Part 1/3

Cherry Blossoms

 

{ Part 1 }


“Did you see him?”


Yes, I saw him.


“Isn’t he handsome?”


Yes, he is.


“He’s really an eye candy. But everyone says, ‘behind that innocent look is a wild cat’.”


.. behind that innocent look is a wild cat.


I was hanging out on the hallway when I overheard those girls sitting on the bench nearby, talking about that certain boy who walked past them. My eyebrows arched up upon hearing the word ‘wild cat’.


Behind that innocent look is a wild cat? I dunno if it’s true or not. I mean, it’s basically a rumor about him.


Him. The handsome guy who walked past them without paying attention to what they were saying. Him. The handsome guy who has manly structures but possesses feminine features. Him. The handsome guy who looked like an outcast from the school because he never speaks with anyone and doesn’t pay attention to the dirty rumors involving him.


Him. Kim Jaejoong.


Kim Jaejoong is also a senior student like me, but we’re not in the same class. I belong to the highest section while he’s behind our section. He has a brain of a genius, our teachers said. But he can’t catch up with the lessons well because of his part time job.


Some said that he has a ‘dirty’ job just like her mother, that’s why he can’t manage both school and work. Well, you see, the student body knows that his mother is a woman who lures men with her seductions and earns money from it. The rumor says that ‘like mother, like son’, so they’re thinking about the same thing as like her mother’s job. Others pitied him, saying that he’s too young to do work. Well, for me, I can say that he’s amazing.


Amazing, YEAH. Amazing, because I’m glad that he’s still attending school in spite of those bad rumors and his part time job. And YES, Amazing. Because I can always see the beauty that surrounds him.


Yes, I’m a gay. Jung Yunho is a gay, who happens to be an ordinary student who had a crush on the infamous beauty. And yes, I haven’t got rumors about me being gay, because half of the male population admitted that they were also gay. We’re all gay because of him.


Him. Kim Jaejoong.


Kim Jaejoong possessed feminine features although he’s a male, and a guy like him is very a rare one. I like him because he always looked innocent in any angle. Having a long black hair that contrasts with his milky white skin, his big doe eyes and his slim waist wraps the infamous Kim Jaejoong. His calmness took my breath away everytime I had the chance to stare at him at the student assembly every month.


Speaking of student assembly, it’s about time again to attend this once-in-a-month event that allows me to stare at his beauty.


During the event, some hungry-looking guys were trying to hit on him, and jealousy struck through me. But then, I kept my composture and sat on the chair, looking intently on the scene that involves Kim Jaejoong and the erts.


And yes, the prince—or should I say, princess didn’t disappointed me. He gave them a cold stare, making the erts shivered in fear and scram away from him.


“Loving the cold beauty could be dangerous to your heart,” My ears heard a familiar voice behind me. “.. because he might just reject you like those erts.” Park Yoochun draped his arms over my shoulders and followed my gaze to the beauty.


I shrugged his arms away and said, “Who said that I love him? I only like him.”


“Don’t deny it, you fool. Love and Like are only different in spelling, but they have the same meaning.” Yoochun said, facing the stage and trying to pay attention on the speaker.


“Your theory is so lame, just like how lame you are.” I still continued to stare at Kim Jaejoong, admiring him from afar. “Yah, I’m not a lame person. You are!” He shot back, but then I didn’t paid attention to my best friend because something caught my attention upon staring at Kim Jaejoong.


He looked on my direction. And then—


Was that a smile crepting on his lips?


I felt my blood rushed through my cheeks as I looked away when he faced me. D-did he noticed my stares at him? Oh my goodness King Neptune. I was caught on act. This is sooo embarassing. URRGH.


Wait. I sounded like a girl.


Okay, Jung Yunho, no more staring at Kim Jaejoong.


I decided to pay attention on my best friend’s ramblings. “But how can you love him? His mom is a , maybe the rumors about him being a is also true.”


Upon hearing that, I bursted out from my seat and rose up.


“HE’S NOT A !”


The mass of people stopped from what they were doing and spun their heads to me. Even Kim Jaejoong. What happened next? Well, go figure.


I stormed out of the school gym, locked myself on the emptied laboratory and didn’t able to hear the rest of the assembly session.


Park Yoochun really aimed my soft spot for Kim Jaejoong. So he also believes on those rumors. I thought my best friend has also the same perspectives I have about him. He’s also been hypnotized by the majority’s lies. I know, his mother sleeps with different men. But I honestly believe that he’s not like that.


I believe in Kim Jaejoong.