o2

Reincarnations

 

 

 


"Why aren't you eating your breakfast?" Wohee grew irked at Woohyun's strange behaviour from the start of the morning. He had woken up at dawn this m0rning and actually had suggested that he attended school to make up for the last few weeks of school he had left. Woohee knew something was not going smooth, because she knew of Woohyun's cynical plot to graduate from high school with the excuse that he was in a deathly accident and that he needed recovery time which would probably be the rest of his twenties.

  But No.

It was the first time Woohee had seen Woohyun's neck tie tight and in place, and his shirt actually ironed. also the way he wasn't complaining about the burnt crust on his toast was somehow mesmerising, because Woohyun was a man of many tastes. Lifelessly, Woohyun spread the philadelphia cream on his toast and crammed it inside his full cheeks. his eyes were fixed to the mug filled with Woohee's orange juice.

  "Nam Woohyun." Seeing this, she lifter the orange juice and drank it, just to wake Woohyun. he clicked into reality, choking at the heavy amount of food inside his mouth. Woohee watched as he gulped it down with his drink, and so getting the liquid stuck in his nostrils and ending up spitting the entire amount of food on top of his silver plateware. he sighed, running his fingers through his hair. Woohee had no ambition to yell at him, as she knew something was terribly wrong, she just knew.

  "What's wrong with you? You're acting like.. Luhan." Woohyun's eyes shot up, checking his surroundings in surprise. that name, that name. just that five letters he never wished he saw again. "Stop it.. STOP IT!" He screamed, hitting the juice jar as it crashed onto the floor making full compact of a  crash. "WOOHYUN! You're seriously scaring me! What is wrong with you?!" "I saw him noona.. i'm scared.. you have to save me.." "Saw who Woohyun?! You have to tell me." "He told me he was going to come back for me.." his voice shuddered in the deep crepescule of fear. "Who?!"

   "Luhan..." Woohyun trailed off. he felt Woohee's grip loosening from his arms, off to the table to support himself up. "Are you joking me Woohyun? Are you really toying with me?! GODDAMIT WOOHYUN! You and me," She motioned frantically over and over. "We're the only ones who truly know what really happened. if the truth happens to leak,do you know what's going to happen to the both of us?! We're going to be behind the poles eating Bean rice for the rest of OUR LIVES!" *In Korea, when you go to Prison, they give you black bean rice [Which tastes real bad.]        She sighed, supporting Woohyun up.

  She caressed his cheeks and looked into his eyes. "Woohyun. If you keep quiet about what really happened, We're forever safe. they said that the case is going to close soon. Until then, we just have to endure it a bit more. You can't change the past, Hyunnie. You can do that right little brother? It's just a few more weeks of school before you graduate.. and then your adulthood starts Woohyun..  It's the audacious twenties you've been waiting for.. don't let this ruin your entire life.."

  "There's someone else who knows.."

Woohee's face fell. she turned, too aghasted to say a word. it felt as Woohyun had just scrapped all of the courage Woohee took in her to tell Woohyun it was alright, with that single sentence. relieving her sunken heart, she tried to speak a word which was no other than mute. Woohyun continued, at his attempt to calm his sister.

  "The other day.. Suzy came to our house.. She was looking for my camera.. s..she knows exactly what happened Noona.. How can i just let it slide when someone who loved Luhan knows about this?" "Why are you only telling me now? Who knows what she could have done?!" frailing, Woohee burst into tears. surprised at his sister's cloddishness, he just stood there with his backpack drooping off his right shoulders.

  "Don't worry noona.. like you said, i'll keep quiet.. I'm going to go see a counsellor during school.. they said that they give free transmigration reading.. I know it's hard.. but that's the best i can do.. I'm going to school now.." feeling uneasy, Woohyun left the door to retrace in the footsteps of the road in which he had last seen Luhan.

 

------

 

  --Fourth Period--

  The class atmosphere was rather corrupt the entire time Woohyun sat at his desk, at the far middle in the third row. although Suzy wasn't in his class, it was sort of flagrant to know that she had spread some sort of word towards the school. the empty spot of Luhan's desk were filled with red roses and goodbye cards, all decorated with memory pictures of other people and him.

  even Woohyun's friends seemed to be avoiding him the entire lesson, even his juniors. "What are friends.." he murmured to himself, slumping as he slowly walked around the corridors for the ten minute break time inbetween each lesson. he was already too used to the fact that even freshmans were giving him looks as he walked past, which was really no surprise as sixteen year olds had nothing to do except explode rumours everywhere. "That's him! i wonder how he can live with himself.." girls whispered as they gossiped amongst themselves.

  They made it sound as if Woohyun was the killer. The transmigration counselling. Woohyun suddenly remembered. it was the only reason why he came to attend school, also to escape from that house which filled with his worst nightmares. he felt uneasy the more he thought about this transmigration counselling, because it reminded him more of Luhan for a odd reason, which related one in another way if you brought up the idea of reincarnation.

  Lost in his thoughts, he hadn't realised that he had already brought himself to the counselling office. the aura was already starting become so stiff. it was the zone free corridor where no student dared to wander especially the freshmans, for this so called curse that ghosts were reincarnated in that counselling office. Woohyun believed no such thing, but today- some things seemed rather... astray.

  He looked around, he could see why. the setting was the perfect aura and anyone would fall for that trap. there was a single sunroof at the rop which shone off a little light from the sky, but mostly because of the unknown insects covering the glass. as you looked to the right, the corridor was pitch black and the dripping of the faulty taps somehow sounded like footsteps from a distance.

  Woohyun entered the office, to see the back of the counsellor already counselling another person with his special transmigration program. the patient didn't seem to be a student, dressed in casual black jeans. you could see his white hands poking out of his red hoodies, in a fist. Woohyun decided to watch from afar. He took a seat by the bookshelf, where he was intact with the counsellor's voice.

 

  The counsellor clicked his fingers at the patient's head and his head fell, along with his eyelids. "We're going into your previous life.. As you requested, we will be going into the moment before your death. Where are you in your previous life?" the counsellor spoke soft enough for the patient and Woohyun to hear. Woohyun heard the patient moan, before his lips parted to speak.

  "I.. I'm on a rockface of a mountain.." Woohyun froze at the voice of the patient. his eyes widened like a walnut. his voice was too hitched, as he tried to move his limbs but nothing worked. he wanted to get himself out of there- for the voice he heard seemed too familiar to the voice where he heard Luhan after the incident. Woohyun tried hard but his body wouldn't budge, as the only thing he could do was sit and listen.

  "Why are you on a rockface?" the counsellor spoke once again.

"I.. was posing for a photo with my brother when the cliff piece broke off and i fell down with my brother.." Woohyun bit his lips in horror. that patient was retracing the exact moment in which he ahd Luhan had suffered the drop from the mountain. he tried to scream for help, but his mouth wouldn't part- it wasn't as anyone would hear him in that tiny office.

  "What does your brother look like? Can you retrace what his name was?"

"I.. I don't remember his name.. but.. he had ebony hair.. he has a single piercing on his right ear shaped as a skull.. he he has quite full lips.. I don't know how i should describe him.. " the patient began to stutter. "Now, touch around your face. can you tell me what you look like?"

  "I.. I have red hair.. I wore flat black glasses.. it seems as i have white skin.. I have the chinese flag stitched on my jogging jacket.." the patient began to groan in pain and discomfort. "Did you hurt yourself as you fell?" "I can't move my leg.. it hurts too bad when i try to move it.. i sprained it a little bit when i fell off the cliff.." he moaned louder. "Can you try to move your legs now?" the counsellor held the patient's ankle lightly. he hissed in pain, and the counsellor released it.

  "What are you and your brother doing on the rock face?" the counsellor's voice grew darker and intimate. his face didn't look so light either. it was filled with fear and horror of a kind.  "My brother's blaming me.. because of me, we fell down this rockface.. he hates me because i'm an adopted chinese son of the family.." a tear seemed to be dribbling down the patient's face, as the counsellor dabbed it with a tissue.

  "Why are you crying, " "He's not remorseful for his actions at all.. there's a single chocolate bar.. it's big enough to break in half but he won't share a single piece.." "WHat is your brother doing now?" "He.. H.. he's grabbing my arms.. He's pushing me towards the end of the rockface.." the patient began to stutter. he seemed to be in utter discomfort, the way he was frowning and stuttering. "H..he.. he's threatening to push me down the cliff.. i..i'm holding his arms but he keeps on pushing me away.. "

   "Why is he pushing you off,"

"He didn't want to share the chocolate..."

"Are you still alive?"

"H..he pushed me off the cliff.. Please help me..!" the patient screamed as the counsellor clicked his fingers once again, and the patient woke up from his transmigration, sweating all over his shoulders. Woohyun couldn't quite see his face, for he was covered with a sleeping mask. the counsellor had a dark look on his face, almost as if he was scared to approach the patient himself.

  "What is it professor?" the patient spoke, as he took off his sleeping mask. Woohyun couldn't contain his abhorrence, for the person before his eyes was no one other than Luhan himself. hearing the death he caused on his own seemed more than bearable, much as it sounded from Luhan's perspective. his eyes were fixed to Luhan as he rose from his seat and faced the counsellor.

   'Do you believe in Reincarnation.?" The counsellor disclosured. they studied each other's eyes for a split moment before Luhan nodded and greeted the counsellor, walking past him towards the exit door which was located next to Woohyun. Luhan met eyes with Woohyun, blandly staring at him for a cold moment. Woohyun knew just to well that face he was giving him. It was the face Woohyun always gave Luhan to let him know that he was never welcome in his family.

  "Hello Woohyun. So we meet again." his mouth grew into a forceful smile. Woohyun only nodded. "See you another time then." he creaked the door open and exited, leaving only him and the counsellor. "Nam Woohyun?" the counsellor read off his name tag. 'N..nah.. found the wrong room.." he stuttered as he chased Luhan out the office, into the school playground.

  There was something rather bugging about this boy, something that Woohyun deepened to know deeply. 'Wait!" Woohyun's voice echoed around the school field, reaching Luhan's ears in no time. he stopped and turned from his spot, giving a smile which almost seemed robot generated. the two exchanged stares in the sunlight before Luhan made small footsteps towards Woohyun, to the marble steps. 

  Every footstep that Luhan made were ringing in Woohyun's ears like the puncturing sound an earthquake made at every crash. the way Luhan smiled seemed more than daunting, almost as if his iris was joint with his pupils into a black colour too horrifying to watch. he had a extravagant power of pullling people into his eyes, no matter how much they tried to avoid it.

 

  But there, Woohyun noticed something strange.

 

 

Luhan did not have shadow, in the midst of all the sunlight he was walking in. it was the mystery of absurdity. north, south, west or east, you couldn't find a single shade produced by Luhan. Woohyun wasn't sure who this guy was even now, but things were really starting to creep him out. 

 

 

"Yes?" He answered, and before Woohyun knew- Luhan was right before his eyes, prying his head out with that stare of his. for s moment, Woohyun didn't have the courage to speak for the dead Luhan's consciences might come haunting him again, but he had his chances. "What is your identitiy?! Why are you doing this to me?!"

 

  "My identity is something is of great avail, Woohyun. but until the last day of this year- my avail will not be discovered. "

 

 

'Who are you?!"

 

 

"I'm exactly who you think i am. My name is.. Xi Luhan. Seem familiar?"

 

 

 

 



I'm sorry for the late update everyone.. I know i said i would update between saturday and so, but you know time slips..

I hope this chapter wasn't too disappointing.. I sort of founding it disappointing because we need to make all these statements

into the story before the interesting plot begins lol so yeah. thanks for reading~ please comment and upvote the story if you like it ;D

lmfao why do i find that GIF so funny.