Chapter 14 – Warning

The Elusive Assassin

“PSH...honestly Noona, I am very challenged on these files that I am decoding. The program itself has too many riddles before I can open one file!” Henry continuesly complained to Sunny while busy decoding one of the file he is working at his computer.

Sunny just smiled at the grumpy hoobae. Henry had told Sunny about how he was personally chosen by Siwon for his mission when it comes to electronic decoding tasks. A very confortable guy, who would have thought this guy is a computer genious? (And she is not feeling angry all the time Henry calls him “Noona”)

“How long have you already decoding these file?” Sunny pointed out the files which are displayed in the computer.

“I am here three days ago but about a hundred files I need to decode. I managed to open five of them.” he sighed. 'Congratulate me noona” He smiled pitifully.

“That difficult?!” Sunny said. So that's why Siwon Sunbae told me it craftedly protected, she thought. “Can I see the file that you already opened?”

“You can use the computer at the other room, Noona.I already saved it in the computer. ” Henry replied and contiue his work at the computer.

Sunny left Henry do his work and went to the adjacent room to find the computer is still open. As she sat on the computer she scanned the files which are ready to be opened. She choses one of the folders and revealed the list of the victim's profile which is readable separately. Reviewing the files one by one, she write down all the victim's name. Most of the names were familiar to her, so sh. Her conclusin increases as she stopped searching, until shee stumbles familiar names in the victim's list.

“Park Yoochun, Kim Junsu, and the latest is Kim Jung Ho”. Understanding dawned on her. “Most of the victims are related to these three persons. Have a great connection to the black market.”

“So you already knew about them, Sunny Lee....” a cold barrel has pressed at the back oh her head as she heard the cold voice Sunny has ever had.

“Sungmin....?” Sunny said.

“No need to turn around. What I needed if the file that you are currently browsing. I will not allow you to know more about them.” Sungmin said as he reached down to Sunny's computer and retrieve all the files that was been opened.

“Why?...” and the conclusion hit her. “You're the one who murdered them?!”

Sungmin did not answer her as he finished retrieving the files in her computer and clears out all of its tracks. Sungmin stares at Sunny.

“And so you already figured it out then.” Sungmin turned off the computer after finishing his tasks. “This will be enough.” Sungmin turned Sunny's chair to face him.”I have to do this. Tsk,Justice had failed me.” he whispered to Sunny's ear as he injected a sleeping draught on Sunny's neck. Sunny felt the draught instanty, but her determination to fight the drug surfaces as she still wanted to interrogate Sungmin.

=======================================================================================================================

“Hey Kiddo, get your filthy hands at my precious hard disks.” Kyuhyun whispers menacingly to Henry's ear and aims his gun at the young computer geek's head. Kyuhyun sneaked to the computer room where Henry is currently working. Herny raised his both hands and stands slowly, but then he choose to give Kyuhyun a fight to protect their evidences. Unfortunately, Henry's quick skills overpowered by much experienced and taller enemy. Henry was knocked down on the floor and Kyuhyun injected a sleeping drug at his neck.

“Sleep well kiddo. If ever you are not one of the police force, I might say you can be my perfect assistant.” his smile is in truimph as he retrieve his stolen files. But as he finished his tasks, he saw at his portable tracking device: a bunch of men is slowly approaching where Sungmin is staying at the moment, their enemies.

“Hyung...”

=======================================================================================================================

“Why...are you doing..this?” Sunny words is cut with her gasps as she fought the sleeping draught that is slowly invading on her body. Sungmin stares at her for minute before he speak.

“Revenge...”

“It is over....right?!” Sunny takes a deep breath to fight off the clouds in her eyes..the effects of the sleeping draught continues. “ You can...stop.....and...surrender..”

“No, I can't.” he said. “Even I already finished my vengeance over my parent's death, I think I personally added one on my list.” He chuckles.

“....Who?”

“Why do you ask so many questions, Sunny-shi? Better shut your mouth now.”

Upon closing Sunny's eyes, Siwon enters the room with reinforcement.

“Put your hands up, Lee Sugmin!” Choi Siwon bellowed and aimed his gun at Sungmin.

“Ah, so you had called me by my name with out 'Sunbae-nim eh?” Sungmin said cooly, but his mind is racing on how he will escape on this one. He cursed himself why did he lingers too long talking to Sunny. “Honesly where are your manners, Siwon-sshi?”

“Unfortunately, I do not know anything about you as a member of the assasins I met. For now, I am a police officer and implements the full force of the law. Put your hands up.” Siwon said calmly.

Sungmin has no choice but surrender. Until he heard Kyuhyun in his line.

“Hyung, standby. Wait for my signal to jump.”

Seconds went by until he heard Kyuhyun's command. “Jump on the near window, Sungmin hyung!”

Sungmin darted to the nearest window and jump. Kyunhyun has made an explosion to the next room to make the diversion. Siwon reached for the unconscious Sunny and retreated to the safe place together with his comrades,but the image of Sungmin smiling left in Siwon's memory.