Fiction and Fact

Not Like the Movies

Chanyeol hummed as he entered the next class. He sat at his usual seat and started happily at the window. He couldn’t contain the happiness he was feeling. His surprise made Sooyoung very happy, and as his boyfriend, it made Chanyeol very happy too.

FLASHBACK

Chanyeol anxiously waited for Sooyoung. Kyungsoo and Sungjong went to her classroom to go pick her up, while he waited for them with a pink box and a pink balloon attached to a string.

“Why so sudden Yeol?” Jongin asked.

“Yeah, and where were you yesterday?” Myungsoo asked too.

“He was with Baekhyun in a faraway place.” Jongin whispered to Myungsoo, but making sure that Chanyeol was able to hear it. The giant gave Jongin a death glare, making the two laugh.

“So that’s why you’re doing this.” Myungsoo added a little teasing tone with his statement.

“So, what did you and Baekhyun do there?” Jongin asked.

“Nothing much” Chanyeol easily said. He didn’t want anyone to know about what happened between him and Baekhyun while they were alone.

Jongin was about to ask more but he suddenly found Kyungsoo with Sooyoung and Sungjong.

“They’re here Yeol!” Jongin said. Chanyeol took a deep breath and stood up.

“Good luck dude.” Myungsoo said.

“What is this guys?” Sooyoung asked to both Sungjong and Kyungsoo. “Chanyeol? What is all this?”

“Well, I know you’re angry at me. And I’m sorry for being a stupid boyfriend.” The scene started to draw a little crowd. “I’m sorry for being stupid and I love you Sooyoung.”

The crowed cooed and shouted in excitement.

“Can you please forgive me?” Chanyeol said. The crowd started to chant ‘yes’, making Sooyoung blush and smile. She inched closer to Chanyeol .

“Of course Chanyeol oppa.” The crowd cheered and shouted. Chanyeol gave Sooyoung the box and the balloon he was holding.

“Kiss!” The fan chanted next. Sooyoung blush while Chanyeol smiled awkwardly. He leaned in and gave Sooyoung a peck on the lips, making the crowd go wilder.

“Okay, settle down.” The teacher said as he entered. Chanyeol was still smiling like an idiot when his name was called. “Chanyeol”

“Oh, present sir.”

“I know, stop spacing out.” The class laughed. “By the way, where’s Mr. Byun?” Chanyeol looked at Baekhyun’s seat and it was empty.

“I don’t know sir, he was here this morning.” The teacher continued to check the attendance.

Chanyeol stared at the blank seat again. It was very rare of Baekhyun to skip class. Worry started to build up inside him, but Chanyeol took a deep breath and tried to calm down.

‘I’m sure Baekhyun’s fine.’

---

It was already lunch time and Baekhyun was still nowhere to be found. Sungjong was already getting worried. He had this weird feeling that something’s wrong.

As the crowd cheered on the couple, the other just watched.

“That’s so sweet right?” Kyungsoo said, watching the couple in awe. “Why can’t you be sweet like Chanyeol?” Kyungsoo slapped Jongin’s shoulder.

“I can be sweet to Kyung” Jongin whispered. “As sweet as you want me to be.”

Kyungsoo blushed and slapped Jongin again. But he had to admit, Jongin’s voice sent shivers to his whole body.

“Jongie, everything alright?” Myungsoo asked, a bit worried with his boyfriend’s sudden change in expression.

“Nothing, I’m just a bit worried about Baekhyun. Where is he anyways?”

“I don’t know really. I haven’t seen him since this morning. He’ll pop out at lunch, so don’t worry okay?” Sungjong nodded, but he was still worried.

Sungjong found it weird that no one in their table was looking for Baekhyun.

Chanyeol was busy with Sooyoung.

Jongin and Kyungsoo are being all greasy.

While Myungsoo was busy eating.

Sungjong decided to look for Baekhyun. He stood up and took his bag.

“I’m going to look for Baekhyun.” He said. Sungjong gave Myungsoo a kiss before leaving. Except for Myungsoo, none of them noticed Sungjong leave.

Sungjong rushed out of the cafeteria and thought of places where Baekhyun would go. He started with the library. He checked the people inside but none of them was Baekhyun.

Sungjong went to the music room, but it was locked.

Sungjong tried the gym, but no one was there.

‘Where is he?’ Sungjong tried calling his phone, but no one was answering.

As he walked through the hall, he suddenly had an idea. He rushed to the kitchen to check if Baekhyun was there. Sungjong pushed the door and entered.

‘This is his class before break time.’ Sungjong carefully checked each counters. As he passed by 3 counters, he found a person lying on the floor on the fourth one.

“Baekhyun!” Sungjong rushed to the other. Sungjong nudged Baekhyun. When Baekhyun wasn’t responding, Sungjong ran outside.

“Yongguk!” Sungjong said. “Please, help me.” Sungjong dragged Yongguk inside.

“What happened?” Yongguk asked.

“It’s Baekhyun. Please help me take him to the clinic.” Yongguk carefully carried Baekhyun in his arms while Sungjong took his things.

“Please, get out of the way.” Yongguk shouted as he carried Baekhyun.

They reached the clinic. Sungjong quickly pushed the door and Yongguk carefully went inside. He placed Baekhyun to the nearest bed.

“What happened?” The nurse asked.

“We don’t know. I found him unconscious inside the kitchen room.” Sungjong said.

“Well okay, please wait outside so the doctor can check up on him.” Sungjong didn’t want to leave, but Yongguk dragged him out of the room.

Sungjong sat and shook his head.

“I knew something was up.”

“Hey Jongie, I need to go. Tell me if Byun’s alright.”

“Sure Yongguk, thank you.”

After 10 long minutes of waiting, the door opened.

“Mr. Lee, please come in.” The nurse said. Sungjong hurriedly entered the room.

“How is he Ma’am?”

“The doctor said he’s fine. Maybe he didn’t get enough sleep and did some heavy work. He’s already awake if you want to talk to him.” Sungjong nodded and thanked. He walked past the curtains and found Baekhyun looking at him.

“Hey Jongie” Baekhyun said weakly.

“Are you feeling okay Baek?” Baekhyun nodded.

“Yeah, I am. Thanks for finding me.” Sungjong sat next to Baekhyun.

“What happened to you Baek?”

“All I can remember was cleaning my working station and well, everything went black.” Baekhyun let out a chuckle.

“Didn’t you get enough sleep?” Baekhyun shook his head.

“I didn’t get to sleep at all last night.”

“Always remember to get enough sleep okay? Where were you yesterday?”

“I was with Chanyeol. He took me to their cottage near the sea.”

“Really? Why?” Baekhyun sighed.

“Nothing, he told me he wanted to make it up for me.” Baekhyun lied. He didn’t want to diss out Chanyeol.

“Well thank goodness you’re okay. You had me worried Baek.” Sungjong said.

“I’m fine Jongie, okay? So breathe.” Both of them laughed. “But, I’m tired too.”

“You should rest more.”

“No, I’m tired of all the drama Jongie. I’m tired of crying and I’m tired of hoping.”

“Baek...”

“I’m going to like Suho hyung, no matter what happens.” Baekhyun said, smiling at Sungjong. The latter didn’t want to argue with him, so he decided to stay quiet.

“You should rest more Baekhyun. I’ll go tell your teachers that you won’t be going to their classes today.” Sungjong squeezed Baekhyun’s hand and stood up.

“Call Suho hyung for me okay? Tell him to come pick me up.” Baekhyun said as he closed his eyes.

“Sure Baek.” Sungjong went out. “Thank you Ma’am.” Sungjong bowed at the nurse before leaving.

The bell rang, meaning it was time for their next class. Sungjong started walking again.

“Hey Jongie.” Myungsoo appeared. “So, did you find Baek?”

“Yeah, he’s in the clinic. I’ll tell you about it later, but can you come with me first? I need to do something for Baekhyun.” Myungsoo nodded and they both started walking.

---

It was second to the last class and Chanyeol was still feeling happy. He felt contented with what he did for his girlfriend. Seeing Sooyoung smile made him very happy.

Before the class could start, Sungjong entered the room and handed a small piece of paper to the teacher. The teacher nodded and thanked Sungjong. This made Chanyeol very curious.

“So Mr. Byun won’t be joining us today since he’s in the clinic. Anyway, please open your books to page 152.”

‘What happened to Baekhyun?’ This made Chanyeol worry. He wanted to leave the room and go visit Baekhyun, but because he missed a class yesterday, he couldn’t afford to skip it again.

---

As soon as the final bell rang, Chanyeol rushed out of the classroom and went to the clinic. He pushed the door open and found Baekhyun talking to the nurse.

“Well, thanks again Ma’am. I’d better be going.” Baekhyun said.

“No problem Mr. Byun, do take care of yourself okay?” Baekhyun nodded.

“Thanks again!” Baekhyun said. Before Chanyeol could say anything, Baekhyun dragged the giant out.

“What happened to you?” Chanyeol asked.

“I fainted from fatigue Yeol.” Baekhyun simply said.

“What? When?”

“After cooking class. It’s no big deal, all I needed was rest.”

“Why are you saying it like it wasn’t a big deal?”

“Because it’s not Yeol. I’m fine now, that’s that.” Baekhyun started to walk.

“Where are you going?” Chanyeol asked as he followed Baekhyun.

“Home, why?”

“Let me drive you.” Before Baekhyun could answer, their attention was caught by another person.

“Oppa!” Sooyoung shouted.

“You should drive her home Yeol.” Baekhyun said. “Suho hyung’s here for me. You can tell me all about what happened with your surprise tomorrow.”

“Ugh, fine Baek.”

“Oppa!” Sooyoung clung onto Chanyeol. “Can we go?” Chanyeol chuckled and nodded.

“Yeah, yeah. Have you eaten the cinnamon roll?”

“Yes oppa. It was so good!” Sooyoung giggled. Once again, they had their own world and Baekhyun felt like a third wheel, but this time, he didn’t let his emotions get the best of him. They made it out of the school.

“Come on Baek, let us give you a ride home.” Chanyeol tried again.

“Baekhyun!” Another person shouted.

“Oh, hey hyung!” Baekhyun shouted back. “I’ll see you guys tomorrow.” Chanyeol watched as Baekhyun inched closer to Suho. They were talking and smiling, making Chanyeol feel irritated.

“Oppa, let’s go?” Chanyeol nodded and they made their way to his car.

---

“Hey hyung” Suho hummed. “Tomorrow’s a Saturday.”

“I know Baek, and so?”

“Have you forgotten something?” Baekhyun teased.

“Would you think I’d forget our date Baek?”

“Nope, I was just reminding you.”

“Then it’s settled then.” Suho said. “Just promise me one thing.”

“What is it?”

“When we’re on our date, no talking about Chanyeol okay?” Baekhyun hummed. He would love that too.

“Promise hyung.”

“And speaking of, you have a lot of explaining Baekhyun.” Suho seemed very serious.

“Fine, I’ll tell you once we get home.”

Suho noticed how the smile on Baekhyun’s face never died down.

“Why are you so happy?” Suho cocked an eyebrow.

“I guess you can say I’m excited for our date tomorrow hyung.” Baekhyun giggled.

‘Me too Baek, I’m very excited.’

 

 

 

So I decided to do a double update!! Lol, leave your comments okay? Saranghae! <3