said his mother in an awkward attempt at trying to clear out the tense atmosphere.

Byunghun looked down nervously to analysis the situation. “No way, no way. What was I thinking? No sign of any girl doesn’t mean they aren’t here for match making. Their daughter must be hiding somewhere in their house. This is bad, real bad. I need to get out” he thought to himself

The guest aunt asked Byunghun, “Oh my! Are you unhappy with this relation?” Byunghun look at her and said,” You see… I am just 20 and I don’t even have a job. I am not capable to make anyone happy.” “Is that all your worried about? Then you got nothing to worry over. We will take care of you.” The guest aunt’s husband added humbly.

He hesitated but smiled while he tried to avoid their concerned eyes, than his eyes aligned with the eyes of the boy who had the swollen lips. His cheeks flushed with a hint of red as he tried to avoid Byunghun’s eyes by fixing his hair and looking at different directions. “He must be pretty embarrassed because of parent’s behaviours. They can’t see that I don’t want this relation. Ahhh! No matter how hard they try I am going to reject anyway. For now, I will just to go toilet and come up with the plan to perfectly end this chapter.”

He stood up and asked, “Mind if I go to restroom.” “Sure! Sure!” said the guest uncle. As he went out of the room, he heard giggles. “He is just too shy” his mom explained.

“Shy? Who’s shy here? ... Anyway, how do I peaceful end this relation? Just how?” He thought while doing his business. “I will just say I already got a girlfriend. This might be a simplest excuse.” He then went back to lounge.

As he was walking toward his chair, he looked at the kid with swollen lips. He looked very uncomfortable and grew even redder than before. “Are you sick? I think you have fever.” Byunghun subconsciously ask the other guy. He looked at him with his bright red face and said, “No! I am fine.”

“Oi, oi don’t look at me like that it’s really creeps me out.” Byunghun said while looking at the boy who was constantly trying not to look directly at his face.

“Oh! Are you alright Niel?” asked his mom. “Yes! I am alright. I was just … It’s hot, isn’t it aunt Hyeri?” said the boy cheerfully. “Ah, he talks” subconsciously slipped Byunghun’s tongue. “Yes, it is Niel dear. It’s almost summer so, it’s definitely going to be hotter.”

Niel’s mom brightly pointed, “That’s so sweet of you to be worried about my son. That’s a step closer to be his wife. What do you have to say on this, hyeri?” “Oh my! Your joke hasn’t gone old. My byunghun is a boy. You know.” Replied his mom with bright face. “Is that so? Then who is ma…” before Niel’s mom could complete sentence, Niel interrupted saying, “Football match!” everyone looked at him as he continued, “… is about to start.”

“Ah! I almost forgot about that. I wanted to watch this match.” Replied byunghun happily. Niel’s dad commented, “I though only guys watch football.” Byunghun quickly replied, “No. I have seen women playing football at US.” In confusion, Niel’s dad questioned Byunghun, “Do you play football?” byunghun looked at him and replied, “Yes! I do. I am a boy too.” That answer wasn’t what Niel’s dad expected and as the result, he froze.

 Byunghun thought, “What’s up with that face? Wasn’t he the one who said only boys watch football? So what is wrong with my answer?”

Niel’s mom broke his though saying, “Did you just say you are a boy? … But Niel said you’re a girl. Right Niel?” suspiciously asked Niel while looking at both him and Byunghun.

Niel looked even more suspicious as he was deliberately trying to cover as his mother spoke.