Chapter 1 - in this world, the word i hate the most is marriage

My road to homo ...

My name is lee byunghun, 20 years old and unemployment. That's because i am not very socialised. Well! I used to be until i was 12. Everything changed after I when to US: it's been 3 years since I came back from US, but still haven't changed at all. Well! currently I'm heading home after taking my dogs out.

He opened the main Iron Gate and walked inside sighing. As he opened the front door of the house, chit chatting sound from the lounge got into his ear.

“Argh!! Guest?” When he was about to change his shoe, he noticed 3 extra shoes lying on the porch. His dogs started to bark as he sensed unfamiliar people inside the house. “Ahh! Looks like he's back”. He heard his mom said that from distance. “byunghunnie, byunghunnie”. The distanced voice started to come closer every time his mom called his name.

“You’re back” said his mom, he nodded and climbed the stairs. “Wash yourself up, we got guest for you.” He stopped and though who could it be, looking at him mom. Seeing his mom grinning from one ear to another, he replied ,”Okay” after a long pause and went inside his room.

He took a bath with his dog, changed his clothes and when down stairs. He entered the lounge and bowed his guest. Guest looked little surprise as he entered the room.

“Father, mother and their son.” He though “I see. No problem”. “You’re here” said his mother. “I think I have seen this kid before. Especially his lips … where was it?” this question was going around him head.

“They are here to look at you.” Said his mom. “Byunghunnie?” called his mom in worried voice. “Are you alright?”

 “May have seen in US. It’s not common to have swollen lips in here at Korea” he was still thinking about that kids lip. As he looked as his mother he came back to reality. “Ah, I am alright” he said and sat on a chair.

“That kid is a boy so there is no problem. It’s not a marriage meeting. In this world, the word I hate the most is ‘Marriage’. On top of that I am not in my age to marry yet. Ahh.. I was just worried on my own”. He thought and was relief. “Phew!” he looked at his guest and gave heart-warming smile.

Smiling back kindly mother of that kid said, “Young people dress so differently now a days right! ...Comparing to our generation. Girls used to wear skirt and boys used to wear pant, right?” “Yup I agree with that! I used to wear skirt too” added byunghun’s mom.

“Huh!? How did the conversation lead to young people’s clothing? Am I wearing something different?” byunghun though and slightly tilted his head to look at his clothing. “No I am just wearing plain full sleeve white shirt and blue jeans”. He then looked at his guest and smiled.

“Well! It’s fine as long as they look good on it” laughingly said the uncle quest who was looking at him.

“What is this? Were they talking about me? Their son is wearing jeans and a shirt too. What are they trying to pull?” clueless byunghun goes deep into his though.

His mother broke awkward silence saying, “Oh my! Even though my byunghunnie looks like this he is still strong and fit for this marriage.”