Chapter 2

Love Song

-Jiyeon POV-

Jiyeon was having breakfast, the alarm played early because she had to go school.
She was going to graduate this year, she was so busy by working and studying that she could see rarely her friends out of the school.
When she finished eating, Jiyeon took her bag and was going out of the door when she remembered something:
“Oh right! I was almost forgetting”

She went in her room and took her notebook that she left on the desk. She didn’t know how but she had been able to write a new song, there was just some point to improve.
In the past two days she was hardly able to sleep, she was totally focused on the song and she used the short free time she had to study.

Jiyeon leaved the building and went to take the bus.
When she arrived at school she entered her class and rested her head on the desk trying to have some rest before the teacher came in, but before she could even close her eyes someone sat beside her:
“Neh, Jiyeon unnie what are you doing? This isn’t the place to sleep”
“Hwayoung-ah, the past days I had to write a new song and I worked so hard that I couldn’t sleep. Please, let me rest some minutes”
“Oh, so you got the job?”
“Not sure… the owner said that if this night I’ll have enough success I’m going to work there”
“Unnie listen; I know  you need that work, but you have to take care of your health first. So be careful ok?”
“Don’t worry unnie, I will”
“It will be better. Anyway, this evening me and some of our classmate are going to eat something at the restaurant near the cinema, do you want to come with us?”
“I would like but I can’t. This afternoon I have to finish the song and I’ll go to the bar earlier to become familiar with the equipment. But next time you can come to my apartment and I will cook”
“Sure! But… let’s cook together ok? I don’t want to eat again things half raw and half burn”
Hwayoung said teasing her friend
“Yah! It wasn’t my fault. There was something wrong with the pan”
“Sure Jiyeon-ah, it was the pan’s fault”
The two girls keep teasing each other until the teacher entered the class.

In the lunch break Jiyeon went to the infirmary with her note book, she knocked the door and waited until someone answered on the other side.
“Oh Jiyeon-ah, what bring you here? Aren’t you feeling well?”
“Good morning Inyoung-sshi, no nothing like that. Actually, I wrote a new song and I’d like to have your opinion”
“Of course, let me see”

Two years ago Jiyeon got injured during the sports games and she went to the infirmary where Inyong took care of her.
While Jiyeon was having some rest they started talk and she told her situation to the teacher. Now every time she need some encouragement or any advice  she came here.

Inyoung read carefully the lyrics and the arrangement on the pentagram before speaking:
“Jiyeon-ah, you wrote this in two days?”
“Yes”
“Well, even though there is something that need to be fixed this isn’t bad at all. You did a great job”
“Really? Omo, thank you so much Inyoung-sshi”
a bright smile appeared on Jiyeon’s face
“You don’t need to thank me, this is really a good one. Are you going to perform this song?”
“Yes, I found a job in a bar and this evening I’m going to perform there”
“It seems important, can I come?”
“Really? It would be great. My turn start at 10 p.m. and the bar is…”
Jiyeon heard the door opened at her back and she turned to see who it was.

“Oh! Kahi susenim good morning”
Jiyeon immediately bowed to the teacher, meanwhile Inyoung just stayed sit on the chair and said:
“Neh Kahi-sshi, why are you here?”
Kahi smiled back to the cute Jiyeon and answered back:
“Good morning”
then she turned toward Inyoung:
“I just need a patch, I cut my finger with a paper”
“Take one, you know where they are”
Inyoung replied.
Kahi was disappointed by her acting, so she told to Jiyeon:
“Could you leave us alone please? I need to talk about something with Inyoung-sshi”
“Sure susenim. Inyoung-ssh- …I mean susenim, when the classes are over I’ll bring here the address of the bar”
“Arasso Jiyeon-ah, bye bye”
“See you later”
Then she bowed and went out of the room.

 

-Inyoung POV-

“Yah, do you think this is the right way to act?”
Kahi shouted after Jiyeon left the room.

“What do you mean?”
“I mean that when I came in you didn’t even bowed and when  I told you that I need a patch you just stayed there with your legs crossed. Remember that I’m older than you.
Seriously, you’re such a ‘good mom’ with that girl and with me you’re just arrogant”
“Arasso. Just give me your hand, I’ll take care of it. Anyway, don’t you think that you are the arrogant talking to me like this?”
Inyoung said while taking the patch’s box and the disinfectant.
“I’m not being arrogant. I’m just saying that you need to be more careful about the way you talk. I know you are a good person inside, but outside you act like a most of the time and you can hurt someone by acting like this”
Kahi said while sitting on the bed.
“Well… I’m sorry ok? I’ll try to be more careful about the way I talk”
Inyoung pouted.
She know that her behavior could intimidate some people, but she couldn’t do anything.

“Neh, are you mad? I’m sorry for being too rude”
“No I’m not. Come on, give me your hand”
Inyoung took her hand and she dabbed the finger with some cotton soaked with disinfectant
“Ouch”
“Are you ok?”
“Yes, it just hurt a little”
Inyoung finished with putting a patch on the cut:
“Done, be more careful next time ok?”
“I will, thank you my little good witch”
Kahi teased Inyoung before giving her a peck on the cheek
“I’ll see you around the school, bye~”

Inyoung was taken by surprise with that action, they like teasing each other but never like this.
She sat on the chair and took a sip from her cup of tea, trying to calm down her heart’s beat.

 

-Jiyeon POV-

Jiyeon just woke up.
When the school was over she went straight home and finished the song in a couple of hours and after that she decided to take a nap to get some sleep.

Now she was getting ready to went to the bar; she was wearing a pair of tight black jeans and a yellow t-shirt.
Jiyeon finished with putting on a light makeup, now she was ready to go. She toke her guitar, her score and went to the bar.

When she arrived it was just the 8:00 p.m. and since she hadn’t eat nothing after lunch, Jiyeon decided to take a sandwich.
While she was eating the owner appeared behind her and put his hand on the girl’s shoulder:
“Jiyeon-sshi you’re here! So I guess that you could writhe a new song”
“Yes I did it. I came earlier to talk about the setting of the equipment”
“Sure! What do you need?”
“Just a stool and a mike”
“So you’re going to perform alone, uh? Ok, no problem. And what about the lighting?”
“Just put a single light, I don’t need nothing special”
“Alright. Now we will set the necessary and before the perform you’ll try everything to see if it’s all ok. Now it’s better if I let you finish your sandwich, you’ll need a lot of energy tonight, and don’t worry about the payment ok?”
“Thank you sir”

Jiyeon was telling to the staff how to put the light, she decided to use one of them and put in above her.
She already tuned her guitar and tried the mike and now she was waiting to the presentation;
at the moment the owner of the bar went on the stage and started speaking:
“Ladies and gentleman, tonight I’m going to introduce you a young girl who’s going to perform on this stage for the first time, so let’s give her a big applause ok? Here’s to you miss Jiyeon!”
Everyone was exited after hearing the announcement, it had passed a loge time since a new singer performed in the bar. When the light the atmosphere became quiet:
“Hello everyone, I’m Jiyeon and now I’ll perform to you my new song, so I hope you’ll like it. The song’s name is: ‘little by little’”

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R4X8la3vm8I

While Jiyeon was singing no one spoke, everyone were captured by her beautiful voice, some people started to have teary eyes.
Jiyeon really loved to sing, music was everything for her and every time she sang you could feel the emotions explode in your heart.

When she played her last note there were some seconds of silence, her heart was beating really fast because she was nervous, she kept thinking:
‘What will happen now? What if they didn’t like my song? I’ll be in trouble, I really need this job’
When she heard the applause, Jiyeon came back to herself and realized that everyone in the bar were clapping at her.
The owner reached the young girl on the stage and he said:
“I see you liked her performance, that’s good. Let’s give her another round of applause!”
Again, everyone star clapping really loud and Jiyeon was so happy that she made a 90° bow and thank the customers:
“Thank you so much! I’m really happy that you liked this song. Please, keep supporting me”

While Jiyeon was coming down from the stage the owner called her:
“Jiyeon-sshi!”
“Yes?”
“You did a good job tonight, everyone enjoyed you perform. Here, this is a small advance, I will give you the rest at the end of the moth.
Ah! Also take this, it’s your schedule. Remember to be on time and if you want something to drink or ear just ask at the barman”
a big smile appeared on Jiyeon’s face:
“Thank you so much sir! I won’t disappoint you”
“I know you. Now it’s better if you go home and get some rest”
“Deh, good night sir!”
“Good night and be careful”

Jiyeon couldn’t stop smiling, she was so happy that she finally found a job.
She got in the taxi without notice that a pair of eyes were watching her.

--------

Sorry for the late update, hope you guys will enjoy this chapter~
I'll try to update as soon as possible ><

Soo... Who's watching Jiyeon? Eheh don't worry, you will find out soon, promise!