Chapter Two

Angel of the Night

Junsu always hated taking a child’s life. They were so innocent, so pure. This one had begged for his mother in his last minutes of life, causing this angel of death a last moment of pity as he held the child in his arms momentarily to sooth the child’s pain. “You will see your Umma again…I promise…” Junsu said to the child before then leaning down to the head in his lap and pressing his lips to the child’s to take his soul and send it along where it went.

 

Once is job there was done, Junsu left the scene with a heavy heart. Sure, the angel of death may enjoy taking lives, may enjoy the suffering of men and women, however when it came to children he had a soft spot. Maybe it had to do with his previous life, who knew. It didn’t really matter though. He couldn’t pick and choose who got taken. So when it was a child’s time he attempted to sooth their pain as much as possible and take them quickly so they wouldn’t have to suffer.

 

Walking through Seoul as invisible as smoke, Junsu spotted an all too familiar figure not too far ahead of him entering an apartment building. With nothing better to do, Junsu followed the guardian angel with a smirk on his face. Since he could choose whether others saw him or not, and he could choose his physical state, Junsu was easily able to follow through the door and up the stairs were Jaejoong was following his master up to his apartment.

 

YooChun was completely unaware of the two following him as is heavy feet practically dragged up the stairs. “Busy day?” Junsu asked Jaejoong who pretended to act as if he wasn’t there. “Aigoo after all these years, you’re going to give me the cold shoulder?” Junsu asked with a barking laugh and then quickened his step to stand between JaeJoong and Yoochun. This finally elicited a response out of the dark haired angel as he quickly reached his hand forward and grabbed Junsu by the throat.  “Ahhh touchy touchy!” Junsu said, a sly smile forming on his lips as he wiggled is eyebrows at the other.

 

What are you doing here? Trying to take another life?” JaeJoong asked, looking over his shoulder at YooChun who just pushed his apartment key into the doorknob. Junsu knew he was worried about his beloved master, something that made JunSu sick to his stomach…if he was actually able to get sick to his stomach. “Do you think that’s all I do? Take lives?” Junsu asked with a smirk on his face. The smirk only deepened when the other replied with a flat “Yes” before then dropping his hand from JunSu’s throat and then walking through the now closed door with ease.

 

Finding amusement in this, JunSu followed through the door and started to look around the apartment. “Love what you guys did with the place. So cozy…” Junsu teased as his eyes scanned around. Turning around to then walk over to the couch YooChun had just sunk into, Junsu was instantly met by JaeJoong’s glaring eyes as he made like a barrier between Yoochun and Junsu. “Seriously? Aigoo I’m not going to kill him, relaxxx” JunSu said, poking the guardian with his index finger and then walking past to plop down next to YooChun.

 

If you’re not here to try to kill him, then why are you here? Is your job that slow lately?” JaeJoong asked, walking over to the two with his arms crossed across his chest. “Honestly? I just wanted to see your pretty face~” JunSu said in a mocking tone before then bursting out with a laugh and then s an arm around YooChun who was starting at a beer commercial through rather bored eyes. “You know…I could make myself seen. Right now. Just...snap…and your precious master will be able to see into our world…” JunSu said, his hand hovering inches above YooChun’s head.

 

You know that’s illegal…” JaeJoong said, referencing to the rules all angels were to live by. “Ne, but it’d be fun” Junsu said, winking towards JaeJoong. “What’s the worse that they can do to me? Make me serve them for eternity? Make me like YOU? Make me human?” The last one wasn’t too bad to think about honestly. When you’d been doing his job for as long as he was, sometimes it was tempting to be normal; to lose his wings and live in the human world. Not that he actually had wings. “Don’t you dare. If you show yourself…you can’t undo it. He’ll see us both…” Seeing the fear in JaeJoong’s eyes, Junsu smirked with laugh and leaned forward, removing his hand from hovering above the other. “Ahhhh you have me shaking in my boots!” Junsu said, quickly slapping his hand to his knees and moving to stand up. “What, afraid he won’t love you if he saw you for real??” Junsu asked, walking a casual circle around JaeJoong, watching him watch him back.

 

No, I simply fear for his sanity…You know what happens to humans able to see angels…” JaeJoong replied, turning his large doll-like eyes back towards his master, biting on his lower lip some. “Well then…I guess it’s your job to make sure I don’t do…THIS!” Junsu started out casually before then sprinting towards the male seated on the couch. He honestly expected the guardian angel to stop him in time. He had no intentions to piss off the powers above. Definitely not. JaeJoong hadn’t moved in time, however, and he’d already gotten enough of a head start that when Jaejoong went to tackle Junsu not to touch his human, the two barreled over and knocked into YooChun.

 

Making contact with the human body, the two knocked the couch over and Junsu’s unintended actions went into effect as he gave Yoochun the power to be able to see him. All it took was a simple touch to the human’s forehead and he was given the sight. When all three toppled over in the couch, Junsu had touched his forehead and then when everything came to a stop, the angel of death rubbed his head some to clear it of the fuzziness he felt from transferring that much power.

 

Wh-what?! Who are you?! What are you--??” A voice could be heard coming from the frightened human as he looked on the scene of two darkly dressed men in his living room that hadn’t been there minutes before.

 

Oops”