Chapter One

Angel of the Night

Leaning over his most recent target, Junsu could feel the warmth in her body slip away as her soul disappeared to where it was destined to go. With nothing but a cold corpse left in his arms, the angel of Death moved to stand up just when he heard feet coming his way. Someone had obviously seen the woman laying on the ground there and thought to come and see if she was okay and possibly try to save her. Not that they could. she was a lost cause. He made sure of that! Turning around abruptly as the person came closer, Junsu recognized the familiar face that looked upon the scene in horror. Park YooChun, a rather pesky individual who just wouldnt die. Not far behind him came his ever persistent guardian angel, Jaejoong.
 
All angels had a name at one point. A body. A life. Then when it's their time to move on to an afterlife, their souls are chosen what theyll do based on their life before death. Before he died, Junsu must have been the type of person who loved to watch people suffer, though like others who have passed on after life, he wasn't able to remember anything from his living life. Because of that pleasure, Junsu was made an angel of death. He wasn't evil, nor was he good. All people must die, its the ultimate payment for the luxury of being able to live. He doesnt get to choose who lives and who dies, nor does he get to choose when/where/why/how they go. Junsu is simply given a target and a time. The golden haired bringer of death then goes to the designated place and assuming their guardian has moved on or isn't currently around, he delivers the kiss of death that breaks the bond between their soul and their body.
 
Humans, unless they were on Death's list, werent able to see or hear angels. So, watching Yoochun run right through him and towards the corpse on the ground, Junsu smirked in pleasure. "Its a shame he has such a clingy guardian..." Junsu teased, turning towards JaeJoong who was glaring Junsu down. "Aigoo dont get your in a bunch...its not his time yet sweetheart..." Junsu said with a laugh and then moved closer to Yoochun and the body he was trying to revive. It was a lost cause though. His work there was done and her soul was long gone.
 
Watching as Yoochun  continued to pound against the woman's chest in an attempt to restart her heart, Junsu knelt down and looked at the male's worried expression. Sweat had already started to collect on his brow as he did CPR for a few minutes, calling for help between breaths. No one came though. It was too late at night and people stopped caring by this point. Most people anyways. That's why Junsu liked to work at night. There was no chance of pesky people like YooChun here coming to the rescue before the soul moved on.
 
Feeling a hand on his shoulder, JunSu looked up to see JaeJoong standing over him in a threatening manner before saying, "You're done here. Go back to your master and leave mine alone..." His words were soft yet threatening. A typical guardian angel really. Their goal was to watch over a person from their birth until their death. Some were more persistant than others. JaeJoong...was far too persistant for Junsu's liking. You see, Park YooChun's name had been on Junsu's list several times over the years, and yet every time Junsu went to collect his prize, JaeJoong made SOMETHING happen to keep the kid alive. He overstepped his boundaries and the agreement between the angels by doing that, and yet higher powers allowed JaeJoong to stay by Yoochun's side.
 
"Fine fine. No need to be so pushy" Junsu cooed at the other with a playful smile on his eyes. There was a constant crazed expression in Junsu's eyes as he looked at others. Perhaps it was all the souls he took, or perhaps it was all the scenes he'd seen before people's last moments. Either way, he definitely wasn't a sane individual. Far from it