Chapter Four

Angel of the Night

After the three flipped the couch back how it belonged YooChun sat down with his head in his hands, still trying to make sense of everything. JaeJoong sat by Yoochun’s side while Junsu stood and paced a little before then going to the couch as well and sitting on the arm.

Are you going to sit like that forever then?” Junsu asked, a small smirk on his face. YooChun didn’t move, however JaeJoong cast Junsu a glare before then going to touch Yoochun’s knee softly. Scoffing at the glare, Junsu simply stood to walk to the window and look outside at the many people wandering around outside.

“What are you still doing here?” A voice sounded in Junsu’s head that was obviously not his own. Turning around, Junsu looked towards JaeJoong who was still looking at Yoochun. “Did you say something?” Junsu asked the angel who simply shook his head. Shrugging, Junsu looked away again and stared down at the people.

You didn’t answer me” The voice sounded again, causing Junsu to frown. “What are you still doing here? Don’t you have a job to do?” With the voice’s questions, Junsu thought back to if he actually did have a job. He hadn’t heard anything yet from his last mission. Normally by now they call him back to give him another unfortunate soul to take. He hadn’t been called though. And that’s why he was still there. “Don’t you think you should go ask for more work?” The voice asked causing Junsu to scoff. He wasn’t going to work harder than what was expected of him. Junsu learned long ago that those who asked for more work were then run into the ground with extra work whenever they needed someone to pick up some slack. They could do without him for a while.

Aren’t you worried you’ll get in trouble? You did just reveal your secret to a human.” The voice had a good point, and it made him a little worried. Only for a second though. What could they do? Send him to Hell? Burn him in the fiery pits for all eternity? They’d have to catch him first.

Oh?” JaeJoong suddenly spoke, moving to stand up. Junsu turned to look in his direction as JaeJoong stepped away from Yoochun who had looked up as well. “They’re calling me…” JaeJoong said before wings then came from his back. Big, fluffy, white wings. Damn he was pure. “I’ll be back. Don’t you dare do anything to him.” JaeJoong said, glaring at Junsu before his wings then spread and he flew up through the roof, disappearing into thin air.

Junsu then turned towards Yoochun who was looking at him warily “Are you really an Angel of death?” Yoochun asked, shifting on the couch some. A giggle then came from Junsu as he was at the human’s side in a flash. “Are you scared?” Junsu asked, becoming dangerously close to Yoochun, his thumb smoothing across the human’s cheek.

Ani.” The male said, contradicting the fear in his eyes. Another giggle came from Junsu as he pressed even closer to Yoochun. The human shied away from him and tried to back up, however he was already leaning against the side of the couch by this point and had nowhere else to go. Yoochun really was one attractive human. The way his upper lip was thinner than that plump lower lip. The way his eyes darted to the side slightly now that he was nervous. Such attractive bedroom eyes too.

You probably should be.” Junsu said, moving to smooth his thumb across Yoochun’s lips. “One kiss and you’d be dead.” He said, moving his face even closer to YooChun who froze, looking up at him wide eyed. Laughing, Junsu then pulled away and sat up straight, looking around the apartment. “Your guard dog would kill me if I took your soul without provocation.” Junsu said, a small smirk on his lips. Jaejoong had stopped him from taking Yoochun at his proper time enough times though, Junsu really COULD take Yoochun now and it’ll just be payback for not getting his award those times before.

Before he could make up his mind though, there was suddenly a gust of wind and JaeJoong phased through the front door, his wings wide and frightened. “We have to get out of here!” He exclaimed, quickly rushing to the bedroom to grab some things and put them in a bag and then return to Junsu and Yoochun who had stood up from the couch.

What? Why?” Yoochun asked. His question was pointless, however, because not only did JaeJoong ignore the question, but they also saw the answer coming their way off in the distant sky outside the window JaeJoong had just opened. Junsu’s eyes widened at seeing the armored angels flying their way as JaeJoong tossed the bag to Yoochun and then grabbed his wrist.

No time to explain. Junsu….you’re screwed too. Might as well help me or deal with them.” JaeJoong said, turning worried eyes towards the angel of death. Contemplating his options for a few seconds, Junsu watched as the angels grew closer and JaeJoong’s anxiety grew. After a second, JaeJoong moved closer to the window with the confused human in tow, prepared to leave Junsu behind.

I’m coming!” Junsu said allowing his large black wings to spread out from hiding and then joined JaeJoong at the ledge of the window. The next second, the three were airborne, Yoochun between them as the two angels worked together to keep Yoochun from falling to his death. 

 

------

Thank you all for your patience while while waiting for me to update. 

SARANGHAE~