What Do You Want From Me?

Child Searching For A Star

     

Chapter 7 - What Do You Want From Me?

 
 

 

An uneasy feeling rested in both their hearts.

 

The moment Byunghee stepped away from her, she opened her door and without giving him a second glance she walked in, leaving him broken. He thought about knocking back on the closed door but something inside stop him from raising his hand.

 

He didn't have the heart to live another rejection.

 

The mother of his child didn't allow him to at least see his own baby girl and he was not only confused but also deeply hurt. He was the only one who didn't get the chance to look at her and see what she looked like. He wasn't even allowed a small, tiny glimpse of his baby girl.

 

He sighed in defeat and walked back to his car. As he drove away back on the streets, he couldn't help but let his eyes become watery, threatening the beginning of tears to fall on his cheek. He was supposed to be angry at her. He was supposed to be furious at the way she handled everything that happened for the past three years. He was supposed to be annoyed at the way she handled things today. None of these emotions were visible as all he felt was torment.

 

He finally made it back to the dorms. He took a minute to let his tears dry as he let out a shaky breath, calming himself down.

 

‘I'll find a way. I'll find a way to convince you that you did a mistake Hannah. She needs me as well as you do. Stop denying it. Please.’

 

 

 

 

He spent the rest of the evening locked up in his room, ignoring the pleads of his other members as they were trying to find ways to comfort him. All he did was to lay on his bed facing the ceiling. Emotional exhaustion was slowly creeping up inside of him as he was slowly lured into falling asleep. Not having the energy of doing anything else, he simply let his eyes closes, falling into dreamland.

 

On the other side, Hannah locked herself up in her room crying her pain away. She tried her best to muffle the sound coming out of not wanting to alarm her parents nor Jinni.

 

She did her best to stay strong all this time but after this afternoon, everything came crashing down. Weakness took over as all she suddenly wanted was simply to be held, not wanting to carry the big burden on her shoulder, all by herself anymore.

 

For a moment, she wanted to simply give everything up, but she new that Byunghee had a lot in his mind and she didn't want to feel like she was pulling him away from his life.

 

Everything was fine the way it was.

 

She roughly pushed him away, hoping that he would step back but deep down she knew that it wouldn't be enough and that he would come back.

 

She would do anything to protect her little princess from his world, to the point of even leaving the country once again if that's what it took to simply let him go. Though her heart was breaking from possibly losing her best friend and her first love, the safety of Jinni became a priority the moment Hannah found out she was pregnant.

 

To others, what she was doing may be out of hand, but knowing how hard he worked and how difficult it was for him to be where he was today, she didn't want to be the reason that it all came to a halt, letting his dream slip away from his grasp.

 

‘I won't do this to you Byunghee… Hate me all you want, I don't care. I won't let you hurt her.’

 

 

 

 

At the sound of his alarm, Byunghee woke up.

 

Still feeling as miserable as he was ever since he went back to see Hannah a week ago.

 

He tried calling her but failed to have her answering her phone. He tried to get a hold of her parents but came back with the same results: nothing.

 

Walking out of his room, the others were already getting themselves ready for their schedules today. As lucky as it may be, they didn't have a lot to do which made Byunghee wish that whatever he's been thinking for the past week might work.

 

‘I'll get you to talk to me Hannah… One way or another.’

 

 

This was probably the longest week for Hannah. She was still affected from her encounter with Byunghee making her a little bit moodier than she should be.

 

She tried her best to put on a smile for Jinni, but once her daughter had her back towards her mother, the frown would reappear.

 

For the past week she couldn't stop but to think about how things would have turned out if she simply told the truth to Byunghee from the very start.

 

Would everything be easier?

 

Or would it be too much to handle? She shook the thought out of her head, convincing herself that what she did was what was right.

 

‘It was the right thing to do… It's still is… I'm sure of it.’

 

 

 

 

The day came to an end.

 

As the boys were on their way back to the dorm, Byunghee asked his manager if they could make a quick stop before continuing on to their home.

 

Hearing the urgency and sadness in his voice, he agreed to his request and followed the directions that he was given.

 

A few minutes passed and looking at the time, Byunghee stepped out of the car, leaving the others to the windows observing him as he walked away. He suddenly stopped in his tracks and walked back to the car.

 

“You can leave… I'm going to stay here for a while. I'll call you once I'm done.”

 

His manager gave him his consent and drove away, earning some support from the rest of the members. He looked towards the car as it drove away until it was completely out of sight. He took one last breath and walked back to his initial destination.

 

Entering the building, he climbed up the stairs as he looked for  a specific room and once he had found it he softly knocked on the door, hoping that the person he was looking for was present.

 

“Come in!”

 

He gently opened the door and found himself in front of a middle aged woman, looking back at him with a curious look on her face.

 

“How may I help you?”

 

“Yes, I was wondering if it was possible to pick up Jin Kyong earlier today.”

 

“Park Jin Kyong? And who is asking?”

 

At that moment, the principal's office was barged in by one teacher and two younger kids. The teacher looked distressed and from the looks of it, the kids were a pretty mess.

 

“What happened here?!”

 

“A small fight between these two”

 

“Again? It's the second time! Make them wait outside, I'll call their parents.”

 

The teacher walked away, closing the door behind her, leaving Byunghee dumbfounded at what he was seeing. From the quick look he had of  the little girls, one of them looked really familiar. Like a younger version of his childhood's best friend. Thinking about her, the principal's voice brought him back of his daze as he turned his head to face her.

 

“I'm sorry sir for the little misfortune. Park Jin Kyong, here hasn't been very lucky lately. Before we were interrupted, you were asking for her? May I know who you are?”

 

“Jung Byunghee. I'm Park Jin Kyong's father.”

 

“Her father? I was informed that Jin Kyong didn't have a father…”

 

“I know and it was for some personal reasons. I was wondering if it was possible to pick her up early and now, looking at the situation, I don't think it will be necessary to call her mother, I'll... I'll let her know about what happened.”

 

“Usually I would have ask for a proper reason but seeing the circumstances, I guess it would be a good idea if she takes the rest of the day off.”

 

“Thank you.”

 

“But before you go I need to understand what happened this time between these two, since it's been the second time this week that both kids are here. It's pretty disturbing to find young children using violence against each other. If it's in your possibility, as well as in miss Park Hannah to at least contact the other parents to resolve this problem before it really gets out of hand, please.”

 

“Of course, and again, thank you.”

 

 

 

 

“You had NO right to do this Byunghee!”

 

“And YOU did?!”

 

“YES!”

 

“TELL ME THEN! TELL ME WHAT RIGHT YOU HAD TO KEEP HER AWAY FROM ME!”

 

“My right as a MOTHER to keep MY daughter SAFE!”

 

“AND YOU DID A GREAT JOB! Now OUR daughter is being BULLIED at school because of that so called right of yours!”

 

The screaming and the shouting went on in Hannah's room while Jinni and her grandmother left the house, preventing the little girl from getting scarred even further from the heated argument going on between the two parents.

 

Even though she was curious to know who the man that picked her up from kindergarten was, her mood wasn't as cheerful as usual especially because of what happened to her at school today.

 

To cheer her granddaughter, Mrs. Park brought her to the zoo, hoping that it would put a small smile on the little girl's face.

 

 

Back at the house, silence reigned over. No sound were present as only the heavy breathing of the parents were heard in the lady's bedroom.

 

Hannah was sitting on her bed while Byunghee was sitting down, his back against the door.

 

They were both out of breath as they have kept throwing their anger towards each other.

 

Knowing that her daughter was being laughed at, once again, just because she doesn't have a father, made her furious. She already had enough with the rumors surrounding her daughter's birth and the type of lifestyle she was living but making fun of her princess because she was the only one that was growing up without a father and, on top of that, was being bullied by other kids by saying that her father left because he didn't want to have anything to do with his own daughter, gave new fuel to her anger and frustration.

 

Truthfully, she never really thought that Jinni was having a hard time at school. She knew that she wasn't someone that could easily make friends, since she was shy, but she never knew that she was the target of laughter among her classmates.

 

She looks back up, her eyes landing on Byunghee who had his eyes closed as if he was slowly falling asleep.

 

“What do you want from me?”

 

He opens his eyes to look directly at her while speaking out with a stern tone in his voice. “To be back in your life.”

 

“I can't let you do this.”

 

“Damn it Hannah! Stop being stubborn and just admit that you need me!”

 

“NO! I don't! I never did & I never will!”

 

He sighed as he ruffled his hair, annoyed at her attitude.

 

From the ground, he got on his two feet and walked towards her as he pulled her by her wrist, making her stand up in complete surprise and places his hands on her arms, lightly shaking her. He looked straight through her eyes and could see that they were getting moist. He, then, laid his eyes on her lips and could see them lightly tremble.

 

She was about to break and right now he was here, whether she wanted too or not, he would comfort her right now, because she needed it.

 

“Let it out. Just let it all out. I'm here and I'm not going anywhere…”

 

He crashes her body against his, embracing her hard in his arms as her tears hit her cheeks as well as leaving wet stains on his shirt. She was muffling the sound of her cries in his chest as she slowly wrapped her arms around him, finding herself not wanting to part away from him.

 

He was gently her back as he placed a small kiss on her forehead wanting to show her the comfort he was trying to give her. He slowly led her back to her bed as they both sat down; he was still holding onto her while he placed her legs across his lap and placed her head on his shoulder.

 

Over the years he knew her, he never saw her break down like this. The ache in his heart was deepening itself at the simple thought of her last words echoing in his mind.

 

“You need me Hannah. Please, just admit it. You can't do this on your own. I'm here for you and for our baby girl.”

 

She couldn't respond to his words. All she did was cry on his shoulder. Hearing him say those words somehow lifted some of the weight off her shoulders, but it's something that she didn't want to happen and yet it did.

 

He kept saying that he was here and that he wasn't going anywhere but it didn't make the little piece of fear, of it actually happening, back off. Having that little voice speak out in her mind, she tightens her grip around him, crushing herself further against him.

 

He felt it.

 

With the tight hold she had on him, he could feel, through that gesture, that something was wrong. Every time he would speak, it got tighter. He was starting to gently pull her away so he could look at her, but her grip was too strong. He held onto her shoulders and placed another kiss against her temple.

 

“Hannah, look at me.”

 

She didn't budge.

 

“Please, I want to look at you.”

 

She loosens her grip and looks up at him, her eyes completely wet, almost blurring her vision.

 

He wipes the tears away and leans in placing a sweet kiss on her lips, which made her look back at him, longing to have his lips on hers just a little bit longer.

 

She cups his cheek and leans back in, kissing him. He didn't think twice and responded to her touch, every second growing hungrier.

 

His hand was placed on her thigh that was still lying across his lap while his other hand was placed behind her neck, bringing her closer as he deepens the kiss. She pulls him further against him and slowly leans back onto her mattress, as she ended up lying under him, not breaking apart.

 

He finally pulls away only to have their forehead touch and looks at her brown eyes. His heart was beating so fast, by a simple touch on his chest, he was sure that she could feel it.

 

“I missed you Hannah. I missed you so much… I need you back.”

 

 

 

gray-stars-md.pnggray-stars-md.pnggray-stars-md.png

 

 

~A/N~