Chapter Three

Angel of the Night

Oops was right. Junsu was an idiot. What angel of death in their right mind would go out of their way to make a human see them? Even if it was a joke, it was a sick and very cruel joke. JaeJoong looked at his human who was looking between the two of them and then stood up. “I can explain…” JaeJoong started, only for Junsu to cut him off and move forward. “We’re your guardian angels…” Junsu said, causing JaeJoong a glance. “We?” JaeJoong asked, cutting a glare at Junsu.

 

Was he really going to pretend he was a guardian angel? Sure, they both were wearing dark leather clothing, however Junsu was an angel of death, his only purpose on this earth was to take souls. How could he even begin to imagine what the life of a guardian angel was like? Clicking his tongue against the roof of his mouth, JaeJoong pushed Junsu aside and knelt in front of Yoochun.

 

I’m sure this is very confusing. But…he’s half right. I’m a guardian angel, he is an angel of death…” JaeJoong said, casting a glare towards Junsu and then turned back towards YooChun. “A-angels?” YooChun asked, looking between the two of them and frowned. “Where are your wings then?” Yoochun asked, moving to stand up. He was obviously in denial. “I don’t know where you came from but…” before he could continue, Junsu moved to his side and grabbed his wrist, twisting it a little. “Don’t believe him?” Junsu had a wicked look on his face as he faced YooChun to him.

 

Not trusting those lips ANYWHERE near Yoohun, JaeJoong moved forward and put his hand to Junsu’s chest, pushing him back some. “We’ve met before…” Junsu said, a small smirk on his face as he let go of YooChun’s wrist and then cast aside JaeJoong’s hand with a simple wave of his arm. “Don’t you remember YooChun?” Junsu added, his voice less…sadistic…when he said Yoochun’s voice. YooChun simply looked back at him with a mixture of confusion and a lack of trust. He also turned those looks towards JaeJoong who was at his side still protecting him from this evil angel.

 

Oh C’mon, you don’t remember me?! You were young…probably thirteen years old…you were at your Aunt’s house in the States and had an asthma attack without your inhaler…” Recognition then dawned on YooChun’s face as he remembered the incident. His eyes then quickly narrowed though as he put his hands up. “I don’t know what you’re talking about. I don’t know how you got in here but you both need to leave!” YooChun then started towards the door and reached for the knob only to realize the deadbolt was still locked like how he locked the house up earlier. JaeJoong could tell he was confused and upset. JaeJoong had been following this male his whole life and saw all his ups and downs. He KNEW YooChun was freaking out. JaeJoong couldn’t really blame him though.

 

You didn’t tell anyone about that incident because you knew they’d think you were crazy. We spoke though. Do you remember what you said?” Junsu continued despite Yoochun wanting to send them out. “You said you couldn’t die there because you had to make sure your mom was okay. You begged me not to take you to heaven because without you, your mother would be lost. Do you remember that?” YooChun froze at that and then turned to glare at Junsu. JaeJoong remembered that incident to. “Your cousin came to you a few minutes later and took you back home and you went into your mother’s purse to get your inhaler and your Mom saw how bad you were and you both started crying…” JaeJoong chimed in, not wanting to be the only one there that had a story to tell.

 

Are you really angels?” Yoochun asked with his mouth wide as his hand fell to his side from the doorknob. “In the flesh!” Junsu said with a laugh as JaeJoong then cut a look at him and added “So to speak….”