Only I Didn't Know

Child Searching For A Star

     

Chapter 5 - Only I Didn't Know

 
 

 

This is where the story could officially start.

 

This is where the deepest secret of Hannah is going to be released.

 

It wasn't in her power, it just happened.

 

 

Finally hitting the weekend, the ladies of the Park family hit the road as they were making their way to the grocery store for some shopping.

 

Figuring out what they needed while they were still in the car, they finally arrived as Hannah parked her car and walked out of her car along with her mom holding her granddaughter in her arms.

 

Picking up a shopping cart, they made their way inside and got started.

 

 

Inside the same supermarket, someone else was making her shopping.

 

Finding herself in the same aisle as a little girl, she heard her call out for her mother from the cart where she was sitting, asking her if she could have whatever item she wanted.

 

The stranger smiled looking at the little bonding between the mother and her child but her smile soon faded when she saw the woman.

 

‘Hannah?’

 

She carefully approached towards the two ladies, as discretely as possible and laid eyes on the little girl.

 

Her eyes widen when the little girl turned her head around looking straight to the stranger's eyes.

 

That same little girl smiled at the lovely stranger which made her break out of her daze and gave a quick smile before dashing off to the other side of the store.

 

Now that she was out of sight, she took a deep breath, still in amazement at what she saw.

 

She made her way to the cash register, paid for the items she needed and left in a hurry, eager to go see her little brother, knowing that whatever she saw, he was probably unaware of it.

 

 

 

 

Back at the dorms, the boys were peacefully resting when they heard someone knock on their door. The closest to the main entrance got up from his seat on the couch and headed towards it, opening it only to find the sibling of one of the group mates.

 

“Hi, is Byunghee here, it's kind of an… emergency”

 

“S-Sure, is everything okay?”

 

“I hope so.”

 

The youngest member let the older sister in as he called out for his friend, leaving the guest patiently waiting behind. The member in question came out from his room with a quizzical look on his face seeing his older sister standing in front of him.

 

“Hyemin-Noona? What are you doing here? Is everything okay?”

 

“I don't know… Can we talk in private?”

 

“Of course.”

 

By looking at his older sister, he couldn't help but be worried himself.

 

He lead his sister into his room and closed the door, leaving the other member in the living room, already knowing what the issue was about.

 

She took a seat on his bed while Byunghee was standing in front of her, his heart beating up at a quick pace with every second that was passing by without a word said from his older sibling.

 

She took a deep breath and looked straight into her brother's eyes trying to look for what she found when she stared at the little girl just a couple of hours ago.

 

“Noona, what's going on? You're scaring me here…”

 

“I saw Hannah earlier today...”

 

“Wh-what? So she's really back?”

 

“It looks like it… I thought you told me that she left the country three years ago?”

 

“That's what she told me, I didn't know that she was back…”

 

“You guys haven't kept in touch?”

 

“No…”

 

“I think I know why…”

 

“What do you mean? Did you talk to her?”

 

“No, but I saw something and from the looks of it, I don't think you know.”

 

“Know what? What don't I know?!”

 

“You should sit down for this.”

 

“Noona, you're really scaring me, what's going on?”

 

 

 

 

All the members were sitting on the couch with Byunghee facing them in the living room.

 

He looked more than angry as he was ready to just hit someone.

 

What he heard earlier made his heart ache knowing that his childhood friend hid, what could be, the biggest secret of all.

 

His own daughter.

 

And what made it worse was that s, his best friends that he considered family, all knew.

 

With a furious look across his face, he couldn't believe that he was the only one that was left in the dark, being the father of the child herself.

 

He didn't know where to put his anger, but he knew that there must have been a really good explanation if Hannah had to hide that part of her life from him.

 

“I can't believe you deliberately lied to me! Why?!”

 

“We didn't lie to you, we just didn't tell you. It wasn't even our secret to tell in the first place -”

 

“I DON'T CARE! You still saw her and the kid and you didn't tell me that I was possibly the father of her child!”

 

“Hyung, we're sorry we didn't tell you, but the fact that she came back, we thought that she was going to tell you…”

 

“And yet she didn't.”

 

“You have to go and talk to her and as soon as possible.”

 

“I know…”

 

He hung his head low as he took a seat on a free couch, covering his face with his hands.

 

He was confused at what kind of situation was brought up to him, but at the same time he was still angry at the fact that his best friend lied to him. 

 

He was clueless on what to do but yet, he had to confront her to know the truth and to find out the reasons she did what she did.

 

It was going to be hard, but if he wanted to have Hannah back in his life, after everything they've been through, it's the least he could do.

 

Only I didn't know and yet I knew that something was wrong…

 

 

 

gray-stars-md.pnggray-stars-md.pnggray-stars-md.png

 

 

~A/N~