R U Okay?

Child Searching For A Star

     

Chapter 4 - R U Okay?

 
 

 

A couple of days past since the accidental encounter and Hannah has been more than careful trying not to repeating what happened.

 

She had her reasons for doing what she did but deep down she didn't want to confront them, seeing as she would break down if she lets her feelings out.

 

Something that she locked up three years ago so she could focus solely on her little secret.

 

Something that she let go through the three years so that she would be able to raise the little pearl she carried inside her for nine months.

 

But now, it seemed to good to be true.

 

Going on without being seen or caught became impossible and that encounter made her think that it was now a possibility that could happen anytime and anywhere. She knew that it wasn't right to live this way but she convinced herself it was the right thing to do if she ever wanted a shot at a normal life, not for her, but for her daughter.

 

To give her anything she needed without any complications, especially not so early in her life.

 

She was thankful that her parents were there to support her and help her even though they didn't agree on the way she was doing things, but seeing how stubborn she was on changing her mind, they shut their mouths and helped their daughter raising their grandchild.

 

She couldn't deny that it was difficult at first, but she grew accustomed to that lifestyle and as much as she wished that things were different, she didn't want to change one single thing.

 

He deserved to be where he is right now and she didn't want to ruin it, not because of one single night, three years ago.

 

 

 

 

June 9th, 2013

 

 

Another day of work for the boys.

 

They were making their way to a mini fan meeting they had prepared just before the recording of one of their music shows.

 

As they stepped out of their van, a crowd was starting to form in the park, where Byunghee could see the fans holding up various banners where some words of support would be written along with pictures of either one of the members along with their name written across.

 

Looking at his view, he couldn't help but wonder about Hannah, where she would've done the same and would be present either to support him on music shows with a huge poster with his name on it or during those kind of events where she would stay in the back and watch him interact with his fans.

 

Out of habit, he looked through the crowd, scanning the faces of each person that was present, wishing to see a familiar face.

 

His hope was slowly crashing down until a familiar figure made a move in the back.

 

It didn't seem as if she was part of the crowd, just a random person that was simply walking through the park.

 

With his sunglasses on, he carefully followed the movements of the lady, noticing that she was in a hurry as the crowd kept growing. With a quick glance from her part in his direction, a smile appeared on his face, recognizing the woman he missed for so long.

 

He wanted to catch up to her, but being in the circumstances he was, he was prevented to do so.

 

All he did was watching her walk away, hurrying herself out of the way, as if she wanted to avoid something… ‘Or me?

 

He sighed in annoyance as his mind wondered to the days where he slowly started to lose touch with her, never returning his phone calls or even his emails. With his life as an idol starting to be more demanding, he reluctantly let her go seeing as he hasn't made any progress with her.

 

He was annoyed and disappointed since she was the closest that he ever had to a best friend, even before he met the boys.

 

Standing by him from their early days as kids, supporting his dream in every way she could, fully believing that he could accomplish it.

 

And today, no words of encouragement.

 

No kind of contact, letting him know that she was wishing him luck with the promotion of the new album.

 

Nothing.

 

And now that he thought about it, he was a little bit confused as to why she didn't give him any kind of sign that she was back in town. The last he heard, she was still overseas getting a shot at a new job offer she had. 

 

‘Maybe it didn't work out and she came back? Are you even okay without me? I miss you Hannah… What happened to you?’

 

The rest of the afternoon, he gave his focus back on his activities, pushing aside, as far as possible, the look on his friend's face.

 

He knew that she saw him but simply deciding not to do anything about it, frustrated him.

 

She wasn't the one to simply ignore him, even if it was with a quick encounter on the streets.

 

‘But it seems as if three years changed her a lot…’

 

 

 

 

Hannah was finally out of sight.

 

A second time she made an incidental encounter.

 

It was as if Fate was telling her to spill out her secret.

 

Her precious secret.

 

From the quick glance she gave him, she knew that he saw her and that's why she quicken her steps in the hopes that he wouldn't call her out.

 

Out of sight, she let the breath she was holding in, escaping her trembling lips.

 

The tears in the border of her eyes were ready to fall but she didn't allow herself to let them stain her cheeks.

 

She wasn't allowed to do it.

 

She was the one that caused them to slowly break apart by not answering his multiple ways of contacting her.

 

She had to let him go.

 

Whether she liked it or not, she couldn't let her selfish needs come in between him and his dream.

 

Of course, she wished it would have turned out differently, but it was this way and she had to accept it and give her best for her little girl.

 

'I can't do this to you Byunghee-ah. I have no right to make you miserable. I can't make you resent me for pushing your dream away. I'm nobody to make you suffer if I let out my secret. I'm sorry… Please understand. I love you.'

 

 

 

gray-stars-md.pnggray-stars-md.pnggray-stars-md.png

 

 

~A/N~