Sparks and Love.

Country Side Life

"Okay. Here's my secret... I like you too." He said then pulled me by my neck and kissed me. Sparks flew and smiles weren't held back. He pulled back.
"Does that mean we're together?" He asked.
"I don't know. Does it?"
"Alright. You're my girl now."
"Okay then. That means I have to break up with my boyfriend in Seoul."
"WHAT?!" He shouted in shock. I laughed.
"I'm kidding~" I grinned. "You should've seen your face." I said laughing again.
He came up to me and pretended to punch my jaw. Then he smiled. "Don't do that." He said, making me smile.
"When are we lighting the fireworks?" He asked.
"We have to wait until it's dark. We probably can't do it here. It'll burn down the trees. Hmmm... Alright. We'll just not do the big flying ones then. Let's eat the cupcakes!" I said and picked 2 up and gave him one.
I was my frosting when all of a sudden Daehyun wiped some frosting on the side of my chin and I gasped.
"Yah! How dare you?" I said as I grabbed some frosting and was about to wipe it on him. But he grabbed my arms before I could do it, causing me to drop the cupcake.
"Okay, okay. Don't wipe that on me. I won't do it again." He said smiling. Then he the frosting off. I looked at him smiling.
"Are you perhaps... a ert?" I asked him jokingly.
"And what if I am?" He said teasingly, then moving his hands to my back. I smiled at him.
"Well then, I guess I have a erted boyfriend." We both grinned at each other.
"Why don't you open up the door?" I asked him.
"Good thing I carry the key wherever I go." He said and open it up.
I went to grab the not so heavy crate and carried it inside. 5:40. Sitting on the small couch, holding hands, and finishing the cupcakes. Chit-chatting and laughing about 'embarrassing moments in our life'. Stealing kisses here and there. What a moment.
"Why did you do all this?" He suddenly asked.
"What? Why? You don't like it?"
"No, no I do. It's just, I can't do anything to top this for your birthday." I got up and smiled at him.
"Don't worry. You don't have to do anything. I don't even know if we're going to be here for my birthday." This time he got up too.
"What? What do you mean?"
"I don't know when we're going back to Seoul. My mom said something about the 25th..." There was a second of silence, then I broke it.
"Come on, let's go light the firework." I said and pulled him outside. I picked up 2 sticks and gave him one. I lit his and it started to spark. I out mine on his and mine started to spark.
"Wha-- Is it gonna hit my hand? What do I do?" I chuckled at him.
"Just hold the bottom, it's not gonna hit you." I said laughing. We both smiled at each other. We started making shapes with the sparks, laughing together. And when we lit all the spark sticks, we moved onto the small ground ones. I lit it and quickly moved away. Different colors of sparks came out.
"Wahh~~ It's so pretty~" I squealed. Daehyun back hugged me and we watched the fireworks that I lit.

After watching the last one, I started cleaning up and Daehyun locked the door. After putting everything in my backpack, Daehyun held my hand and we walked back. We got close to his house and I asked him jokingly, "You're not gonna let me go home alone again, are you?"
"No. Wait! I didn't even let you go home alone." I laughed at him and continued our way, talking about things we liked. 8pm. We reached my street and I turned around to Daehyun.
"You want something to drink?"
"I'm good. I'll just head home. I'll call you when I get home." I smiled, "Okay." I said and watch him walk a few steps, then I turned to go in. Then all of a sudden, someone turned me around. I yelped in surprise, but lips shortly cut it off.
"I forgot that." Daehyun said and walked backwards, waved at me, and jogged off.
I watched him for a bit and let out a chuckle. I tried to quietly sneak into the house. Surprisingly, the door was unlocked. Do they not lock the door? Jeez. I closed it and quietly locked it. I heard the tv that was on. I tip-toed to the living room, making sure whoever was in there wouldn't see me. I saw my dad sprawled on the couch, mouth opened, and eyes slightly opened. Gross... I tip-toed to the stairs praying to god that it wouldn't creak. It was like he was trying to get me caught, because every step I took, it creaked. So I decided to lay on the railing and just pull myself up. It was sooo hard. I was almost to the top when someone spoke up, "What in the world are you doing?" Scaring me, making me fall on the steps. I cursed in pain.
"Ugh. Dad! You scared the out of me!"
"Well what the hell were you doing?"
"Um, I was about to slide down the rail, duh." I lied.
"Whatever. Go to sleep. It's late."
"No it's not. It's only 8:30."
"Whatever. Good night."
"Good night." I said as he passed me. So much for sneaking. Ugh. I got up and went down to the kitchen for a drink before heading to my room. I was in my bed waiting for the call. It's been an hour. I was getting worried. '-Are you home yet?' I texted him and waited for his text back. But I fell asleep. ...

Sunlight punched me on the face. I woke up groaning.
"Jihye, wake up dear. I thought you were getting the hang of waking up by yourself. But I guess I was wrong."
"Grandma, I told you not to do that. Why are you even in here? I was gonna wake up, I felt it."
"Stop lying. I was going to the bathroom and I saw your door open so I came in and you're still sleeping. Now get up."
"I am up." She gave me a hard stare and went out. I got my phone out and still no reply. Now I was really worried. I got ready and went down for breakfast. Everyone was here this morning. We all ate in silence until my mom broke it.
"Those cupcakes were delicious. I didn't know you could bake."
"Thanks."
"So how was the thing last night?" My grandma asked. I grinned and sang, "It was awesome~~"
"Wait. Is that why you were up last night? You came home that late?!" My dad asked.
"No. I told you I was sliding down. I was going to the kitchen."
"What happened?" My mom asked.
"I fell asleep on the couch and when I got up to go to bed, I saw this little thing crawling on the railing." They all bursts out laughing.
"I was sliding down!"
"Okay, Jihye. Oh! I rhymed!" My mom said laughing and high-fived my dad. I face palmed and finished my food.
After eating we all headed out to our job. I was reaching for the apples up high and thought, "Wow, this is déjà vu," and chuckled. I kept reaching and finally grabbed the apple. I reached for another one, but 2 hands covered my eyes.
"Guess hoot~~"
"I know it's you, dummy." He let go and I turned around, and he planted a kiss on my lips. I smiled at him, then frowned.
"You didn't call me last night."
"Oh! Oh my gosh. Okay, so I got in bed right? Then I fell asleep. And I woke up this morning and my phone was dead. So it's charging at home right now." I stared at him with a poker face, then continued picking apples.
"Oh! You would not believe what happened last night."
"What happened?"
"Okay. So I came home right, and everybody was asleep, so I tried to be quiet and sneak in. I did fine until I came to the stairs. They kept creaking. So I climbed on the rail and tried to climb my way up. I was almost to the top and my dad comes out of no where scaring me, so I fell on the stairs." He was already laughing before I even finished.
"Oh my gosh, Jihye. You are too funny." I chuckled at his reaction.
We spent the rest of the time picking apples until my grandma came and told us to come in for lunch. After lunch we went back to pick apples until almost dinner time, when Daehyun have to go home. This routine happened everyday. July 15th.
"Daehyun," I said while picking apples. "my mom said were going back on the 27th." I looked at him.
"Oh. Well we have plenty of time to be together."
"Yeah I guess."
"Why aren't you guys staying until the summer is over?"
"My mom says she wants me to get ready for college."
"I see. Well, we'll see each other there too. No biggie. It's not like we're not able to see each other anymore." I smiled.
"Yeah. You're right."
"You better not go to that boyfriend of yours." I raised my right hand and said, "I promise." And we both started laughing.

________________________________________________________

One more to go~~ yay