Prologue

Saint Anne
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

1964

 

It was a lovely Monday morning, the sun was high and the trees cast dark, cool shadows. A woman in her early twenties stood in front of what looked like an eighteenth century building. It was enormous, with two wings, three stories high and an imposing entrance in front of an entry garden.

 

She strode along the pavement, carrying her luggage with her left hand and fixing her dark blue pillbox hat with the other when the old chestnut door of the building creaked open and out came a tall, slender nun.

 

“Good morning Dr. Seo Ju Hyun, I’m Sister Choi Sooyoung, the assistant of the Mother Superior, how do you do.” She bowed.

 

“Good morning sister, I apologize if I came in such a short notice, the head of the board of administration of our hospital was pushing me to get this case studied and documented as soon as possible.”

 

Sister Sooyoung held the door open for her and ushered her into the lobby.

 

“Oh no worries doctor, we were informed about your visit, we already prepared everything for you, let me show you your office.” The nun then led her to the staircase, bowing here and there as some nuns were passing by.

 

“The right wing is where our patients are kept, the left wing is where our staffs are based.” she then took a turn, giving a quick tour to the doctor as she trailed behind, the nun stopped in front of a dark brown door.

 

“Here we are” she said as she dramatically opened the door and smiled as she watched the doctor step inside and she followed.

“Welcome to Saint Anne’s Asylum, this will be your office during your brief stay, this is the key” she placed the key on the wooden table “that

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter