Gayo Deajun Performances; The Special Stages Part 2! :D

~ARCANIUM~ {SM's new girl group}

Somewhere at one side of the stage, there stood a nervous looking girl wearing a pink strapless dress with her hands moving according to the lines that was said in her cue cards.

"Welcoming everyone again to this year's MBC Gayo- ah~" The girl stopped and let her right hand fix the locks of hair that fell on her shoulder when she moved her head, then when she was satisfied she continued practing her lines.

"Welciming- aigoo..." She paused again, this time because of mispronouncing the word "Welcome".

"Dian ah!" A male voice from her back called out. When she turned around, she saw her MC partner all prepped up again for MC-ing after his group's performance before the gap.

"Onew oppa, great job earlier!" Dian greeted back clapping Onew on his back as a form of congratulations.

"Yeah? But I don't think anyone can top you and your groupmates' performances earlier. Anyway, thank you! Were you practicing your lines before I arrived?" A nod was what Dian gave as an answer and Onew walked out for a while then emerged with two seats and motioned Dian to sit at the other before continuing, "Can I join you then? I still haven't practiced because of the preparations of the performance."

 

A little while later, after the small gap for some commercials, the spotlight went on and was pointing at the left side of the stage where Dian and Onew is.

"Welcoming everyone again to this year's MBC Gayo Daejun, Hello, I'm Arcanum's Dian!"

"And I'm SHINee's Onew!" At this point the two exchanged swift glances, smiled and asked the viewers, "Are you all having fun?!"

 

---------------------

 

A live band was situated in the stage for the performance of the different vocalists of some idol groups that would be on in a while.

 

Arcanum's leader, Kim Soogin, is standing at one of the elevated platforms at the stage where she and her duet partner, Super Junior's Cho Kyuhyun, will be performing. Next to their platform, a little higher, Taeyeon and Yesung stood joking around like they are not bound to perform moments later. And then at her right, one platform away is Luna and Jonghyun practicing. Everywhere she looks the other duet partners are there except 2AM's Changmin's and hers which made her more anxious.

"I can do this. I really can! It's not as if it's my first time singing in front of many people right? I can do this, I'm not Arcanum's leader for no reason. I can-" Her monologue was cut shorter when she felt a tap on her shoulder. Turning around, she saw her partner wearing an outfit complementing hers. Instead of the standard white shirt that most of the male vocalists are doning for the performance, Kyuhun wore a red shirt behind his vest and completed with a white tie.

"Hey, sorry for the delay, I just finished dressing up. Shall we practice for a bit?" Amidst the cheers of the audience, especially the ELF, when they saw him walked in just before the MC skit of Dian and Onew went on, Kyuhyun asked. Instead of answering his question, she returned with a question,

"Aren't you dressed up for this performance since after the opening? And weren't you wearing a black shirt and white suit earlier?"

"O-oh that. Well, since we're doing duets, I thought that it was better if I match your outfit... So..." Kyuhyun replied with his signature smile and then continued, "We're third in the line-up, we should practice."

 

And so, after the MCs' greeting, the dueting partners went on and sang. Changmin and Raina went first, then Jonghyun and Luna, and (as what Kyuhyun said earlier) Soogin and Kyuhyun went ahead. Followed by Yoseob and Gayoon, Junsu and Soyeon, and lastly by Yesung and Taeyeon.

The two didn't go as far as to what kind of actions to do at the stage, they did talk about the occasional glaces that they should make throughout the song, but other than that they decided to just let the flow get them. And so, when Soogin thought that at was all over, her partner surprised her with a last minute addition to their performance by slowly taking her hand in his and looking at her with his serious look as they belted the last of the song.

 

----------------------

 

"Seowoon ah, PD-nim asked us to go on standby at the green room now." Minhyuk informed Seowoon as the rest of CNBlue passed by to where she is.

"Oh, okay. Thanks Minhyuk oppa! I'll be there in a minute, I'm just..." Seowoon's sentence trailed off as she put her green guitar at her back and squat near some audio equipment and peaked under and at the back of it.

"Lost something?" Jungshin asked and Seowoon replied, "Y-yeah, I remembered playing with it somewhere here when we were going back our room. Or maybe I just misplaced it, I really can't remember..."

"Your guitar pick?" Jonghyun said making the three look at him, his bandmates with astonisment and Seowoon with curiousity.

"Yeah, how did you know? Have you seen it somewhere?" She asked, now standing up and facing the band guitarist. Jonghyun shrugged and then said, "Well, it often happens to me too... Forgetting where I put my guitar pick. Maybe you just misplaced it, had it between pages of a book or something."

"Oh! You're a genuis, Jonghyun sshi! I think I remember now! I did put it between pages 135 and 136 of the book that I'm reading!" Out of habit, Seowoon hit Jonghyun lightly at his forearm and then said, "But I don't have the time to get it from our waiting room, or stand here this long, so let's get going! I'll just go with my bare hands!" She then herds off the boys to the green room where they are supposed to be.

 

"Standby, CNBlue and Seowoon sshi!" The floor director said from the side of the stage.

"Seowoon sshi, here use this." Jonghyun said handing his white guitar pick to Seowoon who accepted it politely. Then the guitarist began searching his pockets saying, "I just remembered that I still have another pick right... here. You don't want your stylist to get mad at you for ruining your finger nails, right?"

"You're right. Joo Eun unnie would be furious if I were to get my nail polish chapped! Thank you again Jonghyun sshi!" Seowoon replied giving him a smile just in time before the floor director began the countdown for them to start performing.

 

-----------------------

 

Still with her earphones on, Gayoung is now sitting at a stool at the green room with staffs and her "Sorijilleo" group members (Sorijilleo was the group name that Heechul came up after learning that the MC-ing group came out with a group name, Chocolate Waffles). In a while they were tasked to close the program. According to the program guide, they were to sing "Run to You" and "Then Then Then" with DJ Doc and Supreme Team. And at the start of the second verse of "Then Then Then" the idol groups would begin coming in the stage to "Come join the party" as Heechul put it.

 

Few minutes later, someone snatched the earphone at her right and sat next to her. She looked at the male with straight face as if asking what the guy was doing.

"What? I want to listen to some songs to!" Key answered with a grin and then started rapping with the song.

"You know... You could just have told me that you want to share and I'll gladly do so, right?" Gayoung said, snatched back the other earphone from Key's ear and then playfully bumped his shoulder with hers. And being as playful as Gayoung is, Key returned the bump and come the next seconds, Gayoung and Key was now playing "Tag" with only the two of them. When Key was about to tap Gayoung back, a hand pinched one side of their faces. Looking up their seats, they saw the face of Heechul with a finger wriggling like a parent willing a son or daughter to stop playing around and then said, “Ya, YoungBum couple, remember what I told you both?”

“Oppa! We told you, we’re not a couple!” Gayoung started protesting and looking at Key for back-up but instead of backing her up, he put up with what Heechul said with a sly smile, “Yeah, yeah. We get it hyung. We’ll stop before a scandal breaks.” With that, Gayoung started poking Key’s sides and within seconds the second wave of their “Tag” started.

“Hey, YoungBum!” Heechul exclaimed again as Amber started laughing at his side.

“Ne! Ne~ we’ll stop now.” The two said as they stood and faced Heechul and Amber.

“Okay! Remember…” Heechul started and motioned for the other three to say the next line with him, “We’re the life of the party!”

 

-------------------------------------------

 

HERE IT IS! J)))))))))))

I HOPE YOU LIKE IT!

Love lots,

Seowoon! <3