Part 3/3

Cherry Blossoms

 

{ Part 3 }


It was a dark cold night. I was waiting for a bus in the waiting shed when I noticed this familiar guy whose sleeping on one of the benches. I leaned over to confirm my speculations.


“Kim Jaejoong?”


He stirred up from his sleeping position and saw me. “Ohh, you’re the guy from yesterday. What are you doing here?” He let out a yawn.


“What are YOU doing here?” I exclaimed, emphasizing the word ‘you’. “Well, can’t you see? I’m sleeping outside.” He replied in a cold tone.


“Sleeping outside? Are you stupid?! How can you sleep here outside when you have your own house?!”


I was in anger. Well, who wouldn’t get angry of him? He was sleeping outside wearing thin clothes! How can he managed to sleep on this cold temperature?!


“Try sleeping on your own house while hearing loud moans. Are you comfortable with that?”


Ohh, so his mother was causing trouble on him again.


“Why don’t you run away from that house and rent yourself an apartment? It’s not a problem for you to earn money because I heard you have a part time job.”


He looked at me with those fiery eyes. “Would you please leave me alone? You’re no one to tell me what to do!”


And before I knew it, we’re arguing.


“But I can’t stand you sleeping outside on this cold night! Are you trying to kill yourself huh?!”


“I don’t want to go home. I’m not trying to kill myself. But it would be better even if I did die. Do you understand? LEAVE ME ALONE!”


Without even thinking, I grabbed him by the waist and drooped him on my shoulders, carrying him like a sack of rice. “H-HEY! Put me down you—“


“I have a name Kim Jaejoong, and that is Jung Yunho.”


“Well, then, J-Jung Yunho, put me down right now!” He was struggling but my strength dominated his struggles. There’s no way this beauty will sleep outside in this cold night.


I felt that he stopped struggling on my shoulder as I walked on my tracks. I guess he’s finally giving up.


Pushing the doorbell outside, I gripped him tighter when I felt him struggling once again. “Yah Jung Yunho, where are we? Put me down!” He kept punching my back while his legs are kicking in the air.


“I’m going to put you down once we got into the house.”


“House? What house? I don’t want to go home—“


A familiar voice sounded on the intercom, cutting off his sentence. “Yunho? Dear, is that you?” I saw my mom invading the screen of the intercom. “Yes mom, it’s me.”


The gate automatically opened up and we went in. Once the gate was closed, I put him down onto the ground. I heard a faint ‘thud’.


“Yah, be gentle will you? UGH.” He rubbed his in pain. “I-I’m sorry!”


My mom opened the door and approached us. “Yunho, you’re home.” She saw Kim Jaejoong who is still in pain from putting him down on the ground. Did I hurt him that much?


“Who is she? Your girlfriend?”


Upon hearing that, my cheeks flushed into red. “Mom! He’s not a girl! And I never had a girlfriend!” I defended.


Finally, Kim Jaejoong recovered from the pain and stood up. “I’m sorry for intruding. I guess I need to go out now.”


I grabbed his wrist and tightened my grip on him. “You’re not going anywhere. You’re not going to sleep outside, you hear me?” I looked straightly into his and boy, did I just melted?


“He’s too beautiful to be a boy. What’s your name?” My mom asked.


“I-I’m Kim Jaejoong.” He bowed down. Is he not comfortable?


I cleared out my throat and speak up. “He’s my schoolmate, and he’s planning to sleep outside the cold streets. Mom, would you let him to sleep here for tonight?”


“Jung Yunho, what were you saying?!” He whispered on me. “If you want me to go home, then I’ll go home now!”


“You told me you’re not comfortable sleeping there, so you’re going to sleep here.” I whispered back.


My mom clapped her hands in delight. “Why, of course! Your dad and I wouldn’t mind! I bet you two are hungry. Come inside and eat dinner.”


We followed mom’s request and proceeded to the dining room where the delicious meals are presented to us. “Your dad told me that he’s going to attend a dinner meeting tonight and he might arrive home late. He can’t eat dinner with us. But I’m glad that you went home with a friend to accompany us.”


“Friend?” Kim Jaejoong quoted as he sat on the chair, listening to my mom’s ramblings. Why? Are we not friends? Or is he saying otherwise? I blushed at the thought of it.


Sheesh. Keep dreaming, Jung Yunho.


We finished dinner. Mom and I never expected that Kim Jaejoong would volunteer himself to wash the dishes. I mean, he’s a guest. But he said that he wants to repay our deeds for tonight.


After taking my daily night shower, I opened the door of my bedroom and closed it. “Yah Kim Jae—joong...”


I was startled to see.. Kim Jaejoong.. soundlessly sleeping on my bed.. with only his boxers on.


His body is really a piece of art. His waist resembles like a girl’s, and his milky white skin.. I wonder how it feels to carress every inch of him.


I shivered on my dirty thoughts and took the neglected thick blanket. I covered his body with it and stared on the sleeping beauty.


Without thinking, I kissed his forehead. He stirred up from sleeping. I went panicked, afraid that he might wake up. But he just shifted his body on a comfortable state and continued on his slumber..


Kim Jaejoong, I think I don’t like you anymore. I love you. I’ve fallen in love with you.


Sleeping on the cold floor was never in my thoughts, since I was in my own room but I just did. I don’t want to disturb the beauty that is sleeping on my bed, spreading out his scent all over my room. I like his scent. Vanilla.


I stretched myself on the floor as I opened my eyes. Actually, sleeping on the floor is comfy.


Fixing the bed that I made on the floor, I quickly get up to see the beauty on the bed. But I found nothing but a neat empty bed with a letter lying down on it.


Curiosity kills, that’s why I took the letter off the bed. After all, it was written for me. I opened and read the contents silently.


As I read the half of the letter, I was already rushing out of the house with anger plastered over my face. I ran out of the house and searched for him.


Jung Yunho,


I’m sorry I left already without letting you know. It was so kind of you to offer me your house to stay for a night, really. But I don’t want anyone to know that I slept with you on the same roof.


“Yah Kim Jaejoong! Where the hell are you?!”


Society thinks that I’m also like my mother who sleeps with different men.


I dashed through the streets and searched for that one beauty. “Kim Jaejoong please come out right now! Let me see you!”


From now on, please stay away from me. I don’t want you to get involved in the rumors. You did nothing, and I’m afraid people might despise you too because of getting close to me.


I found myself on that same river, the cherry blossoms are dancing through the air.


I was by my mother’s pig boyfriend. All I wanted to do is to disappear.


“Jaejoong!”


Finally. The search for the beauty is now over. His head spun over to see me. “Yu-Yunho.” He muttered under his breath.


Without hesitations, I ran towards him and pulled his waist for a tight hug. I felt him weakened through my grip but he didn’t hugged me back. He was still startled through my sudden action.


“Jaejoong, I don’t want you to disappear. Please don’t leave me.”


He was starting struggling, but I just tightened my arms around his waist. “Yunho, let me go! You don’t understand the situation that I’m into!” He shouted.


He succeeded on pushing me away. It hurts me to see his eyes all puffy and red from crying.


“My letter.. you read it, right? You despise me now, don’t you?”


I didn’t say any word.


“I wanted to disappear. Please forget about me. I’m not the right man to gain your trust.” Kim Jaejoong turned his body back, not facing me. “Just.. forget about me.”


I slowly took my hands and wrapped it around his waist once again, hugging him from behind.


“Forget you? I can’t just forget you. How can I forget the beauty that can take my breath away? How can I forget the laughter that you shared with me? How can I forget this scent of yours? How can I forget the smile that you gave me before?”


I nuzzled onto his nape and breathed his vanilla scent. “How can I forget the guy that I love?”


I felt Kim Jaejoong stiffened when I said those words. I made him turn to me and look me straight in the eyes.


“I don’t care to whatever they’re saying, I only believe on what’s in you. Kim Jaejoong, I love you.


“Yun.. ho.” He mumbled.


Without even thinking, I leaned over and planted my lips on his. So this is what his lips tastes like. Cherry.


After the passionate kiss that we shared, I broke the kiss and panted. I pulled him again for a hug and nuzzled on his neck. “I always wanted to make you laugh. You’re the one that I wanted to have.”


Suddenly, he pulled away from the hug and kissed me again softly. He broke the kiss and smiled at me. “I would love to have you. You’re the first person who made me smile like this. I love you too.


We stood there as the cherry blossoms continued to dance in the air.


---



“I might disappear but don’t forget about me.”


Those were the last words that I heard from him. After we graduated, he decided to live with his real father on the other side of the city. I continued to study college so when that day comes, I would come to see him once again. We promised to see each other again after we graduated college.


We exchange letters everyday, and we never missed writing to each other. Today, I got another letter from him


Jung Yunho,


Hey. How are you doing? I hope you didn’t find a new lover. Haha, I know you wouldn’t because no one would interest on you, only me. Haha.


You silly boy, you know I’m always yours. I smiled at the thought.


Did you see the cherry blossoms together with the letter? It also has a tree here just like on the river. Aren’t they cute? They are blooming everywhere. Do you want to see them?


Cherry blossoms. What does he mean by sending me these? Is he talking about the tree that stands still on the river? Or maybe otherwise.


I let out a slight chuckle. “Why can’t he just be straightforward and say he wants to see me?”


Ohh well.. whatever.


Yes, I will come to see you someday.. to see those cherry blossoms with you.


{ END }


A/N: Wordcount: 4,417. Ohh before I forgot, I got the idea from a manga that I read. So, what do you think? Please do comment!