Ch. 3

Being Human

 

As Ren approached the delinquents' table, he heard people beginning to whisper. 
 
Ignoring them, he continue to waltz over until he stood in front of the seven boys.
 
"JR, right?" He said airily.
 
The guys stared up at him. 
 
Ren noticed the one called Key raise an eyebrow before scanning him up and down. 
 
Feline eyes squinted in scrutiny before finally dismissing him and turning back to tall guy with the big eyes.
 
JR looked up at Ren and groaned. "You again? What do you want?"
 
"We're classmates. Isn't it only natural to get know your peers?"  Ren cocked his head.
 
When JR didn't answer him the boy next to him spoke up. 
 
"I'm Aron." He introduced himself and held out a hand. "Don't mind JR, he's rude to everyone he doesn't know well."
 
Surprised by how normal Aron seemed, Ren accepted the handshake. "I'm Minki, but I go by Ren."
 
"Oh honey," Came a sleek voice. It was Key. "What is on your wrist?"
 
Ren looked down at the silver bracelet he'd thrown on that morning. 
 
"It's called silver." He stared at Key, the corner of his lip pulling up. "I believe you poor people enjoy stealing it from our kitchens."
 
Key smirked. "Tell me, do all rich people dress in outdated styles like you? I thought you had people pick out your clothes like an elementary schooler or is it just incompetence."
 
Ren gasped internally. No one had ever insulted his fashion taste before. He kept a cool appearance and stuck his nose up. 
 
"At least I can afford whatever style I choose."
 
Key narrowed his feline eyes at Ren for a moment longer, causing the younger to shift uncomfortably - something he'd never experienced before.
 
Suddenly, the man gave a dazzling smile. "I like you. You're a cute little plaything. I think I'll keep you as a doll for future boredom."
 
Just like that, Ren had earned the acceptance of the diva.
 
"Come." Key motioned him over. "Sit here." 
 
Ren took another look at JR who was messing with his phone and strutted over to Key.
 
"Tell me, where do you get your hair done? I'm getting tired of brown and I was thinking of going with blonde but all the stylists around here ." The diva Ren's ponytail. "Your color is so good given your complexion but your eyeliner isn't done properly. It looks too amateur."
 
Ren's eyes widened at the man. "Um, I get mine done at this place in Gangnam. The man there is French and the dye jobs he gives cost a load but they're to die for." Ren felt himself loosening up. "But your makeup is flawless and your cheekbones! I'm so jealous! Are your eyes real? I adore the eyeliner you've got. We must meet up and you can show me how to do it. It looks so natural."
 
"Oh, I know. It took me years to master it. About my eyes, that's a secret." Key winked. "Now why did you come over here to this table? Was is just for JR? Honey, you can do so much better than that thug."
 
A halfhearted grunt came from JR's end of the table.
 
"Will you shut up, ?" The called Inati spoke up from across Ren.
 
"Come closer, you , and I'll turn your into your second ." Key snapped at him before turning his attention back to Ren.
 
Ren stared in awe at the older diva. Never before had he met someone so fabulous.
 
"JR is a lazy . You could do better with Yongguk here." 
 
Key nudged the sleeping guy.
 
Yongguk groaned but sat up, rubbing his eyes.
 
"Woah. Who are you?" He squinted.
 
Ren almost fainted from the sheer iness that was his voice.
 
"My toy." Key slung an arm over the blonde's shoulder protectively. "Oh will you stop with the glaring already. It doesn't actually scare anyone." Key turned his attention back to Ren. "I take it back. All the guys at this table are asses and we deserve some arm candy that do more than scratch their butts and act like monkeys all day."
 
"Hey!" Aron protested.
 
"With the exception of Aron, of course. The only sane one here."
 
"." Inati said.
 
"Manwhore." Key shot back.
 
Ren clasped his hands and looked up at the diva in admiration. "You are absolutely fabulous." He gushed.
 
"Oh, I know." Key waved a hand. "Where do you sit? I want to see what the other tables are like." He whispered in Ren's ear. "These losers don't know a perm from a pedicure."
 
Ren pointed to Minhyun and Baekho reluctantly.
 
"Oh! That blonde one is there!" Key exclaimed. "Come on. Introduce us." He stared at Ren.
 
Ren's eyebrows shot up but stood up nonetheless and made his way over to Minhyun and Baekho. 
 
It wasn't until after both he and Key had sat down that Ren realized the tall, frog-like guy had followed them. 
 
"He never leaves me alone." Key explained, rolling his eyes.
 
In the meantime, Minhyun had been choking on his sandwich and Baekho was trying to make him cough it up.
 
When he was finally breathing again, Ren pointed at Minhyun. 
 
"That's Minhyun, and that's Baekho." 
 
"You are completely adorable!" Key exclaimed and grabbed the blonde boy. "I just want to hug you and take you home!"
 
Baekho turned bright red.
 
"He's straight." Ren said, hoping to get the diva off of his new friend.
 
"So?" Key looked over from his viper grip on Baekho. "I can change that."
 
Baekho looked even more flustered.
 
Minho stared on sullenly.