Let's Share Secrets.

Country Side Life

I woke up the next morning feeling excited. I got ready and went down for breakfast. Mom and dad are already out in the fields. It was just grandma.
"Hey grandma. Can I get the next 3 days off work?"
"What for?"
"Werl ahm--"
"Honey, finish your breakfast then explain to me." I hurriedly ate and finished my ate in 5 minutes.
"Okay, so I'm planning something special for Daehyun. It's a surprise for him. And I kinda need your help."
"Wow, Jihye. I'll be glad to help."
"Okay, so, I'm gonna go into town and buy some stuff to bake and a little something else today. Tomorrow, I'll bake. And the day after tomorrow, his birthday, I'm gonna get stuff ready at a place. I want you to keep him away from this house today and tomorrow. He can still work, but he can't see me, I don't wanna see him. He's suppose to think I'm mad at him. Don't invite him in or anything and make sure mom, dad, and grandpa doesn't either. Make sure he doesn't see what I'm doing. And the day after tomorrow, send him home a bit late, probably around 5. Can you do this for me, please?" I asked.
"Jihye. I would love to help you! This is so cute!" She beamed. I smiled.
"I'm counting on you grandma. Alright. I'm gonna stay here for a bit, then go buy the stuff I need. Make sure he doesn't see me coming back."

 

I went into the market and headed to the bakery aisle. I grabbed 2 white cupcake mix, 3 vanilla frosting, sprinkles, and red and blue food coloring. Then I grabbed 4(3 by 4) cupcake pans, cupcake cups, and candles. After checking off everything I needed, I headed to the cash register and paid for the stuff. Then I headed to a different store.
"Hello miss, how can I help you?"
"Oh um, I'm looking for goldfishes."
"Right over here."
The lady pointed to a tank of goldfishes. I went over and checked them out. There were different colors of them. They were so pretty~
"Excuse me, can you pack some for me?"
"Sure."
I picked out five of them, 2 orange ones, 2 white and orange ones, and 1 black and orange one. I grabbed some fish food, and payed for them. Then I headed home. I made sure Daehyun wasn't in sight when I headed up the street to my house and quickly went inside, whew. It was already almost 4, and I left around 10. I took a long time. I put the bakery stuff away. Then I went into the basement to find a container to put the fishes in. I found a small tank, but big enough for the goldfishes. I brought it up to my room and put the goldfishes in and added a little more water. Then I fed them and thought, "I didn't eat since this morning," and went down to grab something to eat. Then I went back up to my room and started thinking about tomorrow. Ugh, so exciting.
I went to take a shower and came back into my room. Then mom came in to call me for dinner. We went down to eat.
"So, I heard you're planning something special for the Daehyun guy." My dad said suspiciously. I glanced over to my grandma and back to my dad.
"Yeah. He's my only friend here and his birthday is coming up."
"There are plenty of girls here to befriend Jihye."
"Oh come on," my mom beat me to it, "I think it's cute that she has a guy friend. Just let her be."
"Yeah dad. You heard mom, leave me be."
We all finished dinner and I followed my dad to the living room and watched tv. After a little while, I headed to my room. I need some sleep, need some energy for baking tomorrow. I fed the goldfishes, plugged my earbuds in, and went to bed.

 

Rise and shine, I said to myself when I woke up. I got ready and went down for breakfast. Like yesterday, grandma was the only one here. I finished my food quickly and helped clean up.
"I'm gonna need these space for today. It'll probably be messy and crowded." I told grandma.
"Just don't burn anything."
"I'll try not to." I said chuckling then got to work.
I mixed both of the boxes of mix together and started mixing it. I put the cups into the pan and started putting the mix in them. I finished putting the mix in the first pan and moved to the second pan. For the last batch, the fourth pan, I put some red food closing in it and mixed it. In the end I have red mix. I put them in the cups and I went out, 3 were empty. Oh well. I put two pans in the oven at a time. I let them bake for an hour each. When all of them were baked and ready, I tasted a red cupcake, and boy was it good. I should become a baker. It was almost 12. I spent almost 6 hours doing this. Jeez. I put the cupcakes into the oven for tomorrow. I still need to frost them, it'll be better to that tomorrow. I quickly cleaned up the mess before they came in to make lunch. As I was wiping the table, grandma came in.
"You're just now finishing?" She asked.
"Yeahhh."
"Move aside, I need to cook lunch."
"I'll help. I left the cupcakes in the oven, so no one touch them. I'll tell the others too."
"Okay dear."
We spent an hour cooking. I set up the table, and one by one the others came in. I sat down as grandma put the food on the table.
"You guys," I announced, "I left my cupcakes in the oven for tomorrow, so don't touch or eat them."
"Okay. We'll try not to. But if some are missing, don't blame me."
"Dad! I'm serious! Don't even."
"I'm kidding. We won't touch them."
"You better not."
We ate lunch and talked about bugs that they found on plants. I just sat there and listened. After lunch, they all decided to have the rest of the day off instead of working like they always do. My grandma just told me that she sent Daehyun home before she came in to cook. Thank goodness. What to do now... We all just sat in the living room, watching tv. I laid, sprawled on the floor, like a dead body.
"Jihye. That is so unladylike. Sit up." My mom said.
"Alright. I'm going to my room." I got up and went into my room.
It's 4pm, and there's nothing to do. You know what, I wonder what Daehyun is thinking about. Hm, oh well, I'll see tomorrow. 4:10... I don't know what to do. What to do. What to do. I plugged my earbuds in and started singing. I grabbed my sketch pad and started drawing. Moments later, I took a look at my drawing, Daehyun. I grinned at it. I am such a good drawer. Hehehe.
"That is a really good drawing." I yelped in shock.
"My god, mom. You scared me!"
"Oh. Sorry. That's a nice drawing. Really. Is that, is that Daehyun?"
"Maybe... Oh. What are you even doing here?"
"It's dinner time!"
"Wha--" I looked at the time.
"My god! It's already 7?!"
"Yeah. I was calling you earlier when we were eating. But you never came down. So we ate already. If you want to eat, then go." She said and left.
I got up and went down. I sat down and ate my food. I cleaned up after eating and went into the living room.
"Did you guys even move an inch?"
"Of course we did. We had to get up to eat any time." My grandpa said. I shook my head at them. I sat down for a bit with them. Then I got tired and head up to my room. I slumped on my bed and fell asleep faster than I thought.

I sprinted up my bed. Hair in a mess. Body in sweat. Did I have a nightmare? No. I fell asleep last night with my jeans and t-shirt on and it just so happened that last night was really hot. What the hell. Now I have to go shower. I went downstairs after showering. No one was in the kitchen but foo was wrapped on a plate on the table. I unwrapped it and ate it. I looked at the time and boy did I wake up kinda late. It's already 9. Dammit. I stills have time, nothing to worry about. I went into the fridge and poured me some orange juice. Then my grandma came in, "Daehyun is at the orchid right now. He said he wants to leave early today--"
"What?! No! He can't!"
"Yeah I know. I told him I'm only keeping him until 4 and he can have the day off tomorrow."
"4? Ugh. Okay. I have to get to work now."
"Okay then~"
And with that I took out the cupcakes and the frosting. I put the frosting into one and another one into another bowl. I put some blue food coloring onto one of the bowls and the rest of the red into the other bowl. I quickly and neatly spread them onto the cupcakes. I took 13 cupcakes and wrote a letter on each of them. I looked it at, H A P P Y B I R T H D A Y. I grinned and put a candle on each of them. I smiled at my successful and beautiful work. Dang, I made a lot of cupcakes. I'll leave the rest for mom and dad. I looked at the clock. 12. I sprinted upstairs and grabbed the tank of goldfishes, which was quite heavy. So I poured some water out. The. I went downstairs and set it on the kitchen table. I went back upstairs and grabbed the fish food and went back downstairs. I went down to the basement and looked for a box, big enough for the 13 cupcakes. Sadly, I didn't find one big enough. But I found 2 that will contain them all. I put 7 in the first box and 6 in the second box and stacked it on top of the first one. I put both of the boxes on top of the tank. Then I put the fish food in with the top box. I went back upstairs, grabbed my backpack, packed some stuff in it, and went back down. 1pm. I carried them out and made my way to his secret get away, making sure no one would see me. And surprisingly, not a lot of people paid attention. I walked my way through. I set the things on the ground. I hope this all goes accordingly. I checked my phone. I've been ignoring his texts and calls. I grinned and look around.
"Ugh. I need a table." I muttered to myself. I ruffled my hair and grabbed the goldfishes and let them out in the pond. Then I poured some fish food for them. I thought about what to do with the cupcakes. I looked around for anything and notice a slightly broken crate.
"Well, that would do." I said as I walked to it. I brought it next to the pond, then I set the cupcakes spelling 'HAPPY BIRTHDAY'. I took out the things from my backpack and set them next to the crate. I grabbed the cloth and stuffed it in my pocket.
"This is going to be so fun." I grinned. I looked at the time and it was 3. One more hour before I leave. I decided to go back into town to buy some coffee. Hopefully they have a cafe. And to my luck, they did, and I walked into it buying me a small cold turtle mocha. It's been quite a while since I had these. I was almost finished when I looked at the clock. 4:01. Holy . I really need to work on watching the clock and quickly doing things. I quickly finished my drink and headed to Daehyun's place. I knocked on the door. 4:20.
"Is Daehyun here?"
"Oh. Yeah. Hold on a sec." The lady said and in a minute she came back.
"He's in the shower. He'll be out any minute. Come on in, I'm his mother. And who might you be?"
"I'm Jihye, Jung Jihye. I'm a friend of his. He works for my grandparents."
"Ohh~ You're their granddaughter. I've met your parents and grandparents before. They're quite friendly people. I made mini sandwiches, would like some?"
"Um, sure. Thanks." She offered me some and grabbed one.
"I'll get you a drink." She walked off. I grabbed another one. Then she came back with a glass of lemonade.
"Thank you."
"No problem. So why do you wanna meet Daehyun?"
"Oh. Well today is his birthday, and I made him something."
"Oh how sweet of you~"
"Jihye?! What are you doing here?"
"Daehyun! Hi. I have something to show you." He looked at his mom.
"Go ahead." I smiled and walked out. We got to the street and I turned around.
"Jihye. Where have you been? I haven't seen you in 3 days. Are you mad at me because of the other day? I said I was sor--"
"Shh. Daehyun, I have a surprised for you. Here, wear this?" I said as I blindfolded him.
"Wha-- What is this? What are you doing? Are you kidnapping me?"
"It's a surprise. Don't worry. I'm not gonna kill you." I said as I held his hand and dragged him to the place.
We got there in 20 minutes. Would've been 10 or 15, if Daehyun wouldn't stop tripping over himself and walking slow.
"Are we at my secret place?"
"Awh dang it~" I whined as he tried to open the blindfold. I held his hands to stop him.
"Wait! Not yet. I'll take it off. Don't touch it. No peeking. Or I'll punch you." I said and he chuckled.
I pick up the lighter that I left in the floor, then started lighting up the candle. After 3 minutes, I sighed and got up.
"Okay." I said as I took off the blindfold.
"Happy birthday~" His jaw dropped, slightly. Then he looked at me and back at the cupcakes.
"Blow them!" I said and he did.
"I made those cupcakes."
"What? You? Nuh uh~ Your grandma made them, didn't she?"
"I did!" He chuckled.
"What. Are those fishes?"
"Yeah! I bought them. Aren't they pretty?"
"Yeah. Yeahh. And what are these?" He asked pointing to the packages on the ground.
"Those are fireworks."
"Oh my god. How did you get them?"
"I bought some in Seoul before we came here. I was going to set them off on my birthday. Then I met you. Say, since we're getting closer, let's share secrets. You go first." I said as I crept closer to him. He didn't say anything, he looked speechless. I chuckled.
"Okay. I'll go first." I paused. "I like you." I said while smiling. He looked shocked at first. Then smiled his beautiful smile.

______________________________________________________

Yeh. 2 more~ ENJOY~~~