Hoodlum Neighborhood

You Stole My Heart~

"I'll be going now..." I bow to my father at the front door of the soon-to-be-sold mansion.

"Ok. Be nice to your uncle and make sure to keep yourself healthy."

I look at my fathers eyes one last time and tears roll down my face once again. I pounce at him and gave him a big bear hug. After a few moments of silence, I let go, grab onto my suitcase and leave from the facade. On the street, I see a small mini van parked by the sidewalk and notice that it most possibly is my uncle. I've never seen him before, so it was gonna be hard for me to become familiar in living with him or just seeing him around. I gulp in some confidence and go up to the car. He rolled down the windows and gave me a quick glance up and down. He looked like a hoodlum and he doesn't seemed to have washed in weeks.

"You Soo-Jeong?"

"Yes, I am."

The silence was killing me, and all this guy was doing was looking me up and down creepily not having a care in the world on how strange it seemed.

"Get in the car, I drove a long way here just for you. You know how much gas money I wasted just now?"

"But...I heard you don't live too far away from us? Don't you live in the same city?"

"Shaddup! I say its far, and if I say it is far, then it is true! Got it? You go by my rules now you lil' !"

I jump in my seat. His voice was too loud and I'm sure people outside would be able to hear us. And the furiousity in his voice scared me like hell. So I did not utter a single word the whole way back to his house.

We arrived after 30 minutes of driving. We were in the south part of the city, where all the homeless, poor, and gangsters roamed around and lived in. I look up at the apartment complex which seemed like it would wither away once you even touched it. Cobwebs were stuck everywhere, and there was an abnormal amount of termites crawling about the walls. I almost puked right on the spot.

"No complaints, ok?!" My uncle boomed, then spat on the floor.

I made sure to avoid the blob of fresh spit he splat on the floor and I looked around some more, realizing how familiar the place seemed. And I wondered how.

"You coming in? What? It's too dirty for ya?" He growled.

"Did I ever say anything?" I glare back at him."

"Oh, feisty. Talking back to your elders now, eh? You're becoming too full of yourself," grabbing me by the chin as he squeezed my cheeks, "Learn to RESPECT them."

I just met him not too long ago but I already hate him. How am I gonna be able to handle living with him for a year, or maybe even longer? I walk up the never-ending amount of stairs until we finally got to the door that was taped up and full of postersof action movies and skulls with cross bones. I sigh to myself, not to let him hear, and waited for him to open the door as he fumbled for his keys. As he did so, I glanced out the hallway window and found someone wearing a sweater I feel like I've seen before. But I couldn't put my finger on it.

"Whatcha lookin' at," He pushed me away from the window and searched outside, "Ha! Already looking out for boys, eh? What, thinking of f***ing him later? You ."

Shocked of what he just called me, I was ready to blow up. But for a second, I thought of the consequences. And not wanting to cause trouble for my parents, I kept myself quiet. He pulled me inside and told me to stay home. As soon as he ordered me to do so, he got up to leave. 

"I'm gonna go buy me some booze. Don't go fooling around with them boys now."

I glare at him and he just ignored me. 

"I might take a while, so food is in the fridge and there is a small tv in the living room. So knock yourself out."

He left without another word and I sat there, in my room. I later unpacked all my belongings. I found myself hungry so I got up to the fridge to eat like he asked me to. But it was empty like my stomach. I was a fool for believing what he said. No wonder my father succeeded in life and uncle didn't. He is a big fat liar and his attitude is like . I decided to take my mind off food by watching some tv. But of course, none of the channels work. Should've guessed.

"What the heck does he want me to do here?"

I choose to just sleep on the bed until morning comes, wishing all of it was a dream. If only it were...I go to my room and rest my head on the gruff pillow, and my whole body ached from the stiff mattress and newspaper bed sheets. My life is a total letdown right now.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

I wake up to the sound of no birds, no alarm clocks, no nothing. I was pretty sure I'd be starting school tomorrow, so for today, I was planning to explore the neighborhood, not that there was much to explore...but...I made sure to make no sound at all as I snuck out of the house. I heard from my father that uncle is a deep sleeper so he would sleep until afternoon on sundays, when there is no work.

"This is my chance."

I cringed at every creak the stairs made and finally made it to the bottom after like an hour. At least the sun felt warm and cozy and that made me feel a bit better. I stretch my arms and I realize that I'm in my clothes from yesterday. Argghh, its gonna smell for sure. But for today, I made an exception. I don't want to go back up there.

"Ok, lets get started."

I jog about 1 mile up and down the street. I make sure to keep myself as fit as possible. I passed by an icecream shop and without knowing it, I'm by the shop window with big, bulging eyes. It didn't open yet since it's too early in the morning. All the sweets and desserts looked so delicious. Although it is a hoodlum neighborhood, it's nice to see they at least have one good thing about this place. It's 6:30 in the morning and it opens at 7. I decide to wait for it to open. If it's dessert, I could wait hours for it.

"Ah? Someone's already in line?" A guy real tall, towered over me, blocking the warm sun.

"You are?"

"Well I make the sweets here. Hello, you new here? My name's Chanyeol."

"You make sweets for a living?"

"Yes, money for me and my brothers."

He gives me a hand, to get me up off the ground. His smile was dazzling and I wondered why he would make a sweet shop in this kind of neighbohood. Not that I was complaining at the moment.

"My name is Goo Soo-Jeong. I love sweets, so I am happy to have met this place and you too."

"Ah thank you. Well...would you like to go in to have a taste?"

"Ok! Ummm...sorry if this is personal, but how many brothers do you have?"

"11. But we're not blood-related, but we do act like family since we've lived with each other for so long."

Where have I heard of that before. Me and my memory...And then I slap my forehead with full force. Ok, maybe I shouldn't have done that, it freakin' hurt.

"You ok?"

"Are any of your brothers named Baekhyun, Luhan, Kai, and Sehun?"

"Wha? How did you know?!"

"I've met them before."

To think they live here too...And I thought I'd never be seeing them again.

"If it perhaps does not bother you, can you tell me about you guys. I've been really curious, and I've been itching to know you guys' stories."

He glanced at me as he scratched his head, "Where do I start....ok, well...."

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

~End of Ch. 3~

 

How you like my new chapter? Comment! Subscribe!

Sooner or later, love will bloom so await for that! Who do you think she

should end up with?