o1

Reincarnations

[2013-The Present: Luhan's Generation]

 

  


  His lips cracked of drought at the sight of his despontant step brother right before his eyes. he hadn't had anything to drink, nor anything to fill his stomach- but he knew he had to sacrifice for his step brother Woohyun who was just as indisposed as him. they were on the brink of death, with the sight of the small mars bar inches away from their eyesight. Woohyun curled into a fur ball, flinching everytime Luhan made a swift movement.

  Woohyun had his consciences on the chocolate bar, and it wasn't as he would let Luhan take the last lifeline, for until help comes. it's been four days, three nights since they have been stuck on the rock face of the mountain, at their attempt to take a self camera with the view joining them. it was just coincidental that the cliff piece broke just as the camera piece began to snap, they ended up on the brink of the mountain with nothing but a chocolate bar to accompany them.

  The place was barren. they couldn't climb up neither down. sure they had a choice, to jump down and join the water apparitions, but neither of them were willing to take the chance. at times like these, Luhan wished that he accompanied Woohyun for his morning jog, for that's how the entire riosity started.

  "Give the chocolate to me." necessitating, Woohyun grabbed the bar without any hesitation. Luhan's eyes were a walnut, as he used the force in his hands to spring and snatch it off him. they exchanged deadly glares almost too synonymous to hate. Luhan placed it back onto the ground, rubbing his shoulders for warmth.

  Luhan sighed at Woohyun's unremorseful actions the past thirteen hours. "Look Woohyun, you've got to understand that you're not the only one that's starving to death. there's me too, okay? but we can't possibly eat this chocolate bar until the last resort. you can hold your hunger can't you?" he reasoned, fixing a weak smile.

  "My mother brings you into our household and this is how you treat the original copy of the family." Woohyun seethed under his breath, flagrant enough for Luhan to understand. hearing this, Luhan scoffed in dismay. he knew Woohyun always had the personality of a dirty mole, but sometimes his words would go too far. Woohyun always had something against Luhan racially, especially for the truth that Luhan had chinese blood in him. it also didn't help the fact that Luhan was not an ugly face, he was far more appealing than Woohyun could ever be.

  "Woohyun, i told you this isn't the time to bring up such contemplating topics." "You didn't have to respond to it. I wasn't even speaking to you, anyway." "Woohyun, are you really going to be like this? i told you, at the end of every week the mountain patrol comes to take a check role around the moutain. until then, we just have to endure it a little bit more and then we can eat half of the chocolate bar each -"

  "What makes you think you'll have the other half?" Woohyun's eyes shot up. Luhan tilted his head to the right, offended at his unremorseful actions. how could he say such words, at a brink of death? Luhan, startled at Woohyun's sudden posture to stand up, stood up along with Woohyun. things were getting tense, anyone could say.

  Woohyun breathed heavily, taking steps towards Luhan who was backing away slowly. every step Luhan took back, Woohyun's steps were bickering at Luhan's safety. Luhan felt the danger that he was going to fall backwards soon, but still so Woohyun was not willing to give any mercy.

  "W..Woohyun.. alright you can have the entire chocolate bar.. Woohyun.." Luhan chuckled half heartedly, rubbing the sweat off his forehead. seeing that Luhan was on the brink of the rock face, Woohyun smiled and stopped in his spot. Woohyun caved him inside the small space, threatening him with his stares.

  "Honestly, this chocolate bar isn't enough for the both of us to share, isn't it?" his voice lingered, examining Luhan from head to toe. "Woohyun please.. what are you doing?" "I've been way too famished to hold in my hunger any more.. one of us needs to just.. disappear if we want to save this stomach." Woohyun pat his stomach, smirking.

  "What are you insisting..?" Luhan replied frantically, trying to hold onto Woohyun's arms with all his might. at that chance, Woohyun grabbed Luhan's arms and held it tightly.  the two exchanged glances before Woohyun began to loosen his grip. "WOOHYUN PLEASE!" Luhan begged, gripping Woohyun's arms so hard that his jacket was close to slipping off. Only Luhan was remaining on the rock surface with the help of Woohyun. his feet were close to dangling off the impregnable height.

  "Luhan, remember? you said families always sacrifice for each other."

"WOOHYUN! JUST PULL ME UP!"

"You're the eldest.. so you should sacrifice. i'll eat it well." Woohyun smiled, before he emptied his hands from Luhan. the bellowing echoe filled the mountain, followed by a thudding squelch which in fact had to be Luhan probably crashing his skull onto the rocky river bank and letting his blood squelch everywhere. Gulping, Woohyun returned to his original spot and grabbed the mars bar in his fingers.

 

[One week later]

 

   "Woohyun, there's someone here to see you." his mother knocked lightly on his door. ever since the day Woohyun got rescued from the mountain, he was having nightmares and often hallucinating, or he thought. his sleep dreams were always continuous from the event from the mountain.

  He hadn't been able to fall asleep after a nightmare he dreamed about Luhan climbing up the mountain to claim Woohyun's soul. Woohyun tilted his head as a familiar looking girl entered his room, with a brief suitcase in her hands. Woohyun gained his consciousness to realise that Luhan's girlfriend, Bae Suzy. she seated herself in Woohyun's chair and fixed her eyes on his actions. her eyes were full of suspicion and resentment, the way she glared at Woohyun as if he was a rat off the sewers.

  "Take a seat Nam Woohyun." she gestured at the chair infront of her. ruffling his hair, he did what he was told and began tapping on the table, getting on Suzy's nerves. she sighed, staring at his mentally normal face which seemed to have gotten more plump over the time he was rescued.

  "You don't seem to be remorseful about your actions at all." she interrogated, opening the small briefcase to reveal photos of a courpse too familiar for Woohyun's eyes. Suzy sighed as if the world was crashing down on her shoulders, passing the photos onto Woohyun.

  "They found Luhan's courpse the other day." "O..oh.. well that's a relief isn't it..?" Woohyun picked up the snapshots and stared at the pictures of the bursted head that Luhan was left with. his eyes were punctured with pebbles inside them, and to add to that his bones were puncturing out of his skin in dislocated places.

  "It took them 48 hours to locate his ribs and his skull. that's the result they got." Suzy's tone grew colder and apathetic. she scoffed at Woohyun's 'amazing' acting skills as to how he was acting so surprised. Suzy knew how Luhan got killed, and who killed. she knew Woohyun too well to know that he had done it.

   "I.. fe-" "I saw your police report before i came to your place. i see you reported that Luhan just.. fell off the rockface during his sleep and you only noticed it after the sun rose. you cease to amaze me once more Nam Woohyun." sarcasm filled the room.

 "I wouldn't lie to the police, especially with my brother's life on the line. " Woohyun stuttered. the truth was getting the best of him, and he knew so himself.  "You're stuttering Woohyun. is there something more, you have to tell me?" she pierced through him.

  "I told you everything i know." he averted eyes from her.

 

"May i see your camera Woohyun?" "W..why?" "Remember you told me that before you two fell off the cliff, it was to pose for a picture. wasn't it? i think there are a few things that need to be examined." "there's nothing.." he refused, trying to stop Suzy. "If there's nothing, then you should have no problem showing me. right?"

   "... Fine." Woohyun rose from his seat and reached towards his computer desk and unplugged his camera from the computer. then Woohyun remembered. it was Woohyun who pulled Luhan down with him as they fell down the cliff, surely there must have been a shot.

  Woohyun flicked through the camera, trying to find the pictures of the incident. his fingere stopped at the particular picture, which caught his eyes.  he clearly remembered, it was the picture in which the timer shot before the two plunged off the cliff. the shot showed Woohyun dangling off Luhan's legs as he fell down the cliff, visibly showing the timing that Luhan was standing stable on the surface whilst Woohyun was plunging halfway down the drop.

  "..." Woohyun gulped. he looked back at Suzy, staring directly back at him. without any hesitation, Woohyun's fingers roamed towards the delete button. he wiped the sweat off his forehead and evicted the photo off the camera before be placed it towards Suzy for examination.

 she flicked through the album, frowning. "Did you delete a photo?" she asked absentmindedly. she flicked through the camera twice, finding a fault with the camera. "You were spending awfully long over there flicking down at your camera.." she raised an eyebrow.

 "No.."

"If the camera was on timer, there should have been a shot regardless of anything, because the camera takes an auto shot.  but in your photo album, there is not a single photo at that exact scene at the mountain. i ask again, did you delete the photo?"

  "..."

"You should just admit it Woohyun. Be honest. what really happened that night? Did you push him off because your conscience boggles at the thought of Luhan being loved more than you?" "I... didn't push him off. " Woohyun's response grew short and chafed. the two exchanged glares before Suzy rose from her seat and packed the briefcase next to her. she looked around his room once more in a chafed mood before she walked towards the door.

 

  'Woohyun?" she called out, facing the door. "What?" "You really don't see the seriousness of this do you? Life is like a boomerang Nam Woohyun. right now, you may be happy in your little turtle shell, but sooner or later, it's going to come back to you. Luhan's going to come back. And he'll make sure you'll pay your price." She threatened, exiting his room.

  Woohyun sidled, scowling at Suzy's offending statement. Woohyun usually never let those kind of things get to him, but something about her statement seemed awfully indubitable. ever since his little nightmare of Luhan chasing him in his dreams, he came to believe that Luhan could actually come back and haunt him for life.  feeling the cynical aura around him, he seethed under his breath as he reached to open for the curtains.

  "Oh," he downrighted. he had been caved inside his room for almost a week to realise whether it was night or day. the scene outside seemed to be more darker than it appeared, with a single full moon floating in the sky. the dark velvet sky had him acrimonious. Woohyun lost himself in the white moonlight, lost in thoughts.

  He had his own thoughts, what if Luhan happened to reincarnate and come back to revenge? he knew it was by far the most ridiculous thought ever, but he couldn't help but question himself. this was reality, and anything could happen. Just when you think your life is safe, that's when the fire blade comes shooting at you.

  "Woohyun." His sister barged into his room, startling him. his sister breathed convulsingly at the cornucopia which was the mess of his room. she ducked through his room as if it was a set of army hurdles and placed twenty dollars next to the window seal he was leaning towards. Woohyun trailed brassily at his sister, who was crossing her arms.

  "Go and buy a new pack of banana milk." she ordered sharply. "Why? You know i have an allergy to bananas.." "Did i ever say it was for you? If Luhan was still here, he would have bought it hours ago. You know how much he loves banana milk." Woohyun sighed, at his sister's attempt to push the blame towards Woohyun. "Why are you making things sound as i killed him?" "Because you did Woohyun. I'm your sister. I'm Nam Woohee who majored in psychology. Did you think i wouldn't be able to figure out that you just suddenly decided to take Luhan jogging in the mountains?"

  "I don't think you're in the position to just assume that Woohee."

"I saw the photo. " Woohyun's eyes lit up at his sister's aggravated tone. "Why did you pull him down with you..? You obviously knew that.. he didn't have to fall.. couldn't you have acted mature for once? why is it that everytime there's a hurdle in your life, you never try to jump over it but to always destroy it?"

  "Do you think it was easy for me? That bastard took all the love from my parents Woohee. my blood related parents. He's not even Korean do you realise? He has nothing to do with the bloodline of this family at all! You probably will never know how it feels Woohee," he paused to let out the laugh of defeat. "Because you're always the perfect one in the household."

 "Do you know the reason why Luhan got all the love and you didn't? Instead of blaming an innocent person, can you look back to think about anything you did lovable? While you were at the summer camp with your High schol juniors, Luhan stayed home in the blazing heat studying so he could get a scholarship for his senior years. you know why? He didn't want mum and dad to worry about his school fees. Have you ever considered mother and father enough to at least try something like that?"

  "I'm supposed to enjoy my youth Noona. that's what makes life. Luhan had no life. I was just doing what i wanted to do, what i needed to fulfill my life. Luhan was just a fuc-" "JUST stop it. Is it Luhan's fault that he actually worked hard to achieve what he had been all his life? Luhan just finished his SAT tests last week.. With his scores he could go far.. It would have been just a few more months before you and Luhan would officially never see each other again once you enter universties."

  "You know what? I never knew a banana milk would have such a blinding past you know, NAM WOOHEE." Woohyun crumpled the money note in his pocket and shoved past Woohee, slamming the door behind him. he felt uneasy about having to go out alone in a full moon, especially after Suzy's little threat and his sister's big tsunami of complaints.

-----

  

  With the bag of banana milk in his hands, he rushed out the dimly lit supermarket and back into the road where the streetlights lit orange lights for Woohyun to walk in. he felt uneasy, like he had always been- but never this uneasy before. the full moon couldn't be any clearer, without a single cloud daring to get in its way.

  He felt chills up his spine, and the only thing in his head was to get home quickly and hide under the sheets for the night. the exact scene of the nightmare he dreamed would appear in his head, haunting him as he walked. the way Luhan climbed up the mountain and grabbed Woohyun's feet seemed so surreal. the psychic thing was that the image of the destroyed Luhan was matching to the photo Suzy had in her briefcase. things were getting serious, Woohyun could say.

 

  "Luhan's dead Nam Woohyun.. stop cursing you-" "Woohyun!" He froze. that voice was a voice much too familiar to just let it slide. it rung in his ears like the bell of the ginormous catholic church. Woohyun's body wouldn't allow him to move, it was almost as if his legs were getting held back by some sort. then he came to his senses.

 

  The voice was Luhan. The boy whom he told himself was dead.

 

 

  Woohyun spun, seeing no traces of human anywhere. "I'm just hallucinating.." he gulped. he spun 360 degrees, trying to search for anything, just anything. but no. his heart rate rising, Woohyun's speed began to rise and soon enough, he was sprinting home. that one voice was enough to have him stay in his house for his entire life, and maybe the next.

  he began to hear footsteps behind him. rising slowly and slowly, keeping up with Woohyun's speed.

 

 

"Woohyun! Woohyun!" that voice called out once again. shrieking, Woohyun ran for his life but close enough, he felt the existance chasing right behind him. Woohyun fell at his spot, burying his face inside his knees. the banana milk had rolled all the way to the other side of the road, waiting for its owner. that horrifying voice of Luhan echoed in his ears.

 He chuckled, before the existance placed a hand on Woohyun's shoulders. but to his surprise, he found himself surrendering to that particular warmth in his hands. Woohyun flinched, to see a perfectly normal Luhan facing him. but he was somehow different. the brown hair that Luhan was no longer a brunette, instead it had been bleached to blonde. other than that, it was that exact Luhan he had seen.

 

  Woohyun's jaws dropped, only staring dumbfoundly at Luhan as he picked up the banana milk and handed it to Woohyun. "Woohyun! Why did you run away? You didn't want to share the milk?" Luhan joked as he laughed along at his own joke. Woohyun's face was abnormally pale, with sweat forming at the end of his toes, literally. Luhan's sweet smile seemed somehow reminiscing, to the time right before Woohyun pushed him off the mountain.

 

  "L..Luhan.." Woohyun shrilled. he had nothing to say, except repeat his name for the hope that this was all a dream.

 

 

"What? you're acting as i came back from the dead!" he chuckled. but Woohyun could sense the cynical plot behind that laugh.

 

 

"Why..."

 

"I came back just like a boomerang Woohyun. Don't worry, you'll get what you deserve." Luhan stared at him blankly. and before Woohyun knew, Luhan was gone from his eyes, just like the wind. And Woohyun knew exactly what he meant.

 


I'm sorry for the really late update everyone :(

I've been really busy lately because i had to put together alot of

furnitures since we moved into a new house and only today we searched the PC up.. and you know, i can never update my stories unless i am on a big PC screen or a huge laptop or something like that. It's only been one month since i moved to america so we've been really busy.. i will try to get chapter two to you as soon as possible, but if i can't release it by saturday, then it probably won't be out until like next thursday.. because this saturday i am going to watch the LA Dodgers baseball game with my other friends and then on monday we are going to las vegas for two nights and three days so it's sort of hard for me to match the schedules.. maybe i wil do a double update between today and saturday, we wil just see. i generally don't like my chapters too short so it takes time to write them.. and oh yeah, i have some things to clarify in the first chapter. it may be a bit boggling and confusing in the first chapter, so let me clairify. Luhan's parents gave him off when he was a baby because he was the youngest between seven brothers and his parents were too busy to have him also, so they sent him off to Korea where he's been with Woohyun's family ever since. And Luhan's not actually a very smart kid, all he did was study and study until he barely managed to be top of the school. And for Luhan's image, this is what Luhan looked like before he died. CLICK. and now after he appeared infront of Luhan after the incident he looks like this, CLICK. that casual blonde style. so yeah. If the first chapter was boring for you, i'm so sorry.. :( but i have really big plans for this story and there will be so much twists so please keep with me until the end! <3 and please leave your comments :) they motivate me :)