No One Better Than You

~A Slice of Life~ (Oneshot Series)

Chappie 3: No One Better Than You

“Yah yah yah,” scolds an angry Leeteuk, “Can you two get off your lazy butts every once in a while to go outside and breathe in some fresh air? You know, smell the flowers?”

Eunhyuk and Donghae are lounging in front of the dorm’s TV watching some Pororo. The same look of boredom in its purest form washed across both faces. Eyes are half open, mouth is slack, and cheeks are sagging. Only the slight rise and fall of their chests being the sole hint of life.

“Can you guys even hear me?? I know Super Junior is taking a rather long break but do you guys seriously have no life?”

“Hyung, it’s called, chillaxing~” Mumbles a zombie-like Eunhyuk.

“No, it’s called getting the life out of you!”

“Hyungggg,” whines Donghae, “We have nothing to do.”

“Yes, I can tell.” The nagging mother of a leader just stares at the two of his boys and sighs. This can’t do. He has to do something to help them out of this dark abyss of brain rotting.

“I’m setting you guys up on blind dates.”

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

The heavy metal door slams shut followed by a click. A lone figure contributes his own pair to the sea of shoes and parts it by trudging through. He pokes his head into the kitchen to see if he can find his friend. Not a living creature in sight. The whole dorm is silent. With newly hunched shoulders, he makes his way to his room. He opens his door and ducks inside. His backpack is dumped on the ground. With a newfound surge of anger, he tugs off his pullover hoodie and chucks it in his hamper. He sits on the corner of his bed with his head buried in his hands, going over all the disastrous events of the day. When his emotions start getting too intense, he falls over backwards to lie on his bed.

“Ouch!”

“Ahh!”

“Oh you’re back.”

“Hae, what are you doing in my bed?”

“Sulking- I MEAN errr uhh, sleeping.”

An uncomfortable silence looms over the air.

“How was the date,” the two say at the same time.

Both are selfishly hoping that the other did not enjoy his time spent with a female but, of course, none will admit it.

Donghae sits up, “It was… fun. Yeah. Really fun.”

Silence.

*Dammit, I’ve probably been replaced by this chick.* Eunhyuk looks over at his friend, “Yeah, I had fun too.”

Silence.

“The girl was really cute, she bought me a Nemo plush. We had a nice date.” Donghae recalls.

 

“Oppa!! I hope you like your Nemo!”

“Wow, thanks.” *She’s so thoughtful* Donghae thinks.

“So, what’d you get me?” The girl looks up at her date with big doe eyes (obviously achieved thanks to a surgeon) and attempts a forceful pout.

“Uhhhhhhhh.”

* Donghae think!!*

“Oh! I planned a surprise date for you!” Donghae said happily, “Let’s go to the aquarium!”

“EW, I hate fish.”

“How about a movie?”

“I get back pains sitting in the theatre seats.”

“Park?”

“Bugs.”

Sighhh. “Mall? Shopping?”

“Wowww~ oppa you know me so well,” The girl says as she flips her hair and struts down the sidewalk.

Donghae sighs again and trudges after her.

 

 

“Nice,” Eunhyuk hisses. “I took my date to the amusement park and the way she ate cotton candy was adorable.”

 

“Oooo! Cotton candy, oppa let’s get some!”

The girl takes her cotton candy and picks at it with her lengthy manicured fingers. She tries her best to eat the floss without getting it on her lip gloss. Basically, she takes the tiniest pieces and places them on her tongue. *Attractive…* Eunhyuk thinks as he rolls his eyes.

“Whoa this candy is really filling! I think I’m full.” Eunhyuk’s date tosses the unfinished 90% of her treat in the trash bin.

*WHAT A WASTE!! Beautiful. Candy. MY MONEYYY* Inside, Eunhyuk is sobbing.

 

Silence.

Eunhae glance at each other both trying to hide their hurt expressions over what they just heard. Donghae was trying so hard to suppress his tears but Hyuk knows how easily he cries.

“WAHHHHHH!! HYUKKIE I HAD A HORRIBLE DAY. I’M NEVER GONNA SEE THAT CHICK AGAIN. PLEASE DON’T REPLACE THE SPACE THAT I’VE TAKEN IN YOUR HEART WITH THAT , PLEASE NO HYUKKIE. WAHHHHHHH.” He can’t take it anymore, Donghae starts sobbing.

Unable to hide his joy in the fact that he’s not the only miserable one, and that he can keep his baby fish, Hyukkie smiled and enveloped Donghae in a big monkey hug.

“I’m sorry Hae. Don’t worry bae, my date was actually terrible. The little priss took like three bites of food and just threw it away. She didn’t want to ride anything either so we just walked around. What a waste of my money,” rants Eunhyuk.

“Really??? Wow, mine didn’t want to do anything but shop at Etude House, Nature Republic, Innisfree, Tony Moly. I can only star at BB cream for so long because, bae, you know how I don’t need it.”

“’Mine’?? I prefer you use correct terminology and say ‘my date, that I am never going to see again because I love Hyukkie way more’,” huffs Eunhyuk.

Donghae smiles, “Oops, sorry monkey.”

“You better be, fishy.” Eunhyuk says as he wraps the blanket over them both.

“I’d rather be bored and with you than do something with someone else. There’s no one better than you.”

 

 

 

 

 


Hi there~ I haven't updated in forever lool. To be more exact... a year. XD

I just looked through my documents folder and found unfinished fics. What good is an unfinished fic? So I'm starting to write again. Lame right? I know. It kinda feels nice to come back to some of the derpy ideas that I had before.

Since it's SOOOOOOOOOOOOO close to Super Junior's long awaited 7jib comeback, I decided to upload the only SuJu fic that I had handy right now. Eunhae also released their new Japanese album so WOOT WOOT!! (It was released on my birthday HELL YES)

So, hope you enjoyed? 

Cheers~