Chapter 2 – A Detective’s Need for a Break

The Elusive Assassin

Sunny stretches her body after a long day of analysing the files he had collected in the past three days. She’s handling a new case where a middle aged man found dead inside his company’s office room. Evidence showed that the man committed suicide, but the family members did not believe it; the man has an optimistic mind and they suspect that someone his after him since the victim said before his death that they are someone is giving him death threats.

Sunny sighed. This is tricky. The report said that he committed suicide. Positive at paraffin test, means, he fired a gun himself. The bullet mark is at the ceiling. But the police did not find the bullet canister? Huh…I need the autopsy report tomorrow. She sipped her coffee and arranged the papers scatted on her desk.  That time, Hyeohyun approached her and gave her a calming smile.

“Hi Sunshine girl!  Wanna join us?” she said.

“Ah…where? She asked innocently.

“We’re going to the newly opened bar at 22nd Street. It’s two streets away from our police department.” She said

“Why?”

“Because it’s new, and I want to try their drinks. If I like it then we can hang there as often as we can.” She looked at her closely, “And judging by your look today, I think you are stressed on your new case handling. I would like you to loosen it a bit”

“Hihihi…Is my face that readable?” she giggled, “Well the case is quite tricky. And I cannot go to a conclusion because the evidence present is not enough. Something lacks.” She said in frustration.

“Aww…don’t think so much. Come on! Join us!”

“OK…I think I need a little unwinding. I’ll just change my clothes and fix my make up here. Heheh”

“That’s my girl!  We just wait for Taeyon Sunbae, she also wants to try it too.”

“Really?!  Taeyon Sunbae? She rarely comes to her subordinates!”

“Change of personality, she said. Heheh.” said Hyeohon.

Lee Sunkyu, or she preferred Sunny, is a well known detective from Investigative Division of Seoul. Every district of the country knows her name for she solved a lot of critical and sensitive cases in Korea. Her district head assigned her in Gwanju in the request of the latter district head to investigate a series of murder cases lurking in their district, involving some well known individuals who got killed with no traces of evidences of being murdered. They are suspecting a vigilant group is responsible on these attacks. This and many more cases were handled by the previous investigators were not solved or worse, got killed. That is why they sought out Sunny’s professional ability to solve it.

Sunny predicted that these cases are easy to handle, but later she finds it very challenging. The evidences collected there were very basic. She wanted to have an in-depth investigation on the cases so that she can find more evidences that would link for her instincts. This makes it her difficult for she needed permissions from the departments and for the family as well. As stress reached her toll, she is now looking for a break.

As Hyeohyon left her, she went for her bag and extracts her spare casual shirt and went to washroom to change her clothes and fix her make-up. When she had finished fixing herself, she met Taeyon in the office lobby wearing her casual wear as well.

“Well Sunny, it’s been a long time for me to go in the bar!” she said, “must be...10 years?”

“What?! Seriously, do you have a life?!” Hyeohyon said while Sunny nudged her side.

“Hmmm.....busy schedule and no girl friends to hang out with. Lucky I have both of you!” she slaps their buts which earned loud squeals from the two girls.

“Aish! You don’t have to do that!” Sunny blushed. She is grateful even she stayed at the district for a short time, Taeyon considered her as one of his girlfriends.

” Don’t worry, we will guide you and surely you will enjoy your stay at the bar.” Hyeohyon said as they went to the doorway.

They went outside to take a cab and ride to their destination: The Pentagon.

 

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Well this is chapter 2...thanks for your comments and subscribing!!