Gayo Deajun Performances; The Special Stages (FINALLY!)

~ARCANIUM~ {SM's new girl group}

"It's starting. It's starting!" Minah said to no one in particular (but got everyone's attention) as she plopped down the seetee across the TV in Arcanum's shared waiting room f(x).

And like her yelling got three doors down, SHINee's Key and Minho came in the room and stood up behind Minah also to watch the VCR.

 

"Hana. Dul. Set!" T-ara's Eunjung's voice boomed inside the auditorium where the event is being held as an opening for the idols' VTR for MBC's Gayo Daejun (which was their small gap for the maintenance team to tidy up for the next performances). In an instant thousands of eyes were pinned in the huge LED screen at the stage and screams were made. For the VCR, MBC gathered one member of every 'young' groups there is in the market today such as SHINee, Miss A, Block B and Arcanum.

"Annyeong Haseyo!" Various clips of idols were mixed-up to be made as a form of greeting for the audience and then followed by their own introductions. And then random clips of the idols greeting and goofing around with each other as they waited for their turns for the mini photo shoot that they are having.

And then, one-by-one or by groups (whichever they liked), the idols answered the question, "What must an ispiring idol have to attain their goal?".

"Never giving up and the will to give happiness to others, that's the key!" Arcanum's very own Minah and SHINee's Minho said in unison with their charming smiles through the end of the clip followed by the fading out of the two giving each other a surprised look and then laughing afterwards.

 

Back at the waiting room, the other members of the three SMTown groups and staffs began giving their comments, praising and pointing out things to them. And as it all died down, Key put both his hands at the two's shoulders and said in a soft whisper like a mother complimenting her son's choice of a girl, "Such a combination!".

 

-------------------------------

 

Last minute preparations and rehearsals, touch-ups being made in constumes, standing by the right side of the stage with the dancers of the same company. And then some more tidying of the stage for the dance showdown of two of the biggest entertainment companies in Korea, JYP and SM.

 

"JYP!"  The pre-recorded voice of 2PM's Taecyeon signaled the JYP dancers' spotlight to be . Then, on was the voice of So Nyeo Shi Dae's Tiffany which was the signal for SMTown's spotlight to be lighted, too."SM Entertainment!" Both groups are now illuminated as the dancers holds their poses for a while as they had practiced earlier.

As the viewers took on the view of some of Korea's top idol dancers a song by JYP's Wonder Girls went on. The girl dancers of JYP took center stage and danced some parts of the hit dance song of "Nobody". Followed by the SMTown's girls dancing to "Tell Me Your Wish". Then same goes to the boys, first "Again and Again" for the boys of JYP and "Sorry Sorry" on the other hand for SMTown's boys.

And then, it was time for couple dance battles. First on was HyoyeonxEunhyuk, YoonaxDonghae, TaecyeonxFei and ChansungxYoobin dancing to Justin Timberlake's "y Back". As expected, the members gave a stunning and, as the title suggested, 'y' number.

After the first couple dance battle, few seconds of black-out was made and when the lights went on, the rest are now positioned in as if they were in a real "Circus", getting the idea from the title of the song that they are about to perform. Wooyoung and Krystal are dangling above the stage, sitting at a ring, and are supported by harnesses. Taemin and Min are up in hydraulics at the two sides of the stage. Leaving Gomin on top of an elevated stage and Junho sitting at the edge of a cage where the first couples are now in.

Then when the opening lyrics of the song came, Junho somersaulted from the top of the edge and came to where Gomin is now readying herself to "fall" into Junho's arms and start the dance as the others began coming to their own positions in the dance. As the dance progressed the coupling began forming - KrystalxJunho, MinxWooyoung and TaeminxGomin - and the cage was slowly coming up.

And lastly, to end the showdown, the dancers now going back to their sides, right for SM and left for JYP, and when the last note of the song boomed the dancers resumed their positions to when it all began.

 

---------------------

 

"YEAH!" The MC's for the first part of the program, Jokwon, Yuri, and Tiffany, all exclaimed.

"Ya~! That was great! DAEBAK!" Jokwon said in which Yuri and Tiffany nodded their heads in affirmation then Yuri interjected, "Yeorobeun, do you want more?!"

With that, the audience began chanting "More! More!" which was Tiffany's cue to introduce the next performers for the night.

"You want more? Then here it is!"

 

---------------------

 

A longer version of the song intro of IU and Seulong's "Nagging" went on and the stage lighting all lit up. At the center of the stage there sit in a wooden bench IU and Arcanum's Monroe facing each other, talking and laughing, when two boys - Joon and Seulong - came out between the parted LED screen with both of their hands filled with flowers, teddy bears and chocolates.

Turning their heads to where the boys are, the two girls got up their seats, IU then folded her arms at her chest and began singing and then Seulong began coming closer to where IU is, giving her the things in his arms but IU turned everything down.

On the other hand, Monroe now walked at the opposite side of the stage with Joon coming at her tail. Just like the IUxSeulong couple, Monroe started pulling a trick, more commonly known as "mildang", at Joon. Looking away from Joon when he would flick a glace at her but then grinning happily when he turns away. That went on until the second verse of the song came.

When it was Monroe's turn to sing, she then turned around to face Joon and started singing with a slight smile in her face. Following the flow of the performance that they made, Joon, when it was his turn to sing, and Seulong gave their partners that boquet of flowers which they both accepted.

Those "mildang" scenes went on until the end where, after all their pushing and pulling with each other, the two couples walked to the bench and there sang the last of the song. When the end notes began, the couples got to positions which they rehearsed for their ending pose. IU and Seulong sat on the bench with IU's head on top of Seulong's shoulder then Monroe standing not far from the bench and Joon at his knees, Monroe's right hand at his for him to kiss at the very last note of the song.

 

At the closing of the stage lights, the viewers, especially the girls began squealing at the poses made by the four singers.

 

-----------------------

 

Kyaaaaaaa~! This is it. FINALLY!

Yep, this isn't just an illusion, I really do hope at y'all are still there and will be able to appreciate this chapter that even I is waiting for the longest time.

Well, it all turned up that Lee Jonghyun's birthday was all that I have been waiting for all these time. I didn't even dare sleep because I'm frightened that all the creative juices that I'm holding on would sip out my mind but, alas, I also did end up sleeping. XD

Anyways, next chapter is for the the other girls - Kim Heegin, Hwang Dian and Lee Gayoung - along with my own. :)

 

Okay then! Lots of love,

Seowoon~ ♥