For Me

Avoiding Pretty Boy's Heart [editing]

Chapter 37: For Me

School had finally ended that day. Jong Up waited for Jaein to come out of her class. Once he spotted her, he headed towards her. The two walked in silence towards the gate.  Jaein slowly slow down her walking pace when a familiar figure walked past her. She glanced at his back and let the voice she missed rang through her ears. Jaein watched as he came to a stop. Jimin turned around and froze in his spot. The two finally locked eyes with each other. Jong Up wanted to say something to ease out the awkwardness but he kept quiet.

“Jaein,” Jimin mumbled. Jaein slowly forced a smile. *I need to be strong*

“Hey Jimin,” Jaein said. It became quiet again after that.

“Youngjae’s waiting,” Jong Up finally spoke up. “We should get going.”

Jaein nodded and looked at Jimin, “I’ll…I’ll see you around.”

Jimin slowly nodded as the two walked past him. He felt guilt rushed through his veins. He knew well that she wasn’t ok. He knew that she couldn’t have recovered so fast. Jimin turned and watched her walk away with Jong Up.

“That should be you with her,” Minah whispered. Jimin sighed and shook his head, “She deserves someone better than me…I-I hurt her heart. I don’t deserve her.”

“Who said that?” Minah asked. Jimin stuffed his phone in his pocket and fixed his coat, “Me.”

She rolled her eyes and shook her head, “That doesn’t mean you can’t win her back.”

“Where’s Taehyung?” Jimin ignored her words.

“Something carved can never be replaced so easily,” Minah added. “You still have a chance. I reckon you take that chance.”

“I’m heading out first,” Jimin said and walked away. He pulled out some headphones and plugged them in. Music was the only way out when a lot of things ran through his head. He stopped and looked up. He didn’t even realize that he had reached her house. Not any ‘her’ but Jaein. Jimin shifted his head towards where her window was at. Memories flashed through his head as he held his chest. *I-I don’t deserve you after what I did…I’m sorry Jaein…I can’t even face the fact that I chose such a stupid path…what was I thinking…*

Jimin looked down to the ground and sighed. He turned and continued walking home.

 



 

Jaein sat in her room and stared at the window. There was nothing to do. She had finished her homework early and now wished she hadn’t. She then thought back to when school ended. Jaein pulled her knees to her chest. *it actually feels nicer to face him then avoid him…maybe this break up isn’t so bad...*

There was a knock on her bedroom door and soon the door opened.

“I’m going out to meet up with someone,” Youngjae said. “Are you okay staying alone? Do you want someone over?”

“I’m good,” Jaein replied. “Don’t take too long~”

He nodded and closed her door. Jaein then went back to sitting on her bed. Her stomach growled as she held it.

“I should’ve told him to buy something to eat on the way back,” she mumbled and stood up. Jaein walked downstairs and entered the kitchen. There was nothing that seemed to satisfy her stomach. She sat down and the TV. She flipped through all the channels and turned off the TV. Her phone rang from her bedroom. She quickly ran up the stairs and into her room. Jaein grabbed her phone and looked at it.

“Minah!” she said and answered it. “Hello~”

“JAEIN!” Minah yelled. “Girl I haven’t talk to you in a while now~”

“Ah I’m sorry~” Jaein said. “Jong Up wouldn’t allow me to talk to anyone close with BTS.”

“Aish, he’s not even your brother,” Minah said. “Well you want to go out for something to eat?”

“Um…,” Jaein thought about it. “Sure, I’m starving.”

Minah laughed, “Ok, I’ll come over and we can go from there.”

“Ok, I’ll be waiting~” Jaein said and the two hung up. Jaein then called Youngjae noting him about her going out to eat. He disagreed at first but after a while he gave up.

“Just be home before 9PM,” he added and hung up. Jaein looked through her closet and put on some casual winter clothing. She walked downstairs and waited for Minah. Soon enough Minah showed up and the two left walking towards the bus. They decided to go eat out at a fast food restaurant. They waited for the bus to arrived and entered. The bus came to a stop near the mall and the two walked out. A fast food restaurant was nearby and they walked towards it. Minah was ahead and opened the door first letting Jaein walk in. They ordered their food and sat down.

“So how’s your day been?” Minah asked.

“Alright,” Jaein smiled. “You?”

“I’m all good~” Minah smiled back. Soon enough their orders came in. They ate the night away and chatted about things they each missed on. Suddenly Jaein’s phone rang. She picked it up.

“Hey,” she answered.

“I’m almost done with dance practice,” Jong Up said. “You want to go eat out?”

“Actually I’m already eating out with Minah,” Jaein replied.

“Oh…” he mumbled. She could hear the disappointment in his voice.

“I’ll come by,” Jaein added. “So wait for me.”

“You don’t hav-,” Jong Up said but she cut him.

“I’ll see you soon bye~” Jaein said and hung up. She turned and looked at Minah.

“Let’s go, I need to go meet up with Jong Up,” Jaein said. Minah nodded and stood up. She followed Jaein to order some food for Jong Up and then the two walked out together towards the bus. They sat down and converse until it was Minah’s stop. Minah stood up and looked at Jaein one more time, “Jaein…”

“Hm?” Jaein looked at her.

“I-i-I’ll see you at school tomorrow,” she said and left. Jaein saw the look on her face and knew that she was meaning to say something else. When the bus finally stopped near the dance studio Jaein got out and headed towards it. She saw other dancers walking out and finally entered.

“Hungry?” she asked and held out the bag with the hamburgers and fries. Jong Up laughed and nodded.

“You didn’t have to buy me food,” he added as she walked towards him.

“I felt bad,” Jaein said and sat down next to him. Jong Up opened the bag up and started on the food.

“Thanks,” he smiled.

“I know how much you like fast food restaurant,” she laughed watching him. “And you’re welcome.”

The two chatted till Jong Up finished and got ready to leave. He packed up and sent Jaein home.

“Jong Up,” Jaein turned before entering her house. He looked at her.

“I’m strong enough,” Jaein said. “I don’t want you to think that I’m weak.”

He smiled and laughed, “I know.”

“See you tomorrow~” Jaein waved. Jong Up entered his car and left. Jaein opened the door to her house and entered. She changed and headed out to sleep.

 



 

Minah was on her way to her house when she saw two figures. When she walked closer to the two she realized it was none other than Jimin and Jaemi. She took her chance and hid spying on their conversation.

“I need you to do this not for yourself, but for me,” Jaemi said and held Jimin’s hand. Minah quickly peeked from where she hid and glared at Jaemi. *I’m keeping my eyes on you girl.*

Jimin nodded and smiled, “You will always be someone who I will cherish for the rest of my life.”

Minah acted like she was going to puke. *say what?!…*

She watched them hug and bid each other goodbyes. Minah looked at Jaemi’s figure disappeared into the distant. *what are these two on to…WAIT?! Jaemi must’ve asked Jimin to forget all about Jaein so they can start new?! That’s why Jimin was being all lovey dovey saying ‘I will cherish you for the rest of my life’. UGH! I knew she had some Yunri blood in her! Great! And I was hoping for Jaein and Jimin to get back together. You know what- I’m going to make them get back together. I’ll just ruin Jaemi’s little plans. Yeah that’s what I’ll do. Oh Baek Minah you are the best at these~~~*

Minah evilly smiled and waited till Jimin left before going home.
 


e
iapple's noteu
updated!~
ok i finally got my interent back!!! *cheers*~~
i will try to update a lot for you all tomorrow since it's Friday along with the weekends~~
this story is going to get better ~~ thank you for sticking with me through out this short hiatus~ :) <3