Obnoxious

Sanctuary

Chapter IV (Final): Obnoxious

 

One fifty six in the morning. Chanyeol really couldn’t remember when was the last time he went home that late from hanging out with a friend. His nights would usually just be occupied by work, his homework, Sehun’s homework, or him, looking like a spring roll in the middle of winter – wrapped up in the Pororo comforter Kyungsoo gave to all of them the past Christmas – eating a bowl of ramen and either bawling his eyes out over some dramatic film he would find on Netflix or laugh his out over some rerun of whatever variety show was on TV. On very rare nights, Sehun would come home early, with a red box dvd in hand or a new game the younger stole from Jongin’s stash. Those were Chanyeol’s favorite nights. It hadn’t really happened a lot in past few days. The boy had been out of the house almost ninety percent of the time. They would only see each other in school, sometimes at that bubble tea shop across their university where Jongdae worked at. Chanyeol felt very lonely – Kyungsoo was avoiding him like a plague, which would also equal to Jongin not hanging out with him, Baekhyun and Jongdae were both busy with the upcoming winter musical, Joonmyeon was somehow out of the planet lately and have been acting rather weirdly, and so was Minseok. He once thought something happened between the two, he just never felt the urge to ask. He was actually almost half way through his routine; he just added a few matches of league of legends and some Mario kart and he really didn’t know what got into him and he just found himself dialing the phone number he found written on the note that came with the congratulatory gift Yixing gave him. The elder was very shy and timid, although not bad for a company on a Friday night – way better than being a couch potato and feeling bad about himself and how he did not have a life until the wee hours of the night.

Hanging out with Zhang Yixing wasn’t really that bad, although half of the time was spent in silence accompanied by awkward sighs and fiddling of fingers. He did learn a few things about the elder. He learned that Zhang Yixing apparently also liked music like him, that the elder also wrote some songs when on his free time. Yixing also had this nickname – Lay. Chanyeol also found out that Yixing falls asleep very easily when the elder just randomly dozed off during their bus ride home. They both missed their stops and had to walk back. It was also quite funny how Yixing just lived a few blocks away from their apartment. With just a few hours of spending time with the elder, Chanyeol just concluded that Lay would make a really good friend – a listener, somebody he hadn’t had in quite a while. Kyungsoo was more of a nagger than a listener, MInseok would usually just get distracted by a tiniest thing, he wouldn’t even want mention Jongdae and Baekhyun – those two were just horrible in personal conversations, he wasn’t close enough to Joonmyeon and Jongin, and Sehun, that boy just stopped listening to anybody a long time ago. With Yixing, it seemed like he found the comfort he had been longing for. It was almost like Yixing’s company was giving him the solace he had once lost, along with the random cute boy he found dancing in his secret hideaway ages ago.

One fifty seven in the morning, he was still looking for his keycard that somehow decided to not be in his pocket that night. He was about to fish his cell from his back pocket when the doorknob suddenly turned and a familiar face was just inches away from his, brows raised, eyes almost disappearing into slits. He knew that look. Truthfully, it was freakier than Kyungoo’s eyes almost bulging out of its sockets. Chanyeol wanted to run.

“Welcome home.” The tone was too cold, it made Chanyeol shiver. “Step inside. You’ll catch a cold.”

Chanyeol did what he was told, only to feel colder when the younger just walked past him. Sehun’s cold shoulder could battle Antarctica’s, it was ridiculous. It reminded him of getting trapped in a huge freezer on a winter night – which totally didn’t happen to him in person; just don’t ask Minseok what have they’ve been doing in their neighbor – Kim Ryeowook’s ice cream factory on the Christmas eve of 2003.

“Sehun-ah?”

“What?”

“You’re home.”

“So?”

“It’s Friday.”

“Your point is?”

The silence was almost deafening. Sehun refused to talk and the face Chanyeol was making was just too amusing for him. He had been avoiding the elder the past few days for reasons he really couldn’t explain himself. He just felt like he should give his best friend some space. He had been sleeping over at Zitao’s, sometimes at Joonmyeon’s for almost a week until he got tired and decided that space could go itself, and maybe swim in a pool of lava after. He missed his own bed, and so as the giant that could snore like a hippo until daybreak.  He spent about an hour trying to bust Jongin’s door lock, mixing up number combinations, until the idiot inside him realized that maybe he should try the day between Kyungsoo’s  and Jongin’s birthdays. It was too cheesy that he had his nose scrunched when he heard the familiar click – telling him that he could walk into Kim Jongin’s studio apartment and grab whatever game he felt like taking so he could spend the whole night laughing at how Park Chanyeol at every single video game ever existed. He also almost begged Kyungsoo to make food for him right before the elder started getting ready for work. In Sehun’s head, everything was going to be perfect. He got movies, games, and food – everything he needed to keep him and his best friend entertained the whole night. The only thing he didn’t check was the fact that his best friend actually had a life, and that Park Chanyeol’s world didn’t revolve around him – Do Kyungsoo’s words. He even remembered a “What if he left you? What if he decided that you’re such an and he can’t stand you anymore?” and a trail of more what ifs that came after Sehun’s mind started wandering in dark places he had never really thought about – places with no round, sparkly eyes, awfully styled hair, extremely long limbs, obnoxiously deep laughers, terribly huge ears – places without Park Chanyeol in it. Sehun’s tears almost fell. What had he done?

Oh Sehun lied. He perfectly knew why he tried to stay away from Chanyeol. Kyungsoo finally snapped at him and rubbed on his face how much of an he had been ever since the day Luhan cheated on him. It was quite an eye opener to be honest, especially that black eye he had after the very calm conversation he had with Kyungsoo. Sehun was hurt when his heart got broken, but Chanyeol was the one that suffered the most. The elder was always there whenever Sehun would feel like crying. Chanyeol was there when he got a tiny bit stupid and decided that life was not such a paradise and that he should just end his own. Chanyeol was there when his wrist was covered in crimson liquid, life slowly fading away. Chanyeol was always there whenever Sehun would need somebody to pick him up whenever he would fall down. Chanyeol was always there when Sehun needed a ride when he got so wasted he couldn’t even open his eyes, slurring incoherent words that usually ended in how he hated the world.  Chanyeol was always there, asking for nothing in return. Chanyeol was always willing to do anything for him, yet Sehun failed to see it. It made Sehun feel like he was the most horrible best friend ever walked on the planet. Maybe he really was. How he wished he could turn back time.

“Sehun-ah?”

“You left this on the counter. Were you such in a hurry to go wherever you went to?” Sehun handed Chanyeol his keycard and almost smack his head on the nearest wall when he realized what just happened. Sehun almost snickered. Chanyeol still hadn’t changed; the elder was still as dumb as cork and as naïve as the boy with an awfully awkward pair of long legs and round eyes he met decades ago.

“How did you know I was at the door?”

“I don’t know. I just did.” He shrugged. Not that he was checking the peephole every ten seconds.

Chanyeol grinned, turning Sehun’s coldness into a puddle of goo and fluffiness that started rolling around their two bedroom apartment. Sehun could never stay mad at Chanyeol nor could he pretend to be mad at the elder – it was just impossible like how Chanyeol could never say no to him. He really wasn’t sure how it happened but he found himself, and his giant of a best friend, cuddling in their velvet couch, watching some sort of movie Chanyeol managed to hijack from the library’s system. It was this old film that was made by a student named Kim Kibum ages ago. He was actually about to beg for Chanyeol to turn the movie off if not for the familiar faces that flashed on the screen – Kim Heechul, Park Jungsu, Lee Hyukjae, Choi Siwon and some other professors from other departments. Sehun thought it was hilarious, and made a mental note that he should mention the film the next time he sees Professor Kim.

“Sehun-ah.” Chanyeol snuggled to the crook of Sehun’s neck. It made the younger shiver.

“Mmm?”

“Why were you mad at me?”

“I wasn’t. I was just.” Sehun paused, his chapped lower lip as he started playing with his best friend’s hair. “Disappointed. Disppointed that you weren’t home when I got here. Disappointed that I actually thought you would always be here waiting for me. I was disappointed when I went to the bus stop and saw you with Yixing. I was disappointed .. ” He trailed off, wavering, focusing on everything else except Chanyeol. “I was jealous.”

“Oh.” Chanyeol was speechless, it was the first. “Really.”

“I mean you know, I’m aware that your world does not revolve around me. And I’ve been a huge ever since that Luhan thing and I’ve been neglecting you lately. But Hyung, I swear, I haven’t forgotten about you and I appreciate every single thing you’ve done for me. And I really have no idea what am I gonna do without you.”

“I won’t leave you. I promise.”

Chanyeol sighed, making Sehun froze. There was a sudden jolt of electricity that flowed through his system as soon as Chanyeol’s breath lingered on his skin, creating some sort of dance party in the pit of his stomach. And as soon as their eyes met, something inside him exploded. Everything suddenly became a little too stuffy, making the pair snuggle closer to each other. A tornado of thoughts and sensations circled his whole being as his heart started thumping. The feeling was strange yet very familiar – something he had been feeling since forever but been ignoring the whole time. The feeling was familiar yet very frightening; the kind of feeling that would make him want to flip the universe and dance with Martians.

“Sehun-ah.”

“Yeah hyung?”

Words started dancing on Park Chanyeol’s tongue, almost like every single letter of the alphabet just decided to swirl around his brain. Characters and symbols crowding his thoughts, heart racing as he slowly drowned in his pit of hidden emotions and unspoken feelings.  It was almost like that night, that night when a pair of crescent eyes bore through his soul as his whole being shivered. It was almost like that night when a pair of chapped, alcohol soaked lips brushed on his making every bit of fiber in his body ache. Chanyeol wanted to run yet was paralyzed when the same pair of crescent eyes fluttered open, making time stop ticking. It was almost exactly like that one night yet everything was different.

Oh Sehun was very coherent. The fear and sparkle that was cavorting in Park Chanyeol’s eyes was almost too visible. The heavy breathing, consorted by an irregular rhythm of hearts quickly synchronizing into one was almost too apparent.

“Stop thinking Hyung and just do it.”

It was when a husky voice whispered to his ear along with fingers tracing the contours of his cheeks down to his jaw, Park Chanyeol concluded what was different. It was when the same pair of chapped, not alcohol soaked lips, brushed on his one more time, Park Chanyeol realized that it had always been different. It was when a tug was felt on the back of his neck, pulling him closer, Park Chanyeol thought that maybe, just maybe, it was a good kind of different - his best kind of different.

“Sehun-ah, I love you.”

A decade of clandestine emotions and unspoken words, summed up in a sentence that was lost in gentle clashing of lips and racing hearts.

“I know.”

It was when childhood best friends decided that they were both too overdressed as quivering hands started to ache for more bare skin to caress, Park Chanyeol realized that it really was a good kind of different. It was when low groans and moans echoed in their used to be just laughter filled apartment, Park Chanyeol discerned that yes, it was his best kind of different.

>> creadits: femme_x_fatale 

Sehun’s addicting taste lingered in his mouth as Chanyeol’s desire filled gaze swept over the younger. The ache to worship his milky skin with his hands, lips, tongue or whatever else he could think of pulsated through his veins till him and couldn’t take it anymore. Pulling their hips together, their clothed s rubbed against each other, igniting fireworks of emotions he felt for the one he loved. He heard Sehun gasped before he grabbed both of his cheeks and kissed him fully.

“I love you” slipped in between the elder’s lips again before Chanyeol deepened their kiss. And he meant it, Sehun was beautiful, he deserved the love and passion Chanyeol was about to instill in the younger’s lithe body. Thin arms wrapped around his neck, pulling his own dark tresses.

“Sehun-ah.” He whispered but the boy on the receiving end‘s senses were clouded with lust, he didn’t seem to hear. Tongues were seeking entrance; soft, wet sounds filled the apartment and fingers somehow ended up beneath Sehun’s shirt. Parting for air, the younger’s breath hitched when Chanyeol’s fiery touches trailed across his stomach and chest to press and against hard s. Soft sighs escaped and he wanted to reap more of those, within minutes his lover’s shirt was on the floor and his chest assaulted sensually.

“Hyung.” came a drawled out moan.

Sehun tilted his head back , hands burying in the elder’s hair again. Chanyeol’s own lips pulled at his s for a last time before peppering soft kisses up to the newly exposed skin. Biting down one red mark was followed by many more. If Jongdae was to see crimson spots it would be an endless amount of teasing for the younger but the film student didn’t care. Sehun was his, not any of the guys he slept with and they would know now that they couldn’t touch him like that anymore.

“Hyung…I..I” Chanyeol heard him whisper in between gasps. “I’m sorry.” But the elder didn’t want to hear apologies, only responses to his neck being lavished.

“Don’t be” he muttered and soon Sehun’s pants were casted aside on the couch, he was hoisted against the door, legs wrapped tightly around his waist, pressed against him in another bruising kiss.

“ Hyung” Sehun said in a normal voice but Chanyeol didn’t listen.

“Hyung” but Chanyeol continued kissing him.

“HYUNG WILL YOU LISTEN FOR ONCE!” Sehun yelled and smacked him hard as his wide eyed elder stepped back with a whimper. “Why am I the only one ?” Sehun asked pointedly, glaring at the other’s fully clothed body.

Chanyeol wanted to facepalm, no hit himself against the door for getting caught up and forgetting that

“Oh right!” and in his haste to rid himself of his clothes, he almost dropped Sehun. The younger sighed and placed his hand on where Chanyeol was about lift his shirt.

“Silly hyung, I’m supposed to do that.”

The bedroom door creaked once more with two bodies pressed against it and the muffled moans echoed once more until Chanyeol opened the door, Sehun stopped him one more time.

“No hyung, this is my room.” The memories of his heartbreak and the stupid things he did in there to forget it still haunted that room. This was different, he didn’t want his lover mingling in the past after all the hurt and pain it caused him. “I want to do it in your room.” He smiled and Chanyeol understood.

Seconds went by before Sehun was pressed against the sheets of Chanyeol’s bed, teeth nipping at pillowy lips and their hands explore each other. Sehun let out a soft cry, feeling him suddenly being prepped. His whole body writhed with torturous pleasure on the bed, the more he moaned the more fingers he got inside him. Chanyeol felt his waist being straddled and knew his dongsaeng arching beneath him needed more than just slick fingers and crushing assaults in his lips.

His lover’s body flushed like the colour of his hair and body shimmering in sweat, from the look in his glossy brown eyes, he knew that Sehun was ready but still out of care , he Sehun’s cheek.

“ Sehun-ah are you su…”

“Yes I’m sure hyung” the other breathed cutting him off.  “I’ve wanted this for a while.”

“ I’ll be careful “ Chanyeol pressed a chaste kiss on his cheek. “Do whatever hyung.”

Thighs were quickly parted and his hips brush teasingly against the boy on the bed. More writhing, eager hands grasp the bed sheets and the teasing rubs continued. He bit his lip holding back his moans, and then watched himself grab his slim waist and disappear in between those parted thighs little by little. Sehun arched off the bed once more, intense pleasure rushing through him.

“I love you.” He moaned long and low.  “Sehun-ah” came the deep baritone voice. Bending over to bury himself in the other’s neck, his dark hair receiving a few pets, their movements started off slow and gentle. He wanted the blush pink boy to become accustomed to the feeling. Their purrs filled the room before it became a frenzy of s and pants. Chanyeol couldn’t hold back his deep moans. He didn’t think anything could have felt this good, he was making love to his best friend and the way Sehun’s body responded to his s there was nothing more amazing. The pleasure rippling from their stomachs to between their thighs was the only thing that mattered, the bad feelings were gone.

“Hyung” Sehun’s lust filled voice called to him. “You bubble pop better than HyunA.”

 Chanyeol raisesd his head from his neck at pecked at his lips for the comment. “I’ll… take that..as.. as a compliment” he panted as the sliding of skin continued.

Sehun was a nightmare yet he was the best thing that ever happened to him. He hoped silently that from what they were doing, Sehun would feel the love that he harbored for him after so long.  He never imagined at the start that their hips would be rolling against each other or that he would ever get the chance of enjoying Sehun’s heat or skin like this. This was much better than the first time because Sehun was here moving against him and along with him.

He thought it was a dream until Sehun clawed at his back, eyes open and he knew he was in reality. “I’m…” the younger had no time to continue as the older’s s became harder and more intense working to bring his lover to the end. He wanted it to last as long as it could but it would be impossible.  Then again Sehun was his now, they would have all the time in the world for more sensual romps. Squeezing his eyes shut, he Sehun’s and continued pushing down hard and fast as he could. Feeling a pair of arms encircle his shoulders and legs straddle his waist in a painful grip, he filled his close friend for the last time. A new kind of life found reflected in Sehun’s eyes as his spread through his body and his release spread on their chests. Maybe it was the new life he would now experience with Chanyeol.

The fiery passion still at Sehun’s body and he didn’t unwrap himself until it cooled off. Chanyeol kneeled above him, still connected inside of him.  His lover’s face was the same shade as his hair, he panted, pale chest rising and dropping slowly. He looked almost like an angel.  He closed his eyes, spread his legs around the elder’s waist once more and began ing against Chanyeol. “You didn’t come hyung.” He whispered rising to slide up and down Chanyeol’s in his own ual trance. Sighs of pleasure and Sehun’s name escaped his lips like a prayer.  Sehun’s tongue moistened his bottom lip and he curled his own around it. He felt the urge to come approaching, clenching his stomach he tried to ward it off in order to enjoy the boy moving ally on him but in the end it was too much. He grabbed Sehun’s hips pressing it on his , a drawled baritone moan escapes down Sehun’s throat and his release stained the bed sheets.

A dreamer is one who can only find his way by moonlight, and his punishment is that he sees the dawn before the rest of the world.

- Oscar Wilde

2013.11.27 Wednesday Seoul, South Korea

Woken up by a smell of burnt pancakes and a familiar voice booming through every nerve in his eardrum, Chanyeol groggily shot up from his surprisingly empty bed and ran towards the kitchen. There was Kyungsoo, with a Jongin – looking almost exactly like he did, still in pajamas, soul still in dreamland – and a Jongdae frowning at everything, muttering something like “It’s six o’clock in the morning. Why do I have ers for friends?”, in tow. His eyes slowly wandered around the kitchen, grimace starting to creep up his sleepy self as he looked at the fire extinguisher Youngwoon gave them for Christmas, sitting right beside a grinning Sehun with a burnt apron wrapped around his waist.

“What the ?” Deep, raspy voice echoed in the kitchen.

“Well good morning to you too.” Sehun turned to him. “I made you breakfast”

Chanyeol wanted to run. A stack of what looked a lot like flat coals with butter on top and soaked in some sort of sticky syrup appeared under his nose, making him choke as the smell of burnt breakfast assaulted his senses. His nose scrunched as he tried his hardest not to run into the bathroom and barf whatever he ate the night before out in the toilet. It was very hard, especially with a snickering Jongin that for some reason managed to find some solace under the table, lying down as he held onto Kyungsoo’s ankle like it was his lifeline. Why do I have er for friends? Jongdae’s silent mutterings started playing inside his head, creating some sort of a taunting chant he wished would make the poisonous thing in front of him disappear and he was more than thankful when it did and was replaced by a pair of soft lips pressed on his, followed by grunts from across the kitchen.

“That’s your breakfast. Since Kyungsoo-hyung said the pancakes I made are probably not edible-”

“I bet.” There was a side comment, quickly followed by Sehun, flinging a burnt pancake across the kitchen – landing exactly on Jongdae’s face. “ing hell.” The elder muttered as he ran to the bathroom, probably to throw up and clean up the syrup stuck on his face.

“Continue.” Chanyeol smiled as he placed another peck on the smirking lips in front of him. “Also why are we having this meeting?” His eyes went to Kyungsoo, who was busy trying to pry his ankle off Jongin’s grip.

“Well, let’s just say that your boyfriend is a very excellent chef and decided to roast the whole kitchen – which he would be banned in, by the way, until he gets to fix everything he broke.” Kyungsoo just shook his head. “Seriously, I really don’t know what am I gonna with you two.”  With that, the younger left, dragging Jongin – literally – who still refused to let go of his boyfriend’s ankle.

“Five thousand won and Kyungsoo will kick Jongin’s face before they even reach the elevators.”

“Ten thousand won. Kyungsoo-hyung will throw Jongin off the stairwell and use the elevator to go to the next level just to wait for Jongin and kick him in the groin.”

“Call.”

“Call.”

A deal sealed with a kiss. A little too cliché yet both didn’t mind. Shared by two wandering hearts, unconsciously beating as one, who would mind? Shared by two wandering souls that found serenity in each other’s arms, why would they mind? Fireworks at fifteen minutes past six o’clock in the morning wasn’t part of the cliché yet the fluttering of wings inside collided bodies, as hands wandered slowly, caressing an expanse of pale skin and curly, dark brown locks was lingering through every fiber of their being. Caramel brown eyes, fixed on a pair crescent shaped ones as they both grasped for air – lips swollen - speaking words of affection.

“I love you.” Three words, embedded by millions of emotions, answered by a bright smile, protruding cheeks, and eyes turning into slits.

“Ugh you guys are gross I swear. I have to deal with this with Kyungsoo and Jongin at out flat and now here too? What the ?” Jongdae, looking like a wet baby duckling, emerged from the bathroom only to rush back in again. “Get room!” Elder’s voice hollered, followed by a string of curses and some muffled sounds, something close to throwing up.

“This is our apartment you er!”

“Well don’t just go and make out when you have visitors. That is gross.”

“Stop ing and just go to Baekhyun hyung if you’re jealous you don’t have anybody to make out with.”

“Byun Baekhyun? Really?!” Jongdae again, emerged from the bathroom, face smoldered with what looked a lot like constipation and dysmenorrhea. “You’re ing disgusting Oh Sehun.”

“Thank you.”

“ you.”

“I have Chanyeol for that.” A smirk.

“Oh my God. Whatever. Goodbye. I hope I never see you two again. Tell Kyungsoo I’m going to Joonmyeon’s. At least his place his normal.”

Chanyeol just chuckled as he watched the door close behind Jongdae. Chanyeol just chuckled as he thought about how his life was almost perfect. Chanyeol just chuckled as he wrapped his arms around thin waist, drawing random patterns on the hip bone as he pulled the boy closer. Chanyeol just chuckled as Kyungsoo’s words echoed inside his head – boyfriend.

He remembered reading on the internet about how perfection was just an idea. That perfection could be defined by however the way people wanted to look at it, that every person had their own version of perfection. And Chanyeol suddenly thought maybe, just maybe, that this was his version of perfection. It took a lot of tears, courage, and heartaches yet Chanyeol thought everything was worth it. He had everything he was dreaming of. Chanyeol thought everything was perfect.

Yet dreams end once the dreamer wakes up, and perfection was just an idea.

Four thirty seven o’clock in the afternoon. Chanyeol woke up from his nap, surprised to find the other side of his full sized bed empty. There was no blush pink hair tangled in his fingers. There was no scrawny, pale, body in his arms. There was no Oh Sehun beside him. Instead, there was a bright orange sticky note stuck on his forehead.

“Had to go out real quick. Be back for dinner. xoxo .”

Chanyeol felt like giggling like a school girl. He was about to get up when he felt something vibrating under his pillow, more like Sehun’s pillow since he somehow managed to use up the whole bed. Sehun’s white, mobile phone somehow ended in his hands as his fingers did some sort of tango and some ballet over the screen – contemplating if he should mess with the younger’s phone. He knew Sehun’s phone passcode by heart.

“Don’t use your birthday. You know our friends they can all guess that.”

“Yeah, yeah. Can I use yours then?”

“Too obvious.”

“How about this?” Chanyeol’s heart stopped as a smirk slowly crept up Sehun’s lips.

“How- You still-“

“Of course. Why? You already forgot?”

“How would I? I cut my finger trying to carve that on a tree.”

Two kids, one ten year old and the other one eleven – both wandering, looking for some comfort they couldn’t find at their own home. Two boys that found happiness in the company of one another decided that they should carve their names on the tallest Japanese red pine tree in their secret hideaway to preserve their friendship they both swore would last forever. The elder, with awkward long legs, round eyes, and loud voice decided that maybe they should include the date of when they first met.

“July 28 2003. They day we first met.”

Chanyeol punched in the numbers and the white phone stopped vibrating. It was a reminder. Call Pororo Hyung. Ask to make dinner. It made him laugh. Sehun had been weirdly, organized that day – scheduling everything from breakfast to everything else. The nap they both took wasn’t really part of Sehun’s plans but he managed to convince the younger when promised it would only take a few minutes. He was about to put the phone in his bedside drawer if the text messages that were flashing on the screen didn’t catch his attention.

Idiot Kung Fu Panda [3:17pm]: Sehun-ah. Luhan ge’s at the emergency room. The hospital called me. I’m all the way in Qingdao. I don’t think I can go back until tomorrow. I know it’s too much to ask but can you please check up on his for me?
Handsome Oh Sehun [3:18pm]: Where’s Kris?
Idiot Kung Fu Panda [3:18pm]: Long story. It’s not my place to tell you.
Idiot Kung Fu Panda [3:20pm]: Please? Sehun-ah?
Idiot Kung Fu Panda [3:22pm]: I’ll buy you a year supply of bubble tea.
Handsome Oh Sehun [3:27pm]: Make that a year and a half. Plus free lunch once a week.
Idiot Kung Fu Panda [3:27pm]: Do you think I money?
Handsome Oh Sehun [3:28pm]: Going once.
Idiot Kung Fu Panda [3:28pm]: I’m broke.
Handsome Oh Sehun [3:28pm]: Going twice.
Idiot Kung Fu Panda [3:29pm]: it! Deal! Just make sure he’s fine. Okay?
Idiot Kung Fu Panda [3:29pm]: Thank you. I know this is not easy for you. Chanyeol will probably not like it.
Handsome Oh Sehun [3:31pm]: He doesn’t have to know. I’m leaving now.

Park Chanyeol didn’t really have any idea how or why but he just found himself walking down a very busy hallway, plain white walls, air stale and smelled like antiseptics. There were people walking around, some in white coats, some in hospital gowns, and some in regular clothes.  Park Chanyeol didn’t really have any idea how or why but he just found himself asking the lady, in white dress, behind the counter in one of the nurses’ station for bed number of a boy named Luhan.

“Mr. Luhan is in bed 21. It should be down this hall and to your right.” The lady smiled at him, as she pointed to the white washed hallway in front of him.

“Thank you.” He muttered, smiling, yet eyes wavering from nervous to doubt.

Chanyeol took the path the lady told him too. It was too bright and too long yet he silently wished that it was longer when he his eyes quickly widened as tears streamed down his cheeks. Fireworks at fifteen minutes past six o’clock in the morning, and fluttering wings must have been really too cliché for him. Perfection maybe really was just an idea. Maybe perfection really didn’t exist. Japanese red pine trees could probably last forever but not the words and numbers carved on their trunks. Dreams really did end once the dreamer woke up.

Sehun’s lips were pressed on Luhan’s.

“Dean Park. I’m taking the scholarship.”

“Okay? I thought you didn’t want it. Why the sudden change of heart? Something happened Chanyeol-ssi?”

“Unexpected things can change unyielding decisions.”

“That’s deep. Also, call me Leeteuk.” A chuckle was heard from the other line. “I already got your a plane ticket to Paris a long time ago. You can leave anytime you want. ”

“I want to leave tonight if possible.”

“Okay. Are you packed? I’ll pick you up at 7.”

“Thank you.”

On the way out of the hospital, the gift shop looked a little to interesting. There were stuffed toys, lots of them, jewelries, bags, candies, even ice creams. Chanyeol left with a stack of blue sticky notes two red sharpies, and a recipe book.

“Flight AP4MSI to Paris, France.

Chanyeol looked the plane ticket in hand, eyes lingering on the date written on the far left corner of the sheet.

2013.11.27

“Happy birthday Chanyeol-ah! I miss you!” Says the text his sister just sent him before he decided to leave his mobile phone, along with Sehun’s, on the kitchen counter right on top of the recipe book he got.

“Learn how to cook.” The letters were big, and red on the blue sticky note.

He started chuckling as tears freely rolled down his cheeks once more, memories about a certain promise made a long time ago stabbing his whole being.

“Promise me.”

“Yeah?”

“On my next birthdays, we will celebrate it together. All of them.”

“I promise.”

Chanyeol really wasn’t sure who to blame for the broken promise. Was it him? Or was it the boy he once dreamt of perfection about? Would it be worth it to blame? To get mad? To hate?  He wanted to do both yet he couldn’t seem to feel anything. It was just all emptiness, shallow emptiness, graced with untreated wounds and covered up scars slowly creeping up every fiber of his whole being.

“Flight AP4MSI to Paris, France.

A love sick puppy’s stupid idea of romance really was pathetic. Perfection really didn’t exist. Dreamers did wake up. Everything was just a ploy that fate decided to play on him. All that left was emptiness, nothing else.

2017.05.30 Tuesday Seoul, South Korea

It was that time of the year when Chanyeol couldn’t distinguish if it was still spring or was it already summer. The sun was too hot yet the wind was too chilly. Cherry blossoms were still blooming yet hyacinths were starting to wither. It hasn’t even been a week since he got back to Korea but it almost felt like his life had once again, turned upside down. Cars slowly stuck in traffic as rush hour hit the city; the bus would probably be at least five minutes late.

“Hey. You should hurry.”

Two cups of bubble tea felt cold in his grip – one chocolate one taro – felt a little too heavy as a pair of round eyes grazed over a message sent on his phone. Park Chanyeol started wishing that time would stop ticking, and the world would stop spinning as he sprinted his way towards a familiar path towards that huge building in the middle of Mok-dong, ignoring the sticky liquid spilling on his hands and clothes as he bumped into random passerbys earning him a few curses.

The world suddenly became a little too irrelevant when it had been stated how the universe and time would never stop moving for the sake of one. Pretending that life was like fair with endless paths that would all lead to a paradise was almost like being a mocking bird – imitating sounds that was never theirs. It was like chasing a falcon soaring up the sky without realizing that there was a cliff waiting at the end. The world is cruel and obnoxious – a lesson people should learn always chose to ignore. The universe is like an endless cycle of pretending and ignorance, overlooking the fact that maybe the cycle would end somehow beyond the lather, wash, repeat theorems. Time limits are unavoidable. Endings are inevitable.

“The doctor said I can’t drink bubble tea anymore.” The pout plastered on thin lips all the way across the world was still clear in his mind. Winter in Paris was the worst yet the burning sensation under his eyelids was causing his eyes to water. “He said it’s choking hazard. What am I? Five?”

“No, but you act like one.” Kyungsoo appeared in the corner, a bowl of soup in hand. “I made you kimchi stew. Shut up and eat.”

“But I want bubble tea.” Sehun whined.

“See, I told you. Five years old.” Wide, sad eyes turned to his direction. Without any words spoken, a message of pleading was sent. With just one look, he knew that Kyungsoo was just trying to be strong for all of them. Both of them knew the truth, all of them did.

Time limits are unavoidable. Endings are inevitable.

Jongin stopped talking about dancing. Jongdae and Baekhyun became a little too chirpy, making lame jokes and pranks every five seconds. Joonmyeon would just sit silently in the corner, watching, listening. Minseok would slouch in another corner, smiling silently as he watched an old friend’s eyes turn into slits as the younger laughed along with the others. Yixing dropped by once with a box of cupcakes. Zitao would come every Wednesday, talking endlessly until the wee hours of the night, keeping his friend entertained. Kyungsoo refused to go home yet was always getting dragged by Jongin as Baekhyun quickly grabbed the stack of plates and cups that slowly accumulated on a small table in the four-cornered room. Luhan and Kris would say hi once in a while – shared some awkward whispers and apologetic smiles. Everything seemed so normal yet so different. From the university’s cafeteria, lunch breaks and weekends were spent in a four-cornered room, with an awfully light green painted walls, and air that smelled like antiseptics.

Chanyeol wanted to cry yet Kyungsoo’s eyes were imploring. Please don’t. They said. Jongin’s head shook from the corner as the younger’s eyes wavered from the computer screen towards the pale boy sitting in the middle of a bed, wrapped in a very boring set of white sheets. Please don’t cry. Joonmyeon was sitting in the far corner of the room, watching him intently as he forced a smile. The elder just nodded. Good job.

“Sehun-ah. Listen to Kyungsoo okay?”

I will be strong. I need to be. For the both of us.

Sehun eyes locked on his.

 I know you want to cry. I’m sorry.

“Okay.”

The video call ended with Kyungsoo forcing a spoonful of kimchi stew in Sehun’s mouth and Jongin whining about Kyungsoo never fed him like how the elder did Sehun. Joonmyeon just threw a pillow in Jongin’s face before the elder bid good bye to help Minseok close the comic shop. And Chanyeol, trying his hardest not to shed a tear as his eyes traveled towards a small screen right beside the bed – red lines curved up and down along with annoying beeping sounds that would always haunt him in his sleep.

“Hyung I want bubble tea.” Were Sehun’s first words when Chanyeol arrived at the hospital, luggage still in tow.

“Yes. Yes of course. How could I forget?” He chuckled, trying to mask the silent tears slowly trailing down his face. “Should I get you one right now?” baritone voice shaky, as he reached for a familiar mop of brown hair he had long missed. A kiss was placed on pale, white forehead. “I missed you.”

“Not yet. Stay with me for now.” The screen said. Chanyeol’s whole being shivered. “Hyung. I love you. I’ve always did. I will always do.”

It was the first time Oh Sehun told Park Chanyeol that he loved him. Sweet yet heartbreaking. He would rather hear those words from the younger, than reading it from a screen, but who was he to complain?

Sehun lost his ability to speak a few months after he went back to Korea. The doctor said the disease progression was faster than what they could have had predicted. It started with the numbness of limbs, quickly followed by paralysis and inability to speak. The boy started wearing oxygen mask in his sleep that was soon ordered to be worn twenty four seven.

“It would help him breathe but I will not help with the progression of the disease.” The doctor, Cho Kyuhyun, even added before he left the room.

“Sehun-ah.” Chanyeol’s voice dithered as air quickly escaped his lungs.

He discerned he shouldn’t chase falcons when he perfectly knew there was cliff waiting for him in the end yet the labyrinth seemed to be calling out his name – maybe it was the mocking bird, copying the cry of his paradise. Or maybe it was just him, pretending that perfection would still exist beyond all the clichés and nostalgias. Maybe it was the dreamer that refused to impede confusing his dreams from reality. It really was him, silently hoping, praying, wishing, that maybe someday, somehow, his dreams and his idea of perfection would turn into reality.

But it was already given that the world is cruel and obnoxious.

A few pairs of familiar eyes trailed him as he mustered a smile and slowly cracked the door open. Women dressed in white, along with Dr. Cho were running around the small, four-cornered room with awfully light green painted walls and air that smelled like antiseptics. Bright red cart, with drawers was sitting right beside the bed. The haunting beeping of the screen made his head hurt yet it didn’t stop him from walking towards the pale, scrawny figure lying on the bed.

“Sehun-ah. I got your bubble tea. Chocolate. Your favorite.”

Tears fell as a hand tapped his shoulder.

“You shouldn’t be here Chanyeol-ssi. Please step outside”

Dr. Cho’s eyes lingered on his.

I will do my best. I will save him. I promise.

There was a nod, followed by silent sob. The labyrinth was slowly falling apart as his dreams and ideas crashed, quickly falling down the cliff. The beeping sound disappeared, replaced by a prolonged monotonous flat piercing sound that pierced his soul.

“Clear!” Dr. Cho’s voice echoed inside his head, as the door closed behind him.

2017.05.30 Tuesday Seoul, South Korea

Park Chanyeol, the dreamer awoke from his dream, lost his idea of perfection and let go of the sight of the falcon. Park Chanyeol, the mocking bird finally surrendered to reality. 

STILL UNBETA-ED

Reposting coz I accidentally deleted the previous post lmfao. A little stupid I know I know..

again, part's not mine .. credits go to my granny femme_x_fatale 
epilogue should be done soon

also, please do upvote if you liked my story .. it would be greatly appreciated 

xoxo - rin