Father's Day

Child Searching For A Star

     

Chapter 2 - Father's Day

 
 

 

A bright new day in the Park's household.

 

Hannah was preparing herself for another day at work while her mom was preparing breakfast with her father reading the newspaper at the table and Jin Kyong, her three years old daughter, was quietly playing with her doll.

 

Unlike the other days, where Jinni would be already dressed and ready for kindergarten, today, she was still wearing her pajamas to her grandparents surprise. As Hannah, made her way into the kitchen, ready to pour some coffee and grab a quick piece of pancake before leaving, her mom stopped her with a confused look on her face as to why her daughter was about to leave her granddaughter home.

 

“Hannah, honey, why is Jinni still in her pj's? Doesn't she have school today?”

 

“Oh, hmm, no she doesn't…”

 

Mr. Park looked up from his news paper to look at his daughter as he arced an eyebrow while his glasses where at the bridge of his nose. “And why wouldn't she have school in the middle of the week?”

 

“I don't know…”

 

“Hannah~”

 

“Yes daddy?”

 

“Don't Daddy me, why isn't your daughter ready for kindergarten?”

 

The mother stood behind her husband with her arms crossed over her chest with a concerned expression on her face. “You're father is right honey, there must be a valid reason as to why Jinni is still not properly dressed for school.”

 

Hannah sighed in defeat as she walks to her child and crouches at her level while she was still playing with her doll. She gently her hair and asks her to go up to her room.

 

“Honey, can you go up in your room for  a moment?”

 

“Why?”

 

“I have to talk to Grandpa and Grandma…”

 

“Are you in trouble?”

 

“Hmm, I don't know yet. I'll come and see you before I leave, okay?”

 

“Mhmm.”

 

Getting off her chair with the help of her mother, the little girl runs towards her room, tightly holding onto her doll while leaving the grown ups to start their conversation. Hannah takes a seat as she lets out a deep breath, running her hands through her hair.

 

“It's Father's Day at her school today…”

 

“Oh, I see...”

 

“Since the other kids are coming with their fathers, I didn't want her to be the only one to come with her mother so I just decided to leave her home for today.”

 

“Hannah, don't you think it will be worse for her on the next day?”

 

“Why?

 

“You know how kids can be, and plus, their parents already know about your situation. She'll get picked on and I know you don't want your daughter to be bullied at such a young age.” Letting a breath out, the father places the journal back on the table and looks back up at his daughter. “Why don't you let me go with her, okay?”

 

“Dad, I can't ask you to do this, she's my responsibility -”

 

“And his, but you don't see him around do you?!”

 

“DAD! You know why so please stop bringing him up!”

 

“I know… Sorry, I'm just - never mind. You go to work and I'll take care of Jinni, okay?”

 

“I guess she can go… But if anything goes wrong, call me, please.”

 

“Of course. Now go, you're going to be late.”

 

Hannah gets up from her seat and kisses both of her parents on their cheeks before dashing off the kitchen and bids goodbye to her daughter telling her that her grandpa was bringing her to school today for the special day.

 

While she was left alone upstairs, Mr. & Mrs. Park were still in the kitchen, worried looks painted on their faces as they talked about their daughter's own misfortune of her personal life.

 

“Do you think she'll be alright? It's already been three years…”

 

“I know… Even though she doesn't want to admit it, she needs him. But she's to stubborn to understand this. Jin Kyong would want to know about her father and yet I'm still wondering on what kind of answer Hannah will give her.”

 

“What do you think we should do?”

 

“Well since it's Jin Kyong where talking about, and like Hannah said, it's her responsibility, we shouldn't do anything. Even though she's a single parent, Jinni is her daughter and not ours. We're here to help her but that's it.”

 

“Of course…”

 

 

 

gray-stars-md.pnggray-stars-md.pnggray-stars-md.png

 

 

~A/N~