Chapter 1

Saint Anne
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 1

 

“Please take a seat” the patient immediately sat on the wooden chair.

“Would you mind if I call you Taeyeon?” the woman named Taeyeon shook her head.

“Well then, how do you feel today?” Dr. Seo asked.

“Good” she answered coldly.  

“Are you on any medications?”

“I don’t know.” She answered in her driest monotone with her most serious expression.

“Well you should really know if you’re on something?”

“I don’t remember taking something unless someone’s mashing it up in my potatoes.”

Dr. Seo stared at her, so this is my subject. A feisty one, a hard nut to crack, she knew it the moment she walked in the room. She did have a couple of patients during her first year of practice but they were nothing like this one, nothing like this case and she is determined more than ever to know the root cause of this “mental disorder” as some psychological books would call it. She’s just wishing that this woman in front of her would cooperate.

“Just so you’ll know I will be conducting an interview.” The doctor then lifted a recorder, a boxlike machine with two discs in it, and placed it on top of the table.

“An interview about what?” she raised her eyebrow

“About your story, about your life, your childhood. About your family and friends” she paused and looked at her in the eye “and about why you’re in here.”

“I’m not really sure I want to take part in your little experiment doctor.” Taeyeon challenged.

“You don’t have a choice you see, this is a standard procedure for this kind of institution and as long as you’re here, we will be conducting tests. As a psychologist I explore different mindsets and emotional problems and I happened to be assigned to you.” Dr. Seo refused to say “insane asylum” or “mental institution” for that would be like rubbing salt in an open wound. It wouldn’t help much.

“Nothing’s wrong with me.” She said with a shrug earning a sympathetic and amused look from the doctor.

“I understand that you’re still in denial, that’s pretty normal” she went on “the first step you need to take is to fully understand the reason why you are here.”

Taeyeon perfectly know why she’s here. It’s because she felt something out of the norm, she did what the people think is taboo and a discrete p

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter