Unsure

From Two Different Worlds

   Jaejoong was looking at the phone in his hands with curiosity. He turned it around to look at the back and touched the screen of it only to open an app. Yunho was sitting next to him, watching as the boy played with his phone. Jaejoong had never seen a smart phone in person. He didn't need one since his friends all lived near each other and he had a flip phone to call them and his family in case of emergencies. For internet, they just went to the library, that plus how expensive the phones were didn't make them necessary in Jaejoong's opinion. But of course that didn't mean it wasn't cool to be able to play with one.

"Wait what did I do?" Jaejoong asked Yunho with a bit of panic in his voice. He had accidently opened an app and he didn't know what to do.

"Don't worry you just opened an app." Yunho chuckled at Jaejoongs cuteness. "By the way, where did you learn Japanese?"

"Oh, I work at a restaurant where the cook is Japanese and he taught me how to speak it." Jaejoong smiled as he spoke and Yunho just looked at him. He found the boy interesting and was glad he had caught him when he had tried to run away. Jaejoong kept looking at Yunho's phone until he spotted something shiny in Yunho's pocket. "What is that?"

"Huh? Oh this?" Yunho took the object out of his pocket and showed it to Jaejoong. "It's the pocket watch my grandfather gave me when I turned 16. He said it was the first thing he bought after taking over the family's company when he was young."

"Wow, I've never seen so many expensive things. What's your house like? Is it big?" Jaejoong asked. He was curious to know how the other half lived.

"Well you're going to see houses just like it soon." Yuho said.

"Really? How?"

"We are going to build them here. My family is going to make the most of this land."

"Make the most of it? What's wrong with it now?" Jaejoong was very confused. He thought this land was beautiful and it was an amazing place to camp at, how was it not being useful? "We love camping here because its so pure and natural. How are we not makng the most of it?"

"This is good land to make houses. You just think you are making use of it because you don't know any better. You don't have the education I do."

"What's that supposed to mean? Are you calling me stupid?" Jaejoong felt himself getting angry. Yunho noticed and started to panic.

"No! No. I just meant you're uneducated.." He was cut off by an angry Jaejoong.

"Uneducated?!" That was it! Jaejoong had enough of this. He got up and turned to leave. Yunho quickly caught his wrist before he could go far. "Let go!"

"Please let me explain. I didn't mean you."

"You just meant poor people like me right?" Jaejoong pulled his wrist free and jumped to grab the branch of a nearby tree and started to climb it. He wanted to calm down and put some space between them. Yunho tried to chase after him by slowly climbing the tree too.

"Wait, by that I just mean people who didn't go to the best schools."

"You mean like me?" Jaejoong watched as Yunho struggled to catch up to him.

"What I mean is..whoa!" Yunho lost his footing and fell from the short distance he had managed to climb. Jaejoong saw this and jumped down to him. He walked closer to help him up.

"By uneducated you mean not like you. You think that I'm uneducated because I don't have the money like you to go to a fancy school. Maybe I am uneducated. I don't have the schooling you do and I can't afford to travel so I don't know as many places as you but there are things that a fancy schools can't teach you. You went to a elite school to learn about business so you can take over for your family right? Did they teach you that without the people who are not as rich as you, that work for you, you wouldn't have a company? Did they teach you that by acting like you are better than others, people will be less loyal to you? Do you know how grateful a person can be just to be able to have a free day? Have you ever done something that took you so long to master that it brings a smile to your face when you finally do it right? No right? Thanks to my lifestyle I can climb a tree better than you. Not being able to afford a repair man, I know how to fix electronics and cars by myself. I can speak a different language and learned that culture's custums by just being friends with a co-worker at a job I need. You probably would hire a translator, not caring that a foreigner would feel like you care by knowing these things about their country. So tell me Yunho, who is the uneducated one?"

Yunho couldn't speak.  Jaejoong was right. Just because he had the best education money can buy, didn't mean he was any better than Jaejoong because he knew so much that he didn't. The last thing he wanted to do was hurt Jaejoong and he felt guilty for his ignorance. 

"I-I'm sorry." Yunho hugged Jaejoong. He realized that his way of thinking was wrong because it hurt the other. Jaejoong knew how to do things he didn't and had freedom to find his own path when his had been chosen for him. He couldn't even climb up a tree properly.  A lesson that this amazing person he just met helped him learn. He did not think he was better than Jaejoong, in fact, he thought himself to not be good enough for the pale boy. Soon, Jaejoong hugged him back and Yunho pulled back a little to look at the boy's face. His doe eyes, his pouty lips, he was unable to look away and Jaejoong only stared back with the same intensity. They looked into each other's eyes, feeling themselves coming closer together.

"Joongie!" They were startled out of their world by someone shouting.

"Chulie hyung? Um, I should go." He let go of Yunho and tried to leave but the other held him close. 

"Wait, when can I see you again?" Jaejoong looked at Yunho's eyes and he really did want to see him again but a little part of his mind told him that maybe it wouldn't be a good idea. They were from two different worlds and he wasn't so sure they could mix. He freed himself from the other's arms and held his hands.

"I don't think we should see each other again. We are too different. We are going down different paths."

"Joongie! Where are you?" Heechul was getting closer to them and Jaejoong didn't know what his reaction would be if he saw him with Yunho.

"I need to go."

"Hold on, take this." Yunho grabbed Jejoong's hand and put his pocket watch in it. "Keep it for me and give it back the next time we see each other."

"But Yun.."

"JOONGIE!"

"I have to go." Jaejoong ran in the direction he heard Heechul calling from leaving Yunho behind. The handsome boy watched as the other disappeared. He would meet Jaejoong again. He felt a bond with the boy and he knew that he would see him again.


         Heechul was walking around looking for Jaejoong. He had gone back to their camp for lunch but hadn't seen Jaejoong. The rest of their friends told him that Jaejoong hadn't been back. After they talked, Jeajoong told Heechul that he wanted to explore for a little. He had been interested on what was on the other side of the river since he was a kid and Heechul found it right to let him look around. He himself found an interesting person on the other side, maybe Jaejoong did too. Since all of their friends were of the same economic background, they all knew what it was like to work hard just to have enough money to get by. They all found it a little unfair that people would think little of them and their work just because they were not born rich like them. They all had a hate for people born rich, people that had everything handed to them. And while Heechul and Jaejoong didn't necessary like people that flaunted their money around, they didn't hate rich people. It was more like didn't like the way some acted. He had been ready to deal with spoiled rich kids when he had gotten lost and found a giant cabin on the other side of the forest. One had even attacked him, but once he saw the boy apologize so sincerely, he knew he wasn't like the others. He knew that he was a good guy at heart. That's why he didn't mind when they spend a while talking to each other. He had enjoyed himself and knew the other boy put no mind to the fact he wasn't as rich as him. But will he care when he finds out just how poor he is? That, Heechul decided to deal with when the time comes, for now he has a new friend.

"Chulie hyung!" Jaejoong came out of the bushes to tackle Heechul to the ground.

"Whoa! Joongie you scared me!" He lightly hit his friend on the arm and they both giggled. They helped each other up and dusted each other off before heading back to camp. On their way back, they laughed and talked about everything they had seen when they were walking around except for the people they met. Before they could, they arrived at the camp to see all their friends where sitting around the fire pit (I think that what you call the place where you bulid the fire lol correct me if i'm wrong) with troubled faces.

"What's going on?" Jaejoong asked his Heechul but he didn't know either. They walked closer toward the group.

"Hey what's wrong guys? What with the faces?" Heechul asked curious as to what happened.

"Hey Chulie hyung, hey Jae. Teukie hyung needs to talk to us about something serious." Yoochun explained. "Jaejoongie, why don't you sit with me." Before Jaejoong could answer, Yoochun took him by the wrist and brought him to sit next to him. It didn't go missed by Leeteuk and he smiled at them, making Jaejoong blush in embarrasement and Heechul feel bad for his friend. He took a seat on the other side of Jaejoong and waited for Leeteuk to start.

"Ok guys, listen up." Leeteuk asked for their attention. "We've been asked to pack and leave in two days." he said with a sad smile.

"What?!" Everyone said at the same time.

"I thought we were supposed to be here for a week, why are they kicking us out?" Karam asked. They all had been looking foward to this trip and they wanted to know why they were being told to leave.

"The people who run the camp grounds said that a big corporation came and bought the land. They offered so much money that the city agreed to hand over this part of the woods. They are going to start construction here in a week so they are asking evryone to leave now." Some of them were mad at the news, some annoyed, but they were all sad, especially Jaejoong, he had waited years to come here. To the place of his childhood, to the place that brought him a sense of peace, to the person that he's just met. He wanted to explore the side of the forest he hasn't been to, to the side that the tall tan boy he met today came from.

"Why do rich people always think the can get away with everything?" Yoochun was one of the people that was mad. "They have everything in the world and they still want more. We have nothing and they still want to take from us!" Jaejoong just looked at Yoochun in silence. He felt uncomfortable because he wanted to think like that to but he knew not all rich people were like that. Not Yunho. Heechul next to him was just looking down at the ground. Trying to process everything. He was confused. Did Hangeng know about this?

"Chunnie hyung is right can't we do something? Like a petition? Or maybe we can talk to them?" Karam suggested.

"No, what we need to do is drive them away. I was told that some of them have a cabin on the other side of the forest. They were sent to take a look around before the construction. If we can drive them away they won't want to stay." Leeteuk said. He was usually the last to think this way but he too grew tired of people that thought their money made them untouchable.

"Yeah let's do it!" Junsu chimed in. Everyone agreed and cheered. They were to carry out their plan the next day and Heechul and Jaejoong just observed. They had a bad feeling about this. Their eyes met and they knew that they were thinking the same thing. They had to do something before this turned bad.

Yunho

Hangeng


There it is! :D hope it didn't come out to bad and like always its not edited ;) How bad do you think this is gonna get? Will jaejoong and Heechul tell each other about the new men in their life? let me know what you think my luvlies :)