Autobiography

Sanctuary

Chapter I: Autobiography

 

“Wait what happened to my kitchen?”

“Sehun broke the table.”

“Excuse me?!”

“I had on the kitchen table with a guy, I think his name Jaejin or something, and I broke it. Happy now?”

“That’s ing disgusting.” Jongdae commented as he munched on his French fry. “I am eating here.”

“It didn’t seem to bother you when I caught you watching while eating a bowl of cheerios.” Sehun paused, smirk slowly curving his thin lips. “At six o’clock in the morning.”

“ for breakfast, I see. I am totally judging you right now Kim Jongdae.” Minseok – Chanyeol’s coworker and childhood friend; an older boy with puffy cheeks and chinky eyes – who suddenly popped out of nowhere butted in.

“That was a project for my humanities class.”

“You’re majoring in music Kim Jongdae. You don’t take humanities.” Chanyeol stole a chip from Sehun’s bag. The younger swatted his hand but not fast enough to keep him from committing his crime. He just grinned at the boy as the younger pushed his food away from the hungry giant beside him. They both knew that Chanyeol would just leech off Sehun’s lunch. It was an every day event.

“ you all.” Jonghae muttered.

“Sure. When?” Sehun blatantly asked, making the whole table laugh, except for one – Kyungsoo. The man had his eyebrow so high it almost reached his hairline. His naturally big round eyes looked like they were going to explode. His ears were red and everybody knew what that meant. Chanyeol had seen it before, quite a few times actually.

First was when Chanyeol set the kitchen on fire trying to make some ramen in the middle of the night. Second was when Minseok refused to eat the birthday cake Kyungsoo baked for him because he said he was on a diet. But the worst was when Kyungsoo found out, after hours of torture and blackmails, what exactly happened to Sehun that night – emitting, of course, the part where Chanyeol took advantage of his drunk and very broken hearted best friend. Even Sehun himself couldn’t remember it happened, so why bother? Chanyeol decided it should just be left that way. Kyungsoo would probably slap him the face so hard, with a spatula, it would bruise. Like what he did to Luhan. Or put some sort of elixir in his food that would make him live in the toilet for about a week and a half, like what accidentally happened to Kris after a random boy with round eyes and read hair gave him a box of cookies. Angry Do Kyungsoo was very terrifying.

“What happened to my kitchen and my table again?!” Kyungsoo’s usually sweet voice rung inside their heads, making the laughter subsides rather quickly. The man didn’t even yell, he just merely asked a question yet everybody fell silent as they formulated the quickest way to escape Kyungsoo’s wrath. Again, an angry Do Kyungsoo is a very terrifying Do Kyungsoo.

Kyungsoo already named the kitchen in Sehun and Chanyeol’s apartment as his own. The two never used it anyway, properly at least. They would always end up calling Kyungsoo, who lived a few floors below them, and ask for some food donations. Both boys were imbecile in the kitchen, barely recognizing the difference between sugar and iodized salt, and somehow always found a way to set something on fire – Kyungsoo once took it as a sign of pyromaniac. Kyungsoo would always find burnt pans and pots hidden either under the sink or the pantry. He even found one in Chanyeol’s closet once; there was also a slice of pizza beside it, providing a very cozy home for what he guessed was a month old of mold. He almost threw up. The two boys thought he wouldn’t notice. After a few months of constant phone calls, elevator rides and occasional walks up a few flights of stairs, it had become a habit for Kyungsoo to cook for the two. He would come over on the weekends, or whenever he was off from his part time job at the bar to cook a few days worth of food and sometimes even cleaning up a little a bit when he felt like it. It was like having a cleaning lady for free, Chanyeol would say. The tall boy got a smack in the head and starved for a week. He also got banned from the kitchen after a few broken smoke alarms and scolding from the fire fighters. Youngwoon was the name of one of them – a bulky guy with a cute eye smile and contagious laugh. They would call him hyung and they would get a smack on the head. “Don’t get too familiar with me. You boys are still in trouble.” He would say. The elder sent them a fire extinguisher for Christmas. Chanyeol specifically got a small pocketbook with a red cover and bright yellow letters for its title: How to not set something on fire. He never actually thought such book existed, until he noticed the author’s name. Kim Youngwoon. It made Chanyeol’s Christmas so blissful.
Oh Sehun wasn’t banned from the kitchen, not yet at least.

“Oh Sehun.” The boy almost choked. “You are not allowed to touch anything in my kitchen anymore. Not even to eat or get anything from the fridge.”

“But hyung-“

“No more buts. You’re not allowed in my kitchen until you buy a new dining table.” Kyungsoo looked at him from head to toe. Sehun suddenly felt so tiny. “Something with a better quality. I prefer veneer top by the way. They look classy.”

“How am I gonna eat then?”

“I don’t know. I don’t really care at the moment. Ask Chanyeol.” Kyungsoo paused. “or Jongdae. He’s always home. He doesn’t have a life.”

Laughter echoed in the cafeteria once more. It seemed like it was Jongdae’s lucky day, getting a taste of his own medicine the whole day. Baekyun snorted his soda out. Sehun was laughing so hard his eyes disappeared into slits while clapping like a lost seal. Jongdae was just pouting with a piece of lettuce sticking out of his mouth. Kyungsoo was still mad yet started snickering after Baekhyun snorted his soda for the second time, liquid landing on Jongdae’s burger. The elder didn’t seem to notice and took another bite. It was hilarious. Chanyeol would also laugh if his mind wasn’t just wandering on its own, thinking about how did the whole ordeal about Sehun even started.

“The pain that I went through, I can’t go through that again. I just can’t.” Sehun’s words were still clear in Chanyeol’s head. Chanyeol brought Sehun to the beach a few days after the incident. He got tired of watching his best friend mope and wallow in his bed, baby sitting his broken heart. The boy needed some fresh air and a shower too. He would probably push the younger into the ocean to rid of the rink caused by not showering for a few days mixed with alcohol, sweat, and kimchi.
No pushing happened.

They just sat on the sand, occasionally wrapping arms around shivering bodies. The heat of the flickering bonfire would have been enough to suppress the cold yet skinship had always been a habit. Stargazing, random overly animated chatting, and listening to the waves became a little too boring after a while. None wanted to go back home. Out of boredom, and curiosity, a question was dropped – baritone voice almost croaking.

“What’s gonna happen now? What do you plan to do after this?”

Dawn broke.

Dark brown hair now blonde, sometimes pink, sometimes silver, one time green – never again said the boy, even multicolored for a about a month and a half. Adorable crescent eyes were replaced with coldness and indifference. The boy that used to dream to be an architect switched to dancing. Shy, quiet boy started sleeping around. It pained Chanyeol yet he knew he couldn’t do much.

He could probably write a whole autobiography about Sehun’s flings. Chanyeol would bet, he talked to those guys more than Sehun did.

Byun Baekhyun was the first. Not exactly Sehun’s type, he was sure of it. The boy was probably just testing the waters. They met at the registrar’s office in their university when Sehun transferred to the performing arts department. Baekhyun was Kyungsoo and Jongdae’s rival for the number one spot in the music department – he found out after asking around about who was this skinny boy with blonde hair and never ending stories. The fling only lasted for a few days. Baekhyun started hanging out with the group and even got a spot at Kyungsoo’s part time job, singing at bar two blocks from their university.

“Awesome! More geeks!” Jongdae exclaimed the first time Byun Baekhyun sat down with them for lunch. He received a smack on the head from Junmyeon accompanied by a “Don’t scare him you idiot!”

There was also a Chinese boy. Huang Zitao was his name. That one had a very innocent face yet bore a pair of very deadly eyes, and a very deadly knowledge in martial arts. Chanyeol experienced it first hand when he came home late from work and he was guessing Tao was on his way out. Sehun never lets anybody sleep over. The boy said it was part of the charm. Chanyeol dislocated his shoulder that night and got a huge bruise on his lower back. He could still feel the pain just by thinking about it. He would still involuntarily flinch whenever he would see the Chinese lurking around their university. The boy would just smile at him, apologetically.

The next was another Chinese. He had seen the elder a few times in their university. Zhang Yixing – one of the top students in the dance department. Nothing really happened between Sehun and Yixing. Chanyeol just found the elder really amusing, worth remembering.
“Sehun-ah, did you get me my earplugs? I really need to get some sleep tonight. And you gotta stop turning our apartment into a brothel.” Chanyeol yelled while trying to fix the mug he dropped, Kyungsoo would throw him off a cliff if he didn’t, when he heard some shuffling by the door. The next thing he knew, Yixing already went scrambling out of their building. Sehun just kicked his shin and muttered “ you.” They just watched horror movies all night. Chanyeol had to run to the store early in the morning to find a replacement for the mug.

The last one he actually cared about was Kim Jongin, also from the dance department. Chanyeol wasn’t really very fond of the guy at first. He was a little too airy and a little too popular; definitely Sehun’s taste. Jongin was nice though, he was the only one that could match Chanyeol’s hyper activeness. They would usually just start randomly running around and laughing for no apparent reason. After a month, Jongin stopped seeing Sehun and started following Kyungsoo around. Kyungsoo and Jongin had been officially dating for about three months. They make a really good couple. Jongin was totally whipped.

Chanyeol stopped mingling with Sehun’s love affairs. He lost track actually. It was too much. He just gave up.

Sehun would often come home late, either drunk or with different guys, sometimes girls, sometimes both, sometimes a mix of everything. His grades dropped drastically, making him lose his spot in the university’s soccer team as well as the scholarship that came with it. If the boy just wasn’t such an awesome dancer the university would have probably kicked him out after his fifth F. Chanyeol would just sometimes find himself rummaging through Sehun’s desk, looking for untouched homework and unfinished papers. Chanyeol even once just found himself unconsciously spending three hours writing a paper about the history of dance. Park Chanyeol’s major was filmmaking.

Chanyeol just sighed, dark-rimmed spectacles falling on the bridge of his nose. Everybody was still laughing over something he really didn’t have any idea what anymore. He just heard about something Jongdae doing something really devilish, again, to Baekhyun during their rehearsal for the summer musical. The blonde launched himself across the table in attempt to grab Jongdae’s neck but was forcefully pushed back to his chair by Sehun.

“Behave.”

“Get your filthy paw off my face. I will strangle that er to death!” Baekhyun warned the boy who didn’t seem to care at all.

“No killing of friends during lunch break.” Junmyeon, one of their seniors smiled as he took a seat beside Jongdae. Junmyeon was also the manager slash owner of the tacky comic book shop Chanyeol worked at. “And no humiliating the group either. Everybody’s looking. You guys are too loud.”

“Buy us a meal and we’ll shut up.” The guy was also stinking rich and would usually buy them a meal once in a while

One o’clock in the afternoon.

Lunch break ended.

note: proofread 2013.09.21

A/N: sorry for the short update .. this is just a short character introductions .. also, thanks for commenting and subscribing!

and oh ..

COMMENTS = UPDATES

and is anybody wiling to make a banner for me? pretty please? or just recommend where I can request for one?

xoxo - rin