Only Close Friends

Avoiding Pretty Boy's Heart [editing]

Chapter 36: Only Close Friends

Jaemi shrugged and went to her class. It was Jimin's business, and she shouldn't get involve with it. Jaein on the other hand arrived at school not long ago and was greeted by Jong Up.

"I'm still mad about yesterday," Jong Up said.

"It's your own fault," Jaein said.

"My hurts," he added. Jaein laughed a little. "You deserved it."

Jong Up pouted and stomped his feet. Jaein shook her head and walked away. Jong Up then hurried after her. He sent her to class and went to his. Time passed by quickly and soon lunch came. Jong Up was outside waiting for Jaein.

"BOO!" he screamed. Jaein looked at him with a straight face, "Ohh~ i'm so scared."

"Your sarcasm hurts you know?" Jong Up clutched his chest and acted like he was hurt. She laughed, "Sorry then~"

The two left to get lunch. Jaemi already grabbed her lunch and a seat at BTS’s table. Jimin wasn't around with them.

"Where's Jimin?" Jaemi asked. They shrugged and continued what they were doing. Jimin was sitting alone near the school's field. He wasn't hungry, and he didn't want to encounter Jaein after what he did. He sighed and sat down on the table near the tree with no leaves. He didn't know what to do now.

"It’s your choice, make a new path or continue walking the one you already created…”

Minah words rumbled through his head. A rush of guilt ran through his body. He breathed in the cold air and slowly let it out.

"I have to tell her..." he mumbled.

 



 

Jaemi spent the past minutes glancing around the cafeteria looking for Jimin. Her eyes then landed on a pair entering the doors.

"Jaein?" Jaemi tilted her head. "Where's Jimin then?"

"Guys is Jimin and Jaein okay?" Jaemi then turned towards BTS. They all stopped talking as the atmosphere got tense.

"You don't know noona?" Jungkook asked.

"Know what?" Jaemi turned her eyes towards Jungkook. The younger one was going to say something when RapMon covered his mouth.

"It's Jimin's job to tell you," RapMon said. "It's better if you get it from him."

Jaemi then stood up. *what on earth have i missed out on? i feel something bad crawling on this...and where is Jimin?*

Jaemi dumped her tray and went through the whole school looking for Jimin. She finally found him leaving the table he was at. He lifted his head and stopped in his tracks.

"Jimin!" Jaemi yelled his name.

"J-jaemi," his words stuttered. Jaemi ran towards him, "How come you’re not at BTS’s table?"

"I-i-i just needed some time alone," Jimin replied.

"Are you and Jaein ok?" Jaemi asked. Jimin then felt his heart stopped at the mention of her name. He didn't reply to Jaemi. She waved her hand in front of his face.

"Did you two get into a fight?" Jaemi asked. Jimin felt his heart racing faster and faster. He was lost for words to reply to her. Jaemi tried to look at Jimin and get his attention but he kept turning away from her eyes.

"Did something bad happen?" she added. Jimin took in a deep breath and slowly let it out.

"I-i broke up with Jaein," he finally said. Jaemi widened her eyes, "What? Why?"

Without a second thought, Jimin quickly grabbed Jaemi in for a hug.

"I still have feelings for you," he whispered. Jaemi was lost for a second until it finally rang through her ears. She pushed him away, "What?”

“After you return, the feelings came back as well,” Jimin said. “I didn’t know what to do. I was with Jaein, but then my feelings for you kept interfering, so I finally gave it all a deep thought and-and I chose you.”

“No no no no,” Jaemi shook her head. “Jimin, what are you doing?”

“What do you mean?” Jimin cut her. “I-I like you Jaemi.”

“No,” she looked into his eyes. “I already threw away my feelings for you. You should do the same Jimin. We’re…we’re only close friends nothing more.”

“J-jaemi,” Jimin felt like his whole world was falling apart. Jaemi backed away, “Jaein…you belong with Jaein. She’s the one that will love you the rest of your life. Not me. I already like someone else.”

The lunch bell rang as Jaemi turned and left to her class. Jimin stood still and watched as Jaemi’s figure disappeared down the halls of the school.

 



 

“YAH! MOON JONG UP!” Jaein yelled chasing after Jong Up who had taken Jaein’s bag with him. He had insisted on sending Jaein to her next class but she refused. Instead he took her bag and ran off leaving her behind. Now the two were running down the halls screaming.

“You have to run faster if you want your bag~” Jong Up sing and ran down the hall and turned the corner to where her class was. Jaein gave up on running and stopped to take some breaths. She prepared herself for another run but bumped into another student.

“Oh I’m sorry,” Jaein bowed.

“It’s ok~” the familiar voice rang through her ears. Jaein’s body stiffened as she slowly lift her head up.

“Oh Jaein!” Jaemi smiled and hugged her immediately.

“U-uh J-jaemi,” Jaein didn’t know what to say now. Jaemi backed away and slowly hung her head, “I…heard.”

“A-ah, everyone should’ve by now,” Jaein mumbled.

“I’m-,” Jaemi was going to say something when Jong Up popped up and dragged Jaein away.

“Youngjae’s looking for you,” he quickly said without looking at Jaemi. Jaein glanced back but then followed after Jong Up.

 


e
iapple's noteu
updated!~
why? i'm at school and im not suppose to be on this but hey gonna update for yalls~~
i might get my internet back next week~~~
kays gtg now~~