Chapter 10 - The Operation

The Elusive Assassin

“Sunbae, are you ready?” asked Ryeowook.

“More than ready.” Sungmin replied. The two of them are wearing a pair of black suits but then they are carrying guns with silencer, and in Ryeowwok’s case, he brings his laptop for their operation. ”Preparations ready?” he asked sternly while proceeding in the office where their target, Kim Jung Ho stays for that day.

“Yes, Kyuhyun already deactivate the alarm system in the whole office. Explosive plan already installed in case the execution missed. I checked all the gadgets and our guns and all are in perfect condition. It’s only you that I am worried, Sunbae” Ryeowook glanced at his Sunbae.

“Why?” Sungmin asked back.

He looked at him with a concern. “I always saw you all calmed during the time that we are doing our mission. You do not show an emotion even the last thing to do is to kill our target. But now, you are all tensed up. I can feel that this mission is a special one, am I right? Sunbae?” Ryeowook called Sungmin’s attention.

Sungmin stirred at his thoughts and clears his throat to answer Ryeowook’s question. He chose to answer it as short as possible. “Yes, Ryeowook. This is the mission that I am waiting to do. Have the operation moves as smooth as possible……..please?”

Ryeowook was shocked upon his Sunbae’s statement. Did I hear him say ‘please’? he thought. Upon seeing Sungmin’s blazing eyes full of determination it seems give him strength to do this mission.

“I will, Hyung.”

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Kim Jung Ho arrived at his building marching up with his advance party of male guards, Sunny and Hyeohyon bringing up the front. The receptionist bowed and greeted them and proceeds to his office.

“Kim Jung Ho, we will ask certain questions?  Your answers will give us a hint with the person or group that want to dead.” Sunny fires her question as they settle down in the sofa. Kim Jung Ho sighed and nods in her inquiry.

“Do you know Lee Chunhwa and his family? Together with his wife they were murdered and burned inside their own house. Official records say you were positively identified by their eldest son on his parent’s murder.” She said.

“Psh! I was cleared on that case long time ago. I even pleaded innocence in the court for this murder.” Kim Jung Ho calmly said to Sunny.

“Do you know the whereabouts of their son? He might me the one who sent these threats on you?” She asked.

“As if I care. They were banished, I think due to the little brother’s need for rehabilitation.” He said. He looks more irritated as Sunny proceeds with the question leading to the Lee family murder ten years ago.

This man is obviously avoiding this kind of conversation. Sunny thought for a moment. He also noticed that the man always averted his eyes on hers and becomes pale every second passes.

“I’ll leave this conversation for today. We will go back to our Headquarters for our report.” Sunny said and nods at Hyeohyon. The two women bowed at the man and went outside immediately.

Kim Jung Ho was in deep thought. He knows he already banished the brothers as far as Busan, with no help from their relatives, so there would not have a possibility that he will meet them. But the murders of his business partners, Park Yoochun and Kim Junsu, were a bit mystery to him and also the seal which was found on their side after they were murdered. “I have to check their whereabouts. He took his phone and immediately call his henchmen ordering them to look for Lee ChunHwa’s son. But after the conversation ended, lights flickered and finally went out. The place is too dark and he had to In the darkness to feel his office telephone. But as he placed his ear to the telephone, it was cut, for he cannot hear the dial tone anymore. He began to panic as he calls for his bodyguard.

A man entered the office but since it is dark so he did not suspect that it was Ryeowook. Ryeowook slashes needle thin rods which went to Kim Jung Ho’s neck. He was raised in the ceiling and about to hang when the second man enters the room with a murderous look in his eyes. Kim Jung Ho’s eyes bulged in fear while struggling as he recognized the second person carrying the gun with a silencer.

“Good evening Mr Kim Jung Ho…..I’ve been waiting to see you after ten years.” Lee Sungmin said as he approached the struggling man.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Sunny has her instincts when bad things will happen. She went back to the building and the entire place was dark. The receptionist was sleeping and she found out that former was sedated.

Telephone lines were out of line and her mobile phone signal has died out. She hesitated to go inside. She went outside to search for signal to call Hyeohyon and reinforcements. She went back to the building and find his bodyguards were also sedated. She sniffs the place and recognized the chemical was sprayed with sedatives. She covers her nose with a hanky and proceeds to Kim Jung Ho’s office. As she opens the door a man standing in the dark facing a struggling hanged man

Kim Jung Ho managed to struggle in his life as the second man aims a gun in his forehead. Seconds show makes the man immobile. He’s dead.

She was about to raise her voice when a cold barrel of a cold barrel of the gun pointed at her temple.

“Don’t move if you want tour life to be spared.” Ryeowwok said, but trained as Sunny is, she immobilized the man and it’s her turn to declare her presence.

“Freeze! Put your gun down and raise your hand on your head!” Sunny shouted. Sungmin caught his attention and slowly moved to her direction. Sungmin calmly smiled at her. She recognized the moment her voice echoed. He raised his hand to surrender. Sunny did not know Sungmin has plans to escape the detective.

Sunny walked slowly towards Sungmin but as she walks closer he spoke. “Detective Sunny, finally I met you. Kekeke. Do you think that I will be caught that simple? A brave of you, being alone in this operation.” He chooses to stay still as Sunny stops at her tracks and aiming a gun at him.

“Shut up!” You are under arrest of the murder of Kim Jung Ho.

Sungmin smiled upon seeing his reinforcement. Kyuhyun came at the scene on time and fires a gun at Sunny’s leg that causes the latter to scream in pain and immobilized her.

“I told you to use a silencer upon firing.” Sungmin frowned  at Kyuhyun. The latter scoffed at his hyung’s comments. “It will be no use, Hyung. The police reinforcements will arrive in five minutes. I can hear the mobile alerts while I’m running here.” Kyuhyun said.

Sungmin sighed. “Alright, let’s go immediately. Just carry him.” He pointed at unconscious Ryeowook, but Kyuhyun shakes his head. “Don’t wanna, he’s heavy.” He flashes his evil smile on Sungmin. “and I have many equipment to carry. Let’s go immediately, hyung, they are coming.”

Sungmin sighed again. He carries Ryeowook and leaves Sunny behind. Sunny was slowly getting into sleep due to the sedative that was contained in the bullet. But before they exited the room, Sungmin shouted “See you again, Miss Lee!” and salutes at her and leaves.

Sunny cursed at herself but determination did not leave her. He slowly reached for her gun and fires at Sungmin. The latter missed the gunshot but makes him turn to her again. He flashed his sweet smile and aims a gun to the immobilized body of Kim Jung Ho, which makes the latter’s body to set it on fire. Sunny received her second shock of the event, Sungmin scatters a chemical on the victim’s body to make it ignited.

Sungmin went into the car with Kyuhyun and Ryeowook carrying him. Finally, I got my revenge. He said to himself.

On the other hand, police came to the crime scene and rushed to Sunny’s side. “He succeeded.” Sunny muttered to herself bitterly.